Dune 3000- What it SHOULD be like.

Guest Louis Ellis

Guest Louis Ellis

I think Dune 3000 should be a first-person shooter.

Imagine.. You can conquer an enemy base by running round blasting stuff in the desert..you can lead entire armies into battle...in a glorified Half-Life style. The suit interface from HL would be great for the Still-Suit idea. Oh, and the story line should stick to the novel. I recently bought the video and it's great (I haven't seen it for years).

You could ride worms from a first-person interface..that would be COOL!! and also what ever happened to wierding modules...ok, so we have the sonic tank, but they should have had troops equiped with it.

"Shit Happens"

---------------

Louis Ellis (LouisEllis@Hotmail.com) No Death threats please!!

Hmmm... the Duniverse has huge potential for any type of game. I was just arguing with someone that thinks Dune 3k should be a RPG. I still think it should be a RTS, but these ideas (RPG, 3D shooter) aren't bad. Maybe the Dune series will start to follow more than one genre, like C&C (Renegade, you know...). But for now, let's be happy with what we've got. It's great that WW decided to make a new Dune game at all, I thought they'd sell the licence.

• 2 years later...

No, I'm saying after you pay all that overhead, it seems redicuolous to have to pay again, over and over, just to play it.

If P2P games HAD an offline portion, it wouldn't be so bad, but as it stands, you MUST pay to play them in any capacity.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well yes, but as we all know Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is largely inspired from the Thief series.

And Thief - The Dark Project and Thief II - The Metal Age came out long before FHD.

FHD had POTENTIAL! It's just SO sad that they lost their chances and screwed it up.

- Matthew

• 1 month later...