DragonBall GT - Worst Anime ever?

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

''Well I'm more than willing to try new things. Especially if it might prove me wrong about things. I might try that comedy you mentioned but I don't too much free time at the moment so it might not be for while.''

That's great. A more healthy and constructive approach and attitude than most. The time constraint is also understandable. It's not like you HAVE TO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW >:( >:( lol. :D. Better, actually, to watch it when you do so properly and relax.

''I've found it online (subtitled but then I prefer the subtitles). I was just wondering if it would be ok to start on the 5th episode (the only one I can find) as you said it can be hard to get into anime if you miss the start.''

Hmmm. It would probably be much better to start on the first. In this particular series quite a bit happens very early often. Not to say all anime is like this but in this particular case I suspect that there are simply certain pieces of information that you would have to have for the anime to make sense. It's not overly complicated or anything but the info is simply vital. Otherwise the series will just seem like a bunch of random battles for a while. Well, I guess if you just want to get a feel for the art, mood and action.

''Note: I'm putting of replying to most of your post till I've watched some more episodes of Speed Grapher, and until I can find some of your other recommendations.''

That's most reasonable of you. Sorting GOOD anime from popular can be hard but there are a few (myself, if I do say myself :P) who know the difference and can point you to deep interesting anime or hilarious ridiculous anime. So, IE: if you need to know what would be the best thing to watch just ask me. I suspect I will even be able to cater to you're current mood and interests.

Anime artists do that because they usually can't accurately depict certain emotions.

Not that I'm against anime.  I'm a huge fan of Gintama, and am trying to get into the Devil May Cry series.

Gintama is hilarious! I love that show. Are you watching the subbed versions or waiting for English dub? I love Kagara's character and the lieutenant that is always trying to kill the captain. Some jokes I don't get, as the anime is very culture-specific, but a lot of it is still funny.

For any non-anime fan who wants to break into the anime scene, watch these mandatory animes:

-Cowboy Bebop series

-Any anime movie by Miyazaki: Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, et al

-Tekkonkinkreet (a personal favorite of mine, may not be for others)

-Grave of the Fireflies

-Samurai Champloo

-Hellsing

All fantastic animes.

Gintama is hilarious! I love that show. Are you watching the subbed versions or waiting for English dub? I love Kagara's character and the lieutenant that is always trying to kill the captain. Some jokes I don't get, as the anime is very culture-specific, but a lot of it is still funny.

Wow, I didn't think anybody else here would have seen this show.  I came across it randomly when my friend and I were looking for an anime to watch.  I like Sninpachi (the geeky proteg