Michael Jackson vs. Optimus Prime

Mahdi

Like any corporation, they are led by profit. If more money is to be made running gossip about some celebrities' surgery than informing of us important issues, then that is what they will do.

OMG did you, like, hear?!  Michael Jackson died!  How horrible!  I hope he's in heaven right now, with his 72 (8 year old) virgins!  Let's have a vigil and celebrate his life!

Five Banks Are Seized, Raising U.S. Failures This Year to 45

I heard Megan Fox was bi. John and kate are getting divorced omg! They apparently have been on tv for 2 years and I only heard of them in the past month. And with Michael Jacksons death Iran coverage has disappeared.

What's a possible Irnaian revolution compared to the passing of two American Icons like Farrah and Michael whose talents touched our souls and changed the world for the better?

I suggest clicking the "readers tributes" link on msnbc.  If there was ever an arguement for government sponsored forced sterilization, that would be it.

My favourites are the ones saying he is second in importance and impact in this world only to Jesus and that while he was a child molester, he's only human and we all have our problems, and that shouldn't make us think of him as anything other than a great man without whom we wouldn't have Justin Timberlake.

My favourites are the ones saying he is second in importance and impact in this world only to Jesus and that while he was a child molester, he's only human and we all have our problems, and that shouldn't make us think of him as anything other than a great man without whom we wouldn't have Justin Timberlake.

For the love of all that is good and decent, please tell me that you fabricated that comment. ;D

They say that these types of deaths occur in 3

Saying you hope the new transformers is as good as the first is like saying you hope your diarrhea isn't explosive.  Regular diarrhea is definately better than the explosive variety but, ultimately, it's all still shit.

What I wrote was a combination of three different comments - 1)  second in the world in importance and impact to Jesus - 2) child molester but we're all human and make mistakes and he's still a great and fantastic person who changed the world and we're worse off for losing him and - 3) Without him we wouldn't have Justin Timberlake (and a bunch of other crappy "artists").

Saying you hope the new transformers is as good as the first is like saying you hope your diarrhea isn't explosive.  Regular diarrhea is definately better than the explosive variety but, ultimately, it's all still shit.

My, such strong language.

I rather enjoyed the first Transformers movie, wouldn

Fairly often at fanboy-aimed movies.  Care to bet how many standing ovations Star Wars Episode 1 got its opening weekend?

Rotten Tomatoes currently has Tranformers 2 at 21% positive reviews....

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  As long as you were entertained by it, it don't matter if anyone else was, or, hell, even if it was a good movie or not.  I found Megashark Vs. Giant Octopus entertaining, but I definately wouldn't call it a good movie. 

And I've driven this thread vastly off-topic.

Well, we need more new threads in General anyway, so I'll just split off the off-topic posts into an all new thread about Michael Jackson and Transformers.

Speaking of which...

I heard Megan Fox was bi. John and kate are getting divorced omg! They apparently have been on tv for 2 years and I only heard of them in the past month. And with Michael Jacksons death Iran coverage has disappeared.

Clearly Michael Jackson was killed on the orders of Ahmadinejad to cover up what he's doing in Iran! It's a conspiracy I tell you! They used a 7 year old suicide bomber!

I rather enjoyed the first Transformers movie, wouldn

Saying you hope the new transformers is as good as the first is like saying you hope your diarrhea isn't explosive.  Regular diarrhea is definately better than the explosive variety but, ultimately, it's all still shit.

:O

Oh my gawd. You just eternally joined my List of Immortals. :D

Well, we need more new threads in General anyway, so I'll just split off the off-topic posts into an all new thread about Michael Jackson and Transformers.

Actually, the MJ posts were on topic, but it's ok, we all know Edric's a little slow on picking things up like that... ;D

Sandchigger:  And to think, I wasted that line on a transformers movie, when there are so very, very very many new Dune novels coming out over the next few years...

Well, I believe in you now and trust that you would only have done such a thing if you had more devastating comments still concealed in your arsenal, or were certain you could fabricate new ones as needed.

Oh yeah, I'm a believer! :D

Having a look at <i>Winds</i> now as a matter of fact. ;) Who knew something that blows this hard could also suck so bad?!

My favorite line so far is this: "Sandworms had no eyes, simply sensed vibrations."

WhoTF do The Hacks Twain imagine would need to be reminded of something like that? (Other than a new-to-Dune, first-time reader, I mean.)

Bad additions to the Duniverse. Bad writing. BAD BAD BAD. I LOVE IT!!!  ;D

Mahdi, as long as we're not talking about cautionary tales of plastic surgery, aliens hiding among us in human form, or a certain habit of the ancient Greeks, MJ is never on topic. :P

My favorite line so far is this: "Sandworms had no eyes, simply sensed vibrations."

WhoTF do The Hacks Twain imagine would need to be reminded of something like that? (Other than a new-to-Dune, first-time reader, I mean.)

When writing a series of novels set in the same universe, authors often state basic facts not only in the first book, but also in the second, third, or even fourth, for the benefit of readers who don't start with the first novel.

Oh wait. This is BH/KJA Dune book number what? Two hundred and something?

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly Michael Jackson was killed on the orders of Ahmadinejad to cover up what he's doing in Iran! It's a conspiracy I tell you! They used a 7 year old suicide bomber!

It was obviously Gordon Brown, trying to stop people talking about the expenses scandal.