Duniverse Wiki?

Gobalopper

Sounds like a very good idea. I haven't seen anything like it.

Besides, Dune deserves it. :)

A strict policy is needed though, something to prevent conflicts between the Dune Encyclopedia and the novels by BH and KJA for example.

Agreed. A method to treat both the prequels and other sources of infomation equally and without bias or editorial. Otherwise people are just going to get upset.

;D

Well, I think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure if many people know that code for Wikipedia(For example, # for a new line, etc.) I know I sure as hell don't, so we'd have to first teach people how to make the wiki pages, or else they're going to mess everything up.

I think the best thing is to separate into:

- Frank Herbert Dune, regarding all the canon questions concerning the only originals 6 books

- Fanfiction novel, regarding all the rest, DuneEncyclopedia, BH & KJ etc..

It's impossible to accomunate, for many reasons discussed on this forum, the two things.

BH AND KJA DO NOT WRITE "FANFIC" THEY ARE ESTABLISHED AUTHORS! I don't care if you despise what they write, it is NOT "fanfic" because they are NOT amateur authors who are fans of a particular story who write their own renegade stories! They are professional authors and thus NOT FANFIC WRITERS! Jesus...

And they are STILL not FanFic writers! Christ sake you are the most biased person on this freakin community. It doesn't matter how good or how terible they write, they are established, professional authors thus their Dune novles are not FanFic! whether you like their works or not is IRRELEVANT in regards to this.

It's not the original author. The prequels should definitely be seperated from the original books, just like the Dune Encyclopedia and everything else.

It's not fanfiction, but Frank Herbert is not writing the new books (except for the notes he left behind).

The only part where it could get tricky is Dune 7+8. But we don't really have to worry about that until they are released.

Yes, BH & KJ are not fanfiction, 'cause fanfiction includes the word FAN that means RESPECT.

They are not even fan, so they are not even fanfiction, they are s**tfiction without the latter :D

The only part where it could get tricky is Dune 7+8

That's not important. The only important thing is that the 6 books are on their own.

All the rest doesn't matter.

Oh, yes. I mean with that, that the important is that the 6 books are separated from the rest.

As i've said before, for me all the rest can be included. Personally i would like to make a separate section for the Encyclopedia. And another section named "Other books" :D

Well, everything related to Dune I would think would be added into the wiki, even a games section  would work. Could easily contain similiar information as on main fed2k pages, except it could be updated more often. :)

I wouldn't think the wiki would only include information about the books. It would contain information relating to everything Dune.