I have an announcement to make

Edric O

I reserved judgement because it was suspicious that Mahdi wasn't making the topic. So, does this mean that Edric has found someone equally dedicated to the communist revolution? Or maybe someone to calm him down and get a steady 9-5. Who is this possibly fictional woman/man/llama?

I will only say this much: she is a human female, born in the United States. I believe that narrows it down to about 150,000,000 people.

I must direct everyones attention to this 2008 thread with a revealing post in it by our fine Mr. O:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=20628.0

Very good - though a little late. :) Obviously, I did not know back then that I would be getting married, but I had already decided that if/when it happened, I would announce it here on April 1st.

Congrats Edric O.  ;D

Will you post some images of the wedding (for proof also)?  :D

Thank you, but you should know me better than to ask such questions! I won't even mention her name, let alone post pictures. :P

Also, the wedding isn't going to be until next year. Both of us like to plot scheme plan things well in advance.

Hehe. You all fell for it. ;D I have to thank Hwi in particular for mentioning April 1 in the very first reply, thus making sure that everyone would think my post was just a boring repeat of an old April Fools joke.

But the real April Fools was to make you all believe that the announcement was false, when it's actually true. I am, in fact, getting married.

Yes, it was a calculated risk on my part, but I thought it better to error on the side of caution. And I hope the joke was worth forever having your wedding announcement associated with April Fools day. :D 

Nonetheless--

Congratulations to you and that lucky gal of yours!!  Did you manage to surprise her with the marriage proposal?  Was it over a romantic, candlelit dinner or in a beautiful park setting, or something purely spontaneous in nature?  Sorry, we females like to know about those sorts of details

I will only say this much: she is a human female, born in the United States. I believe that narrows it down to about 150,000,000 people.

Whew! You dispelled my worries! :P

Thank you, but you should know me better than to ask such questions! I won't even mention her name, let alone post pictures. :P

Also, the wedding isn't going to be until next year. Both of us like to plot scheme plan things well in advance.

Tell me, Edric, if you're so conscious about disclosure of any personal information regarding yourself, why bother telling people about some facts of your life like this one, even without mentioning names or posting photos? Wouldn't it be easier to just keep it all secret?

He could be using reverse-reverse psychology, so the joke could be that it is really a joke when he said it was not a joke when everyone thought it to be a joke...

Or, rather, it might turn out to be no joke at all, but a carefully masterminded decoy move to draw our attention away from something else... With Edric O, the Master of Deception, you'll never know ;D

Congratulations on an excellent use of the trope. Was the proposal timed with Fed2k in mind, or is it something that happened earlier (and you've just held off from announcing it)? Or was the proposal itself in fact on April 1st?