best ord unit & best sub house unit

playerap

Ordos don't have a "super-unit" like the mino.  The fun with ordos is managing a diverse group of units to be effective.  You can't win a battle with one unit alone.

However I'd have to say the most important ordos unit is, ironically, the dust scout.  Think about it, they are essential for virtually every ordos strat.  They won't win the game for you but you can't win without 'em (well you can, just not as quickly or easily).

The subhouse that works best with ordos would be fremen for low money, and guild on newb setts.  I just won a qm against the #2 hark using nothing but dusts and feds.  Granted, I had 3 camps and only 1 fac, but dust scouts build fast enough that you don't need tonnes of facs.

Deviators and Dust Scouts. Don't you just love 'em?

Kobras are really useful too, but I confess I prefer them undeployed so that they can move in and crush infantry. I use turrets for defence.

Well, it's not the best all-around vehicle. But the las-tank wins over anything but infantry. They are the best counter against minos.

I fought a nice qm once versus a man who loved his minos. My las tanks were hurt, as I was stupid enough to group em, but one survived. He became a full veteran, and later I found a cloak crate. That one tank took on a group of 8 mino's solo. The best game I ever had. I ran circles around the guy.

If you are willing to do the micro-management, las-tanks will always win.

Buzzsaw's are no match for las-tanks. And mongeese are pretty good against las-tanks, but the las-tanks are fast enought that I'd still give them the advantage.

I just played against the Harks today, and the missile tank was pretty good. But a 1st rank veteran can survive the first attack and kill it if it has at least one partner. Or you can pick up a cloak crate, take the first hit, heal, and take him out before he sees you again. :)

If I were ever so crass or mindless to play any house other than Ordos I'd say that projected laser tanks would be a useful weapon. They can destroy a shielded Ordso unit with a single shot. Admittedly they too are destroyed, but there's plenty more where they came from.

I like laser tanks more than APCs. Much more useful.

I like the laser and the APC both, Apc still rocks against verhicles and aircrafts.

And if they got some bars their speed increases greatly.

It is still unbelievable that alot of people doesn't even bother building apcs. And they are complaining about the Ordos AA capabilities all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

AA troopers are an ok base defence, but you need the apc's to defend your harvestors and counter attack theirs. Plus they are fast and more mobile. So they can go anywhere and provide effective AA defense for your units or base that is having problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the EITS,Dust Scout,Las Tank and the Fremen Fedaykin.

I especially like sneaking in the EITS to massacre defenses then sending in Dust SCouts+Fedaykins, followed by a last las tank offense(from my defense of cource, i'm not gonna spend the time building more las tanks)