DragonBall GT - Worst Anime ever?

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Dragon Ball GT is not only one of the worst animes I've ever seen, it is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. The second distinction is worse, as anime is generally of a higher quality (to me) that most things that one can watch.

I also thought Dragon Ball Z was a very cr@p show. However, excluding GT that would gain the title of the worst anime I've ever seen as opposed to the worst show I've ever seen.

Digimon was mostly pathetic. What I saw of season 3 was surprisingly good, but what I saw of seasons 1,2, and 4 was totally cr@p. Especially 2 and 4.

''I don't know about GT, but DragonBall Z was a lot of fun.

If I see an episode on internet, I still get stuck behind it...''

I see that you are most probably anime deprived. Do you're self a favor and enjoy the experiences of Neon Genesis Evangelion (prob shouldn't watch this first though), Great Teacher Onizuka, Excel saga, Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, Death Note and Welcome To The NHK. I'd suggest the last two first. They don't require any knowledge/ experience of Japan and/or anime to be fully enjoyed though that doesn't really make a serious difference for any of these anime. It's just that with some anime some people are weirded out by a culture/''way'' that is foreighn to them and also by the fact that generally (good) animes don't explain everything clearly and factually in an un-debatable manner as do most mediums of entertainment but rather often put things in a bit of a metaphorical or read behind the lines kind of way (you could almost say that anime is sometimes poetic, and needs someone willing to pause for depth to be fully enjoyed). The the indivual ignorant of this is often left not understanding some animes thinking of them as crazy weird nonsense.

Anyway, the animes I list are all gold must see experiences. I could probably put down many more (Thought Golden boy was great) if I paused to search my memory for more than what comes up immediately.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watch the following:

Comedy:

Excel Saga

Puni Puni Poemi

Ouran High School Host Club

Magister Negi Magi Negima

Kamisama Kazoku 1-13 (more of a romance/Comedy Anime)

Hale+Guu/Hale notchi guu (English name: The jungle was nice, then came Guu).

High school girls

Azumanga Daioh

Tsuyokiss Cool X sweet

Asatte no Houkou (Romance/Comedy anime)

Action:

My brother recommends Elfien lied, but I couldn't watch it because the violence was way too horrible, I'm not usually sensitive about such things, but Elfien Lied wins the championship for violence, when I was watching it I was like "AHHHHH!!!", I even covered my eyes a few times because of, eg. limbs being ripped apart, too much blood flowing out of people, people exploding into blood, etc. I was about 12 when I watched this.

Kaze No Stigma (English name: Stigma of the wind ???), this anime is also very funny.

Overman king Gainer, This anime doesn't take itself seriously (on purpose), it's quite funny.

Medabots, Action/comedy.

Claymore

Najica: Blitz tactics

Speed grapher

Solty Rei

Anime you SHOULDN'T watch:

3x3 eyes

Yu-gi-oh

my brother says Dragonball Z, But I really like the show.

Some people may call Naruto lame, but it's not bad.

Dragonball GT, WORST ANIME EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Also there was some anime with an art style so horrible that a 2-year old could draw better, I can't remember the name.

To be honest mate you wasted your time. Anime as a genre isn't something i'm going to bother with. It's just quite shoddy in my opinion.

Did I really waste my time? That's ridiculous, Anime is not really a genre (other than in the display sense). Anime can be drama, action, comedy, romance, etc, anime is animation that's usually done by the japanese or is done in a japanese art style, I'm not to sure of that though. So unless you think there's something wrong with this particular kind of art form, then that's just ridiculous.

As my brother pointed out, anime is more of a visual style than a genre. Saying you hate anime is like saying you hate live action, western animation, or animation in general. Also, if it's just you're opinion that's it is not good that is one thing, but statement like ''To be honest mate you wasted your time'' basically demand that you think that anime generally sucks in an objective kind of way outside of you're opinion.

For that, you need proper reasoning to back you're criticism.

''Anime is generally pretty poor - the art work is awful and the plots are never very imaginative.''

I don't really see how you can complain that the art work is any worse than you're typical western cartoon. Relatively, at least, the art work is very good. Sometimes it may be a little undetailed but the quality of a piece of art is clearly not directly proportional to it's detail. Sometimes to much detail can ruin the mood of a picture or film by making it feel to serious or otherwise. Basically this generalist statement is ridiculous as there are are hundreds of anime artists and plot writers. Are you saying they all magically suck because they work in an inferior art form. In addition to this, it is possible to things in anime (and indeed in any form of animation) that is impossible to do in live action. That is an important factor in generally encouraging more creative plot, settings, e.t.c design that should theoretically lead to animation generally being more creative than live action.

Speaking more specifically though, the statement is also ridiculous, especially in it's latter part. If you watch closely (or read a FAQ) you will see that Neon Genesis Evangelion has a rather interesting plot of something of a final showdown btw angels and humans in something akin to Gods final test with many allusions to (some) bible along with the mechanations of certain megalomaniac characters in an attempt to bring the transcending in their favored way. The plot is debated to this day like a Shakespeare novel lol. Ghost in the shell (the series) also has an interesting plot about conspiracy and what not. Only having partially watched the show I can't really say much more, though many of the episodes have their own very interesting mini-plots. Also paranoia agent seems interesting. Just a few examples off the top of my head of the conspiratorial kind since those are the ones that would seem most attractive to you. There are also many other interesting and original plots of non-conspiratorial kinds that easily come to mind. Name a genre and I can probably name an interesting plot, settings, e.t.c.

The problem with some anime is that though they have an interesting and complex plot this plot is often times not made explicitly clear and missing a single episode can ruin the entire plot and show with constant confusion later on. Hence some series need to be watched twice to be appreciated.

''I've seen quite a few of one's which have been recommended as good.''

You have to watch you're recommendations (excuse the pun), as some people do not have matching tastes and others might just give out popular shows. Anime, unlike other forms of media (but perhaps to a more extreme extent) is heavily damaged by commercialization and generally speaking the more commercialized something is or gets the lower its' quality is or gets. Eg: One piece = mostly rubbish, most Gundam series = rubbish (some are interesting in a political sense) Naruto = became rubbish at least, DBZ = SUPER rubbish, Yugi-Oh = SUPER rubbish, e.t.c.

Seriously, an important rule when it comes to animation is that anything that airs on a non-anime channel generally sucks, which makes sense because it has to amass significant popularity to air on such a channel and in order to do this it generally has to become mainstream, commercialized and appeal to children (anime generally airs either on anime channels or children and/or cartoon (keeping in mind cartoon does not necessarily = children as South Park has so ''eloquently'' demonstrated. :D) which are all factors that are generally associated to or directly lead to ''suckage''.

Not all of my brothers' suggestions are that great, though most are generally good reccomendations. However, I suspect that you are not in the right mood or frame of mind to enjoy many of the comedies he has mentioned and are likely to dismiss them as ''weird'' or ''random'' as those new to the anime scene and unfamiliar with anime or Japanese customs will often do.

If you've any interest in the generally Edrico involving economic capitalism Vs communism debates then you should be interested in Speed Grapher. Well, maybe not so much if you are on the capitalist side. While remaining somewhat unnasuming it is about a ''certain'' cult and can't really avoid showing the dirty side of capitalism and extreme wealth. Even if you find it disagreeable it should be interesting. Also, you can't argue that blowing people up with camera's is unoriginal:D (not that all of the action is centered on that or anything.).

If I were to suggest any anime that you'd probably enjoy it would be Death Note. So if you will only ever watch one more anime, I'd suggest this one. I think that upon watching it you will agree with me that it's originality is undisputable and it's plot is excellent. You will also find that it will not appear as ridiculous to you as other anime, it is quite realistic and ''cooled down'' almost completely avoiding ''battles'' of any kind which is vary rare for an action thriller of any kind including live action.

As my brother pointed out, anime is more of a visual style than a genre. Saying you hate anime is like saying you hate live action, western animation, or animation in general. Also, if it's just you're opinion that's it is not good that is one thing, but statement like ''To be honest mate you wasted your time'' basically demand that you think that anime generally sucks in an objective kind of way outside of you're opinion.

I think that Anime would fall under a genre as well as a style for the key reason that when people discuss it they discuss the fact that it is anime before they break it down into sub genres (comedy, action, sci fi, etc.). Also I never meant to imply that I thought Anime was objectively bad (to be honest I thought your bros list was directed at me so I only meant that he wasted his time in as much as I would not go out of my way to find the Anime which he pointed out). I'm not A big fan of animation in general I suppose as I think there are few things involving animation which actually rival live action.

''Anime is generally pretty poor - the art work is awful and the plots are never very imaginative.''

I don't really see how you can complain that the art work is any worse than you're typical western cartoon. Relatively, at least, the art work is very good. Sometimes it may be a little undetailed but the quality of a piece of art is clearly not directly proportional to it's detail. Sometimes to much detail can ruin the mood of a picture or film by making it feel to serious or otherwise. Basically this generalist statement is ridiculous as there are are hundreds of anime artists and plot writers. Are you saying they all magically suck because they work in an inferior art form. In addition to this, it is possible to things in anime (and indeed in any form of animation) that is impossible to do in live action. That is an important factor in generally encouraging more creative plot, settings, e.t.c design that should theoretically lead to animation generally being more creative than live action.

I don't think that the latter part of this statement isn't particularly true. I notice at the bottom of your post you mention Death Note. Have you seen the live action Death Note? it is very good and I can't see that many of the characters and scenes would play out quite as well in anime simply because animation can't portray the same emotion as real actors can.

Speaking more specifically though, the statement is also ridiculous, especially in it's latter part. If you watch closely (or read a FAQ) you will see that Neon Genesis Evangelion has a rather interesting plot of something of a final showdown btw angels and humans in something akin to Gods final test with many allusions to (some) bible along with the mechanations of certain megalomaniac characters in an attempt to bring the transcending in their favored way. The plot is debated to this day like a Shakespeare novel lol.

Play. ;) Well if the same is true in 500 years maybe I will withdraw my statement but the example you used just makes me not want to watch that type of show. Angels vs Humans in a supercoolmegashowdownbattleoftheuniverse just doesn't interest me but of course that's just a personal thing.

The problem with some anime is that though they have an interesting and complex plot this plot is often times not made explicitly clear and missing a single episode can ruin the entire plot and show with constant confusion later on. Hence some series need to be watched twice to be appreciated.

You'll have to tell me if this is true for speed grapher as I can only find episode 5 onwards.

''I've seen quite a few of one's which have been recommended as good.''

You have to watch you're recommendations (excuse the pun), as some people do not have matching tastes and others might just give out popular shows. Anime, unlike other forms of media (but perhaps to a more extreme extent) is heavily damaged by commercialization and generally speaking the more commercialized something is or gets the lower its' quality is or gets. Eg: One piece = mostly rubbish, most Gundam series = rubbish (some are interesting in a political sense) Naruto = became rubbish at least, DBZ = SUPER rubbish, Yugi-Oh = SUPER rubbish, e.t.c.

Yeah I'm aware of those and wasn't particularly refering to them as they do just seem inferior kids tv. At least that is how they are billed over here.

Not all of my brothers' suggestions are that great, though most are generally good reccomendations. However, I suspect that you are not in the right mood or frame of mind to enjoy many of the comedies he has mentioned and are likely to dismiss them as ''weird'' or ''random'' as those new to the anime scene and unfamiliar with anime or Japanese customs will often do.

Noted. I'm all for surreal though so maybe they are worth a go.

If you've any interest in the generally Edrico involving economic capitalism Vs communism debates then you should be interested in Speed Grapher. Well, maybe not so much if you are on the capitalist side. While remaining somewhat unnasuming it is about a ''certain'' cult and can't really avoid showing the dirty side of capitalism and extreme wealth. Even if you find it disagreeable it should be interesting. Also, you can't argue that blowing people up with camera's is unoriginal:D (not that all of the action is centered on that or anything.).

Started streaming this one so I'll tell you what I think.

If I were to suggest any anime that you'd probably enjoy it would be Death Note. So if you will only ever watch one more anime, I'd suggest this one. I think that upon watching it you will agree with me that it's originality is undisputable and it's plot is excellent. You will also find that it will not appear as ridiculous to you as other anime, it is quite realistic and ''cooled down'' almost completely avoiding ''battles'' of any kind which is vary rare for an action thriller of any kind including live action.

As I said before I liked the live action Death Note. I'll watch the anime but I can't believe it will be better.

Watch something called Goldenboy btw.

I don't think that the latter part of this statement isn't particularly true. I notice at the bottom of your post you mention Death Note. Have you seen the live action Death Note? it is very good and I can't see that many of the characters and scenes would play out quite as well in anime simply because animation can't portray the same emotion as real actors can.

Play.

Animations CAN express the same emotion as an actor, in an anime if someone feels sad they can maybe even express it more than a live action thing, since some expressions probably won't or can't be used in live action, also, an anime artist can use certain effects such as hearts coming out of a person's head or the straight black lines on a person's face indicating sadness or the character feeling bad. People DO express basically every emotion (and maybe even more) through art, people express things through art that can't be expressed by people.

I think expressing love by small hearts is very cheap method of expressing emotion. There's no subtlety there. Of course art can be very expressive but surely the enigma is the lure of the Mona Lisa?

also, an anime artist can use certain effects such as hearts coming out of a person's head or the straight black lines on a person's face indicating sadness or the character feeling bad.

Anime artists do that because they usually can't accurately depict certain emotions.

Not that I'm against anime.  I'm a huge fan of Gintama, and am trying to get into the Devil May Cry series.

Oh, lordy. i didn't have time to read the Novels of Sneak and Khan, but Death Note in Anime form is a work of art.  The plot is far from shoddy I think, and the presentation (not to mention characterization) is superb.  That's my two cents.  I heard the live action was less effective than the anime.  My friend read the manga.  I'm sure it's ok.  Watching episode 1-36 in that series is truly amazing, and I got to see the last two episodes while I was in China so that was kinda fun being in Asia and watching anime.

For the record i've only seen some DBZ and all of Deathnote.  also I've seen two Samurai shamploo, and a Bleach episode, oh and the FullMetal Alchemist movie.  besides that I haven't seen any anime, so i wouldn't call myself a fan, but not unawares. 

Heh, I continue my ''novel'' with its most ambitious expansion yet. ;D

''Started streaming this one so I'll tell you what I think.''

''Noted. I'm all for surreal though so maybe they are worth a go.''

''Yeah I'm aware of those and wasn't particularly refering to them as they do just seem inferior kids tv. At least that is how they are billed over here.''

First off, I will say that I am impressed that you are willing to PROPERLY try out something new. That is rare and it is even rarer for somebody to actually listen to somebody else and try out something new as opposed to only trying out what they consider while considering other's suggestions to be worth nought and dismissed out of hand. Keep in mind though that of course some anime is BAD and that different animes are in different spirit. If you are watching a comedy anime then expect the unrealistic and non-subtle personality.

Btw, if you ever consider watching a comedy anime of the more insane side of things I would recommend Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu (the Jungle was nice, then came Guu. :D). I especially recommend this if you cannot take emotion in anime seriously as any element of seriousness is quite unnecessary here. Additionally it may be easier to relate as it touches on some more globally recognized themes and situations such as a couple thats permanently in that ''fantasy- just met and fell in love'' mood.

''You'll have to tell me if this is true for speed grapher as I can only find episode 5 onwards.''

I seem to recall you asking to be pointed to a location in which to find it but now I cannot find that in your posts anywhere. Is this just my inaccurate memory? You may want to get an episode or two in English or in you're moth tongue. Having to stare at subtitles during the entire anime can really kill any visual subtleties and just generally reduce getting immersed. Also, sometimes the English voices are better in my opinion especially in animes with a cast who are SUPPOSED to speak english. However, I have heard that if it's not in Japanese or English it almost always sucks due to lack of support for those languages.

''Play. Wink Well if the same is true in 500 years maybe I will withdraw my statement but the example you used just makes me not want to watch that type of show. Angels vs Humans in a supercoolmegashowdownbattleoftheuniverse just doesn't interest me but of course that's just a personal thing.''

Well, that's just one futuristic action style example I gave. There are many animes that have deep characters, plots and themes that are much more down to earth if what I mentioned before wasn't your cup of tea. In fact, I would say that the strongest point of (quality) anime for me has been it's depth. Whether this is due to the talent of the creators or due to an advantage that anime has in creating this effect is debatable but regardless the potential for depth cannot in my experience be reasonably argued against due to various deep animes I have seen.

So, while you may find anime generally weak in emotive expression or perhaps that you simply cannot properly relate to it and have feelings inspired by it is one thing, but there definitely many examples of very creative, deep, interesting animes out there in terms of plot, characters and theme.

''I think expressing love by small hearts is very cheap method of expressing emotion. There's no subtlety there. Of course art can be very expressive but surely the enigma is the lure of the Mona Lisa?''

''Even so using such obvious methods is far too subtle surely? A good actor can show love in far greater ways than blushing.''

To subtle or to obvious? I think that what you're saying is that the methods of expression in anime aren't extensive enough. Well, this depends to a great degree on the quality and detail in the artwork. The modes of expression mentioned here are abundant in animes that are somewhat simplistic and wish to convey things in a simplistic way or perhaps one that seeks to have characters that are of the kind that wear their hearts on their sleeves. This effect can be used in multiple ways to convey exagerated and comical personalities but one important advantage of it is that sometimes its NOT good to leave the viewer guessing at the characters emotions as in with combination of a complicated plot along with complicated and unusual character designs this can create little to no understanding of a character.

So, while some may find anime to effectively be a bit over acted I personally often find live action to be under acted with me not really being able to get what a character is like or what he really cares about. Well, I guess thats not really not so much a problem/true though (Effective emotive expression is possible in both and I don't really have trouble picking up on either. The previous statement was really just to make a point that different people are familiar with expression being obvious to a different degree. Eg: A New Yorker would not find it unrealistic and unbelievable in anime or live action for some guy to start screaming obscenities at someone for pissing him off. Sometime truth is stranger than fiction and you need to cast away you're experience of how everybody behaves as this can vary greatly, if rarely as admittedly 99% of people have conformed to the usual social norms). The idea here is that I suspect that only these exaggerated forms are coming to you're mind because of the abundance of comedic and simply not serious anime.

On the other hand, we have manga and anime art styles that very detailed. Theoretically, art should be able to emulate live action/real life once the detail  becomes sufficiently high, it is also just light sources and/or pigments at the base level. After all, those who are a little learnt in manga/anime art will know that there exists a type/category of art labelled ''realism'' art. Clearly, this art style SHOULD be able imitate all the subtle visual cues of live action.

So, in summary, art has different forms for different intended effects. Think of live action and realism manga compared to the typical exaggerated larger than life effects of anime as the difference between a complicated classical song with a subtle sombre aspect to is compared to the all out feel good/angry of church/rock music. Although, take note that a simple exaggerated art style does not necessitate a simple exaggerated character or plot.

However, after all this it is important to note that while manga can be as realistic and detailed as it pleases it can also emphasize features via what is commonly called a caricature. For example, their's nothing like getting that feeling of cute/charming/sympathy (for the wet eyes of the tragic) like the large eyes typically found in anime. However, this does not exclude (unless by a matter of physicality with the eyes taking up to much space:D) the possibility of detailed lips (for example), eyebrows and even eyes (with the detail magnified there somewhat) to include the necessary subtleties. This face can then ''morph'' as required to change the mood from a serious warrior to that of a goofy idiot to emphasize the duality. As a matter of fact, it is this ability to ''morph'' of an anime that can be summed up as what gives anime it's primary advantage. That is not to say that live action does not also have it's unique advantages. For example I would say that horror and gore (if you like that) does not have much potential in anime). Art work has much higher difficulty catching that instinctive shock value of live action. Basically, live action may be better for primitive instinctive emotions and feelings life fear because it is easier relate to. I would not advertise a burger meal in anime as that sensual juicyness of it simply doesn't get across as easily as in live action. However, the freedom permitted by manga that also cannot easily be gained in live action (without SFX that would effectively make it technically animated) might be better for other requirments.

The most important thing to mention here though is animes are definitely able to portraying an emotional piece sufficient to leave you in tears if you are that kind of guy:D. It may have some slight difficulty on the artists part in portaying subtleties of real life but of course this is the challenge of all artists (ie: Trying to get more detail). I generally find that in some cheap harem anime that the characters will be uninteresting, obvious, over-acted and using silly things like the ''hearts floating'' above one's head example. However, in serious non-comedies such as speed grapher, welcome to the NHK, Assate no Hokou e.t.c I think that you will be convinced that serious realistic ''emotive action'' is definitely possible while the freedom of the art form allows those animes a significant advantage. Meanwhile, you should not discredit those animes that DO use simplistic over-acted emotive expression for whatever purpose they have in mind.

''I think expressing love by small hearts is very cheap method of expressing emotion''

So, in effect I can actually AGREE with that. That method should only be used for a quick fix lazy way to express something when it is already obvious or unimportant. That kind of technique is to be relegated to unimportant ''flat'' characters and not to main or even side cast. Unfortunately, you will find some cheap trash like pokemon and whatnot that will be like this.

Overall and MOST IMPORTANTLY, we must remember of course that one of main reasons for art existing at all is the expression of what we cannot express in real life (and therefore often what we cannot express in live action). This can be through poetry, music, drawn, e.t.c. and a good anime combines all these features varying the drawn part as required. So while the drawn would be goofy and unexpressive by itself it becomes something else as a part of the whole (or rather it contributes more than in the sum of parts fashion). Anime can vary this visual part more than live action as it is restrained only be imagination and knowledge of emotion. So combined with the fact that anime is (after all) artwork in the end and considering one of the primary purposes of art anime should theoretically be able to display emotion that cannot be conveyed other wise. Ie: If works of art like the MONA LISA can do it then anime is similary painted pigment on paper and should therefore be able to do the same. Remember that what I, at least, consider to be anime is a VERY expansive term. Many things I have found under the category of anime have seemed like modern art and could oft times even be labelled as bizzare. For me the defining feature of anime that seperates it from any hand art is that is has turned into a film with audio, plot text, ie: it has been ANIMated. Effectively it is art applied to movies and TV series.

The last thing I have to mention on this is that you must remember that sometimes these animes deal with people who are children or teens and/or madly in love or just mad in general (:D) along with being uninhibited and ''brave''/confident. You must remember that these people would not be subtle in real life either. Remember that not all people conform to the typical social norm. Forgetting this often leaves some thinking that all people express themselves only through subtle questionable visible cues. Some people don't mind being obvious and dramatic as they do not doubt themselves and could care less if others think they're nuts (thats not to say that all inhibited people AREN'T like this or are conformists. What people are NORMALLY inhibited about and to what degree differs greatly on the social norms of the country they are in)Sometimes this can be an important feature of the anime. Eg: Having a completely uninhibited and therefore REALISTICALLY obvious character may serve the theme or philosophy of the anime of throwing away you're ambitions. In this case the character is neccesarily like this.

So when you see a character in an anime with absurdly extreme emotions you must remember that people like this exist and sometimes this is kind of their point.

Heh, I continue my ''novel'' with its most ambitious expansion yet. ;D

''Started streaming this one so I'll tell you what I think.''

''Noted. I'm all for surreal though so maybe they are worth a go.''

''Yeah I'm aware of those and wasn't particularly refering to them as they do just seem inferior kids tv. At least that is how they are billed over here.''

First off, I will say that I am impressed that you are willing to PROPERLY try out something new. That is rare and it is even rarer for somebody to actually listen to somebody else and try out something new as opposed to only trying out what they consider while considering other's suggestions to be worth nought and dismissed out of hand. Keep in mind though that of course some anime is BAD and that different animes are in different spirit. If you are watching a comedy anime then expect the unrealistic and non-subtle personality.

Well I'm more than willing to try new things. Especially if it might prove me wrong about things. I might try that comedy you mentioned but I don't too much free time at the moment so it might not be for while.

''You'll have to tell me if this is true for speed grapher as I can only find episode 5 onwards.''

I seem to recall you asking to be pointed to a location in which to find it but now I cannot find that in your posts anywhere. Is this just my inaccurate memory? You may want to get an episode or two in English or in you're moth tongue. Having to stare at subtitles during the entire anime can really kill any visual subtleties and just generally reduce getting immersed. Also, sometimes the English voices are better in my opinion especially in animes with a cast who are SUPPOSED to speak english. However, I have heard that if it's not in Japanese or English it almost always sucks due to lack of support for those languages.

I've found it online (subtitled but then I prefer the subtitles). I was just wondering if it would be ok to start on the 5th episode (the only one I can find) as you said it can be hard to get into anime if you miss the start.

''I think expressing love by small hearts is very cheap method of expressing emotion. There's no subtlety there. Of course art can be very expressive but surely the enigma is the lure of the Mona Lisa?''

''Even so using such obvious methods is far too subtle surely? A good actor can show love in far greater ways than blushing.''

To subtle or to obvious?

Typo, too obvious.

Note: I'm putting of replying to most of your post till I've watched some more episodes of Speed Grapher, and until I can find some of your other recommendations.