13 more days

exatreide

13 more days and I'm off to basic training at ft. sill oklahoma. So needless to say, i won't be able to post.

After my 9 weeks of basic training, i will then attend 18 weeks of medic training in san antonio texas.

I wish the best to you guys, and look foward to posting again sometime in febuary

Without wanting to go too far offtopic..

There are so many good parts to that vid. I laugh out loud, not lol, but really laugh out loud when I watch that vid. "Not even have the decency to give him a reach around" ?!!? Pure quality  8)...

Sorry guys, no more offtopic stuff.

Basic training is nothing like that clip nowadays. However, my old man told me thats how it really was back in the early 60's when he joined. He said they would smack your ass in the head with a helmet, or make you stand at attention outside at high noon until you passed out.

Now basic is gravy compared to those times. I think it's more of a fitness program than anything...well plus the gun/weapons training and whatever specialty you going to study for.

BTW EX. do you know what specialty your going to train for yet?

Hell, the army pays for all your schooling tuition's 100% that alone is a plus. And there are so many fields to choose from...Doctor,Computer Science, basically any major you can think of they offer and

pay for entirely. Or alot of guy just want to travel the world some. And of course serve your country.

If you can make it in the military you can be well off (minus the whole 1/3 people get stress disorders who participate in war). Paying for school is one thing. Had a ~30 year old who served in the military had them pay for his university degree (business admin). So now he can get a normal (good) job after the military.

Well my unit can't be deployed again to Iraq till 2009, as the 738th med out of Indiana has been deployed 3 times already since 03.

After I finish my training, I plan on going to school for either Nursing or to be a full paramedic. Medic training gives me certification as a EMT-B but not a full paramedic in the civilian world.

So chances are I won't head over to Iraqistan.

Unless another unit requires medics, which is a good possibility.