Summer Movie Thread

Mahdi

Poseidon is a good show if you're really up for thrillers. You'll tend to keep wondering if anybody's going to die at any point in the film. Pretty mindless though, the plot is quite simple, as is the case with most thrillers.

I disagree.  X3, liek most of the movies so fa this year, was simply meh.  First two are much better.

X3 is much darker and menacing than the 2 prior, while packing as much action (if not more).  These are qualities that I can appreciate in a film.  It also had a more mature feel to it.  I greatly suspect that I liked it more for the same reasons I like the Alien movies.  Read between the lines on that one because I won

Watched it in German in the cinema first of all, and it was amazing!

in german? wtf? you don't know how hard it is for me with some movies to find a cinema which has them running in the original english version. and you crazy person watch it in another language than the original language voluntarily?  :O

I

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Xmen3.

Great movie. Didn't like how it was daytime and then in another shot became night time when the final battle started.

spoilers

[hide]I think they killed off too many main characters... no more patrick stewart?!? unless he transferred to another body like said at beginning of movie, but still. So only remaining characters from first movie are storm, wolverine, rogue doesnt count if she lost powers, and iceman (but he wasn't a player in first movie).

So did the chess part move at end? I wasn't sure. Maybe the cure was only temporary, such as being near the boy[/hide]

holy fuc*!!!! I knew I knew Kitty Pryde looked familiar! Ellen Page is off of Trailer park boys second season! Good to see she made it big on the big screen. It was killing me that I knew who the person was.

Sprite3.jpg mmm

EDIT: Sad, now I'm on her fanwebsite, and logged in with a bugmenot account (sad that there is a bugmenot account))

Someone stop me please.

EDIT2: wtf Kelsey Grammer was in the movie? I missed that. EDIT: oh he was the beast, that could be why.

Last EDIT: After too much time looking, I finally found pics of "Treena Lahey" ;)

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=treena50po.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=treena100er.jpg

hilarious

@Acriku-

I guess it pays to see ending credits.

I figured that is exactly what happened, why else would they have shown it.

possible spoiler

[hide]but still, it wont be patrick stewart playing the part? I know they havn't announced the 4th movie yet.[/hide]

[hide] you know... this quoted hidden text looks really ridicolous  ;D [/hide]

warning: no spoiler below or above:

[hide]Ha!, now everyone thinks you are talking about xmen movie spoilers when you are not! Thus no one will read it :P[/hide]

Heh, at least it's not like the quoting pyramids we used to have. :D

EDIT:

Just saw Shallow Grave.

Good movie.