Pen and paper RPG idea

firefly

I'm sure it has occured to lots of people that the Dune universe is an excellent host for a pen-and-paper RPG. Now, as to my knowledge such a product does not exist, I think the appropriate parties should seriously consider letting Guardians of Order (http://www.guardiansorder.on.ca/) make one, best set around E:bfD's kickoff time. Given that all of their various games, because they use the same basic rules (Tri-Stat System; http://www.guardiansorder.on.ca/greengoo/tristat.html), are in effect sourcebooks for one another (sorta like Palladium products), that leaves a lot of options open for referees and players alike.

Well, now that I have in my possession a copy of GoO's BESM rulebook (information on it and its associated products is available http://www.guardiansorder.on.ca/greengoo/besm.html), I suppose I could get started on some adaptations.  It is especially noteworthy that most of GoO's RPG products, like Palladium's, are compatible with one another; the resultant possibilities have the potential to be serious fun.

Guest Tyrion

go to amazon.com and find the dune RPG book it came out two months ago it uses the D20 system made by wotc. first designed for use in Dungeons and Dragons 3rd edition.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

D20 is soooo not fully customizable... It sucks for anything but Fantasy(And the WHeel of Time one is the only good one of those). Just because the DMs Guide says it's fully customizable doesn't mean it is...

Now GURPS... there's a fully customizable game. We've played games ranging from fantasy to hard-core sci-fi to modern and they've all kicked butt. nearly all of their suppliments are great and they have one for almost every Genre you can think of(Including ones based on major book series)

D20 will never be able to compare, not matter how many already existing games Wizards buys... The major reason other than crappy writers and horrible ideas? They have yet to release a D20 main book! Come on Wizards... get it together...

ANyways, see my other post on a GURPS DUNE RPG my friend and I are working on.

• 3 months later...

Have anyone of you played Baldurs Gate 1 or 2, Icewind Dale or the new game I just bought, Neverwinter Nights?

These games base their rules on d&d and they are smashing fun because they are games(Very large games it takes a whole lot of time to complete them) who you can do whatever you want. You can be good or evil, or visit a too strong foe at a too low lvl...

Dungeons and Dragons is opportunities!

• 2 months later...

Have anyone of you played Baldurs Gate 1 or 2, Icewind Dale or the new game I just bought, Neverwinter Nights?

These games base their rules on d&d and they are smashing fun because they are games(Very large games it takes a whole lot of time to complete them) who you can do whatever you want. You can be good or evil, or visit a too strong foe at a too low lvl...

Dungeons and Dragons is opportunities!

heheh. played em all =)

planescape: Torment too

altho for non-linear gaming Morrowind is probably the most advanced

• 3 weeks later...