Facebook setup by the CIA.

Could the popular website Facebook be set up by the CIA. This video clip includes who has money in it, its origins (including US government offices) and their privacy policies and terms of agreement which state they can use and profit from any of the information you post on the site. You can watch it here......Does what happens in the Facebook stay in the Facebook?

Quick disclaimer: I am not a conspiracy nut job. I just find it interesting how the CIA is suppose to be in everything but a lone bomber on a terror watch list is almost able to blow a plane out of the sky. If the CIA is profiling people on Facebook maybe they should be reassigned and quit wasting time with fun loving Facebook users it is a bad idea and just sooooooo unfair.

I doubt the CIA put it up, but I'm sure it makes their jobs a lot easier when terrorists are putting all their social activities on there. I really wouldn't be surprised if the CIA had some fake apps up to legally collect info from users (no one reads the terms of service).

People who play farmville are idiots.

Especially the ones who join groups to get "free" stuff if they invite all their friends. One group I saw last night, used a bit.ly link to point to a website where they were selling a farmville book for $40. Lots of scammers and really stupid people on facebook. Sadly this generation doesn't seem to learn their lessons either.

The worst part is when their computers get infected and your email address was in their account (maybe I sent them an email or something) which then of course gets added to spam lists.

Wow, that's hardcore ... if you have a friend that's prone to conspiracy theory obsession, then you need to tell him that. Only be sure to say that it's not because the government wants to seem more powerful than it actually is, but it's to discredit the people who know the Truth ahead of time so that the state can continue it's nefarious experimentation with alien devices on the unknowing public.

Quick disclaimer: I am not a conspiracy nut job.

Yes, you are. You are the epitome of the type.

I thought your username rang a bell, so I just had a quick look back through your posts and found this thread, about 9/11:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=21052.0

How have things been there in LaLaLande?

Chigger: The quality of discussion would be higher, and you would be making a better use of your time, if you refrained from going through people's post histories for the sole purpose of finding reasons to insult them.

But yes, this is just another conspiracy theory, and it's even more ridiculous than most. Why on Earth would the CIA want to set up a website to collect personal information from millions and millions of random people? The chances of finding a "terrorist" (or whoever you're looking for) by reading endless Facebook data are about the same as the chances of bumping into that person on the street. The CIA would need to employ the population of an entire country just to read everyone's Facebook profiles.

The quality of discussion would be a bit higher if you did a bit more to nip wingnut threads in the bud. The past behavior of the OP is relevant in that he has a history of starting at least one other conspiracy theory thread here.

And how I use my time is my business, thank you very much. If my posts violate a guideline, delete them and/or warn me.

The quality of discussion would be a bit higher if you did a bit more to nip wingnut threads in the bud. The past behavior of the OP is relevant in that he has a history of starting at least one other conspiracy theory thread here.

Where would the fun in that be??

The past behavior of the OP is relevant in that he has a history of starting at least one other conspiracy theory thread here.

To be fair, we did apply this doctrine to Hwi in the past without complaint... but I suppose in that case, she had just recently started the same debate she hoped to rekindle. Here, I don't take as much offense to him starting another thread of the same type: especially since it's at least a different conspiracy theory. He may be dishonest about his interest in conspiracy theories, but that's no reason to hang a man.

Oh, crap, I meant Digital Guerrilla. What did I say?

No, that's certainly true: even if the CIA set it up, there's no way they could use it. Even then, they'd have to have fabricated the entire, very public identity of Mark Zuckerberg and everyone who works at facebook. Next thing you know, Tucker Max will be a ploy to reign in potential sex offenders.

The CIA would need to employ the population of an entire country just to read everyone's Facebook profiles.
I don't think so. They could use software.

Wow, that's hardcore ... if you have a friend that's prone to conspiracy theory obsession, then you need to tell him that...

I won't. Maybe he is hired by the government. :D ;D

The OP disagrees with SandChigger. I have no past behavior that suggests anything except I have made past posts. The threads are about conspiracy NOT if I believe in either of the conspiracies. I have made other posts.......

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=22194.msg349384#msg349384

.....but none received your witty satire. I read the rules for the forum but I can not find any Fed2k offense that I have committed.

_=Shrugs=_

So apparently some people just get to facebook by typing "facebook" into addressbar

Yesterday google top ranked redirected people to a blog here.

Read the comments for LOL time. So many dumb people who should not be using a computer.

If you want to keep stupid people stupid, promote the google result for that blog. :D

So apparently some people just get to facebook by typing "facebook" into addressbar

Yesterday google top ranked redirected people to a blog here.

Read the comments for LOL time. So many dumb people who should not be using a computer.

If you want to keep stupid people stupid, promote the google result for that blog. :D

I do this quite often, but I'd never get confused like those people have done!

• 1 month later...