Loose Change

exatreide

• 1 month later...

The coverup stinks the same stench found in the JFK assassination, etc. But does that tell us this is just frequent paranoia due to unreasonable acts of the government (hiding the evidence, not releasing information/videos) or is this a pattern of righteous curiousity?

Well the Bush government is doing a bang up job with informing the public about things such as chemical weapons used in Iraq (they denied it, then eventually confessed). Now it turns out that Bush leaked info, but of course it wasn't leaked because he's the prez and can do whatever. Maybe if he had told everyone at first that he made the info public and declassified, there wouldn't be the whole inquiry as to how the reporter got classified intel, that turns out to be not classified because the prez released it. Democracy at its best.

That loose change is kinda hokey i think.. you can go to CNN website and download the PDF file of Fllight 93 and see the transscript... its looks genuine to me... you can read where the passengers are fighting with the terrorists and can even read where one terrorist tells the other to move the throttle and yoke up and down to rattle the plane to make the rebellious passengers lose their balance and be unable to fight effectively.

I would say the loose change thing is just paranoia... sure you could claim that the towers looked like they were being demolished... but none of us are experts on building structure and steel design and we dont know all the facts.

One thing tho that surprised me... is that if you again look on CNN you will find that the US is drawing up contigency plans for actually nuking Iran's military bases due to the fact that the bunkers which contain the enrichment facilities are so hardened that conventional bunker busters cant penetrate.  Therefore tactical nuclear warheads will have to be placed inside the bunker busters missiles instead.

That made me say "Holy Shite"... and get this..  the contigency plan is rumored to have a clause that Iran doesnt have to attack us first... that if we merely suffer another 9-11 attack we will automatically attack Iran... even bypassing Congress approval for War (which we got for Iraq war) ....by using claims of "Self Defense" thereby allowing the administration to declare instant war and attack... bypassing congress and the american public.  .

Man... talk about your World War III.  North Korea also is marked for nuking.  An ex-CIA operative reportedly said there are 450 strategic sites to be bombarded in Iran.

What scares me is if the government is shady.. then they could simply set off a suitcase nuke in one of our states, blame it on Iran, Declare Self-Defense, and use tactical nukes on Iran ASAP.  Fellas, if the government is indeed crooked then the end of the world is soon to be at hand.

Guns

What scares me is if the government is shady.. then they could simply set off a suitcase nuke in one of our states, blame it on Iran, Declare Self-Defense, and use tactical nukes on Iran ASAP.  Fellas, if the government is indeed crooked then the end of the world is soon to be at hand.

If? ;)

Thing is, countries like Iran and Libya learnt from the bombing of Iraq's nuclear sites (I think it was in the early 90s). It looks like if they were/are developing weapons, it's distributed across the respective countries. In order to destroy them with nuclear arms, the direct collateral damage would be nothing short of genocide. Never mind the lives that would be lost due to the vast social upheval and economic chaos that an invasion would bring.

I think it's more likely that the US will push for sanctions: another land war would stretch the US military (though the occasional bit of strategic (sitting duck) bombing mightn't go amiss). Civilian nuclear power is a major beacon of progress, and I suspect Iran won't get that far. The military threats are there so as it will look like sanctions are a compromise, when in fact it will more likely amount to reducing the country to about the level of Ethiopia. Ahmedinejad will probably fall, but he seems to be a useful demagogue: the rulers proper will naturally survive sanctions and their grip will tighten. Tehran will then be forced to accept certain economic conditions, in return for lowering sanctions. The first thing that Tehran will be buying will be arms to keep the population under control: the US and Britain may even sell these during sanctions. If military installations have been bombed by this point, they will also have to be replaced.

Net result: arms manufacturers and dealers get richer, the politicans get paid, Bush leaves office as George the Merciful, starvation, repression, and atrocities in Iran, and Tehran returns to the fold as the prodigal client-state.

I have been wanting to see this film since I heard about it about 3 or so weeks ago. I haven't got a good internet connection, so I can't very well use google to watch it. I think one of my brother's friends will burn it, so until then..

But really it wouldn't surprise me in the very least if the American government was behind it, having a shady past and all. Seriously, to just live in a different time period.. like +1000 years ago would be great. Our world has really gone to shit.

I have been wanting to see this film since I heard about it about 3 or so weeks ago. I haven't got a good internet connection, so I can't very well use google to watch it. I think one of my brother's friends will burn it, so until then..

But really it wouldn't surprise me in the very least if the American government was behind it, having a shady past and all. Seriously, to just live in a different time period.. like +1000 years ago would be great. Our world has really gone to shit.

ok dont get carried away guy.... things may not be perfect but you sure as hell wouldnt want to live 1000 years ago.  People were dying of diseases that are curable today and the average lifespan was 40 yrs.  All but the noblemen had bland diets and if you werent a nobleman your ass was stuck on a plantation working for one.  Worker's rights, women's rights, and civil rights didnt exist either.  Its ok to criticize the government now and then,  but to say that today's society is the "worst" there ever was is just ignorant.  We definately are the best it has ever been.

Guns

Don't you ever get the urge to lord it over a few hundred serfs? I know I do. Still, we may be able to easily cure many diseases and have all but eradicated at least one; but people are still dying of cholera. And influenza. Even plague, in some places. And of course one thousand years ago, Marbug and AIDS were not a problem. Though Ebola might have been, depending on whether you believe some of the new theories or not...

Also, a thousand years ago there weren't any plantations per se. Not in this bit of Europe at any rate. Unless you use the term synonymously with 'farm.'

And finally, though I'm leery of the term 'best it has ever been,' it is true that is many respects, current society is better than what has come before. Of course this doesn't necessarily imply that it is *good.*

If you're living in Canada, you likely have access to a very high standard of life, and will almost undoubtably live better that you would do if you were born a thousand years ago. Indeed, that's likely true of anyone posting on this forum - by definition. However, there are five billion with no internet access whatsoever, whose perspectives we are wont to forget. For a great many people in this world, the choice isn't so obvious. Today, 300,000 people will die because of poor water supply. Not because they're lazy, stupid, or somehow unworthy of basic himan sanitation, but because we live in a society which makes some people immensely lucky, and others cruelly desperate, and because the lucky, by and large, do nothing to help. After all, it's no good saying to a serf "but the king has a far better life than he would have a hundred years ago".

The question is not "when have things been better", that only leads to smugness or comiseration (depending on whose perspective we're talking about), it's "what are today's problems", and "how can we make things better".

Nema's right, and if you've got a library nearby, read Timeline, by Michael Crighton. Besides being an un-put-downable, it also describes life in the Middle Ages, and I for one am extremely happy to be living in the present. Though if I did have to go back, I'd remain here. A 1000 years ago we had a pretty amazing bunch of kings, and life was good for most of the populace.

• 4 weeks later...

Nema's right, and if you've got a library nearby, read Timeline, by Michael Crighton. Besides being an un-put-downable, it also describes life in the Middle Ages, and I for one am extremely happy to be living in the present. Though if I did have to go back, I'd remain here. A 1000 years ago we had a pretty amazing bunch of kings, and life was good for most of the populace.

no offense man but is not your king acber used to have 80 to wives :D:D:D