STUPID ANNOYING SOUNDS...

wr3ck

the sound is really annoying... BUT

- if YOU have built gunships then: a) they will be destroyed by the opponent's AA soon or b) will crush the enemy and end the game soo

- if your ENEMY has build gunships then: a) you will have to destroy them quickly or b) will be crushed by the enemy and be defeated

so either way the sound won't be annoying for a long time  ;D

Yeah, a very obviously noticeable sound, not one you can miss unless you are ŗetarded  ;).

(By the way, I had to put a funny "r" in there cos the forum software wanted to replace ŗetared with "intellegent forum membered" !)

If you copy the file enclosed into your emperor directory as follows:

you need to create a directory 3ddata in the data directory:

c:/westwood/emperor/data/3ddata

then create a directory called units in the 3ddata directory:

c:/westwood/emperor/data/3ddata/units

copy the file below (and unzip the xbf model) and you will have quiet hark gunships (your online enemy will still hear you as they though will still have the standard model...)

[attachment deleted by Gobalopper]

Well, geezus I think I stumbled upon a gold mine! Gold mine of retards that is.. Seriously, that is the most useless comments I have ever gotten. Turning the sound down will stop ALL the sound. Did you guys figure that one out??

My gawd.. My hampster seems more intelligent now... no offence guys. But I just like to speak my mind.

P.s. Thanks Jules! you're awesome

Hearing gunships was always a 'damn i'm fucked'-sound for me  ;D Playing ordos, only option to attack.. or die ...

only 'an allied structure has been taken by an enemy engineer' or something as a bigger 'im fucked'-factor

It is quite good that you can actually hear it. It makes things somewhat more realistic. And yes, it also serves as a constant warning that you're in danger.

Or if you're the one with the gunships, you'll know you are in control 8)