SERVER NEWS

So i think Ergin can call it quits on ra server , anyway thats what i say any1 disagree must speak up rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I gave up early, early January because I heard that we will be getting RA's server. I still feel guilty not publishing the work done so far.

I gave up early, early January because I heard that we will be getting RA's server. I still feel guilty not publishing the work done so far.

Well it was very nice of you to try and get ra server back but iam also puzzled that you would go through all that effort because you dont play emperor anymore

• 2 weeks later...

Please stay on topic. If you want to talk about players, fine. Start a new thread. (Posts about Hamachi are Ok, since until I get a proper server up and running, Hamachi is more or less the De facto server)

what OS do you need to run? Im getting a vps soon, and it should suffice.

what OS do you need to run? Im getting a vps soon, and it should suffice.

Interesting, My problem has been finding a box. I threw out a bunch of old PC's a little over a year ago, and now it turns out I could of used one of them. RA said he wrote his server software on Red Hat. So the server would need to run Red Hat 7, 8, or 9 with mysql and php. Which i think are part of the distro. You would need to set up a password during the install, then RA would log on and compile his software.

Interesting, My problem has been finding a box. I threw out a bunch of old PC's a little over a year ago, and now it turns out I could of used one of them. RA said he wrote his server software on Red Hat. So the server would need to run Red Hat 7, 8, or 9 with mysql and php. Which i think are part of the distro. You would need to set up a password during the install, then RA would log on and compile his software.

Its odd he chose Redhat, its been discontinued since 2005, unless he meant the enterprise version? See if you can find out exactly what OS and specs the server will need.

You should be fine running any Linux distro unless he wrote some really custom code...

Do you know what programming language he used? If it was just PHP he shouldn't need to compile anything. Although I would suspect there would have to be some sort of daemon running that accepts connections from the game.

You should be fine running any Linux distro unless he wrote some really custom code...

Do you know what programming language he used? If it was just PHP he shouldn't need to compile anything. Although I would suspect there would have to be some sort of daemon running that accepts connections from the game.

I hope your right, I would like to use a more modern OS.

• 4 weeks later...

hey ho fellas...,

glad to see some of the oldies...sup nunu, sup voodoo...

i would join again if there would be a server like RA. I am realy looking forward to voodoo...

well, if the only problem is a box, i could maybe help, but i realy dont know what to do with that bix in the end. i cant code and i dont know if programming is something to eat or to jerk with :)

i could place a box here if someone support and works with it. but i dont have a dedicated line. is it needed?

well...have a nice day

kalony

hey ho fellas...,

glad to see some of the oldies...sup nunu, sup voodoo...

i would join again if there would be a server like RA. I am realy looking forward to voodoo...

well, if the only problem is a box, i could maybe help, but i realy dont know what to do with that bix in the end. i cant code and i dont know if programming is something to eat or to jerk with :)

i could place a box here if someone support and works with it. but i dont have a dedicated line. is it needed?

well...have a nice day

kalony

I have a box ready, I just need the software.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to post an update, the software is installed, we are just preparing the registration page and configuring the server. Testing will begin soon.

Excellent news! I will definitely come back and have a go, although I have forgotten how to control the game, its been so long...

A big thank you to you for sorting it out, both Voodybaby and Gruntman, and of course RA too.

Excellent news! I will definitely come back and have a go, although I have forgotten how to control the game, its been so long...

A big thank you to you for sorting it out, both Voodybaby and Gruntman, and of course RA too.

we were never contacted by RA, so we set out using PVPGN instead, as it supports dune 2000 and emperor.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to give everyone a update. I have a server ready, but unfortunately RA1024 has gone missing. I have tried to email and to contact him by phone with no success. So until he turns up and I can get the binaries from him the server is at a standstill.

With respect to your work!

if necessary Tunngle community EBFD to help you.

But now Tunngle provides ideal conditions for the game.

Menu of friends, personal chat, forum, variability and reliability of communication

lets we play 3 vs 3 with no problems.

send me private messages if you need help.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally have some good news! I have been in touch with RA and he offered to send me the server code. Once he does this I will have to get a box to run the server, and the software to run RA's binaries.

The big question is, are there enough people still playing to make this effort worth my while?

With respect to your work!

if necessary Tunngle community EBFD to help you.

But now Tunngle provides ideal conditions for the game.

Menu of friends, personal chat, forum, variability and reliability of communication

lets we play 3 vs 3 with no problems.

send me private messages if you need help.

I just found the 4 disk set in a trash dumpster outside of a storage facility... I havent played this in over 10 years... I dont remember there ever being a very large community on WOL (which i tribute largely too the non standard way they set up the chat and match making. This is actually the first game I remember were you could get a quick match(which i find gay in that quick match makes the community very fragmented) Ill play, After I go thru the fourm and figure out how to set up the configs for whichever server ppl are playing on.

• 3 weeks later...

Shame a server isnt up and running reliably. For some reason I dont want to get involved in the hamachi type things. I would try to come back and meet up with some oldies and any newbs around.I wish I wasnt so useless at programming myself.

It was this mood that made me try to make a server myself.