Ghostbusters and Spore... will Mahdi actually play a video game?

Mahdi

Ghostbusters... I love the ghostbusters, and was absolutely obsessed with them as a kid and now with the script for the never made third movie being made inot a game witha ll the original actors... I must play this game.  But I doubt my computer could handle it.

And if my computer can't handle ghostbusters, it definately can't handle spore, which I also thought sounded really cool.

Anyone else have thoughts on these two?  Or one of the two?

Not much to say. Haven't heard of Ghost busters but spore sounds like it could be interesting. Don't know much about the game though. To be honest, none of those games sound wholly impressive.

I share you're pain on the technical limitations though. My comp still use Geforce fx 5700 from over 5 years ago, so no Supreme Commander, C&C3, Jade Empires. Basically, my comp has not been able to meet mim requirements for most produced games from about a year or two ago. Still enjoying the classics though.

Spore looks like it should be very interesting. I question some of its graphics choices, but everything else seems sound. I could probably run it on mid-settings at the moment (are there any system specs released? Haven't checked), but plan to get a new PC sometime in the next year anyway, so no issue there.

Been looking forward to Spore for ages now.

They both look pretty interesting.  For me, Spore will be a neat diversion, and I'll play it until the novelty wears off.  But I know there will be people who will die at their desk playing this game.

Ghostbusters, from what I've seen, looks like it'll be a lot of fun, but I don't really like the cartoony "DK mode" graphics style.  And if it's the script for the third movie that's made into a game, why is the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man in it?  I guess we'll have to wait and see...

• 3 weeks later...

They both look pretty interesting.  For me, Spore will be a neat diversion, and I'll play it until the novelty wears off.  But I know there will be people who will die at their desk playing this game.

Ghostbusters, from what I've seen, looks like it'll be a lot of fun, but I don't really like the cartoony "DK mode" graphics style.  And if it's the script for the third movie that's made into a game, why is the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man in it?  I guess we'll have to wait and see...

The Marshmallow man, the first slimer encounter, and a couple other scenes from the first two movies are the training levels.

I've been looking over the development of Spore for at least a couple years and am dying for this game to come out! The idea of evolving creatures and literally evolving genres of gameplay in Real-Time is intriguing.

My roommates are all hyped-up about GhostBusters the game, and with a decent storyline it'll be great.

• 1 month later...

Well that makes sense, given the game's structure. The "galaxies" and "planets" are supposedly all real worlds created by other users of the game, where their data is uploaded by internet where you get to see what they create. I hear you won't be able to interact with the real user, as the computer takes over the civilization once the data input is complete. Very interesting way to go about it, and leads to infinite creativity with little effort by developers.