Atreidis Units

peseverance

Fox Fives I have to agree with you that the Minataurus rules in many cases. I just had the Atreides mission where the Duke's guards are replaced by face dancers. I got 2 of those Minatarauses in the middle of it and never had to worry about contaminators again.

I don't know why people are worrying about these campaigns so much and telling everybody how they did that mission. I think everybody agrees with me that the campaign missions where a peanut. I myself had already finished the game on the first day (atreides) and I hadn't checked out any of the strategies on the web. After checking those out I finished the campaign with the harkonnen, and I did it even faster. I think westwood isn't makig these campaigns hard enough. Also, I finished Dune2000 in one day as well. Well maybe it's just for those newbies, but can't they make hard a little harder?

Well, I think the hardest games are those that you play as a newbie. It's not to brag, but nowadays I don't really have any difficulties with single player games. Altough the online gaming is still a challenge for me as anyone. I already was playing the original dune 2 and thus I think I go along a while. I think C&C 1 took the longest time for me to complete. I remember it was something like 2 weeks.

Excuse me for butting in here, but just what ARE the "pre-ordered" units? I know the air drone is one. What are the others?

Pre-ordered units are special unit that those who pre-order E:BFD! The units include Air Drone-Atreides, Air-Defense Platform-Harkonnen and the ordos Air Mine. If you didn't pre-order Emperor, don't worry Westwood will take out a patch later on that will allow you to play this units in the game. But if ya are impatient ;)  just like me there's already a crack out there for releasing the units. Try searching the downloads of FED2K to get it :)

Air Mine for Ordos

Eye in Sky sux!!!!!!

6 can't even take out a Const. Yard :(

anyway..... Air Mines Sux

one of them takes out one Gunship.... I was expecting maybe 5????

Air Drones are slightly better but I think a Gunship could beat it

The Hark ones are ok...... Since they can fire at the ground units too

They take out Minos in 6 shots or so :)

i juz air drop tons of mints into the enemy base...yeah , a few carryalls get shot down, but who cares?.

when u got 48-2 mints in their base.. u won.

I'm sorry, but anyone who has build dozens of minotaurus and a few carryals has enough resources to make any sort of force work. By that time strategies really don't matter that much anymore

Guest XehutL

FOX_FIVE: I'm playing Ord. campaign and I'm using EITS to take down Cons yards.. quite often.. 3 at once or 4 (for sure) are enough to destroy it..

I order them (all grouped at once) to move to some location near base, then use some units as "decoys" to lure fire on them (las tanks) and then move with EITS just beoynd Cons Yard.. and when their shadows are exactly over Cons, I simply just press D... and there is no Cons any more :)

(And after this, comp AI ususally starts to retreat)

-X-

You guys are right. Once those EITS's get hit once, they move so slowly you might as well leave them to get shot down. I also agree that those Saboteur's are useless. Can't they have C4 like in Dune 2000? Now THAT was fun!

I think those Hark Gunships are much better than those stupid Ornithropters (don't get me wrong - I still like the Atreides more). I think they should have made Ornis better.

BTW Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that setting your comp clock ahead will get you those drones (and the other two special units)?