Does someones know if I can allie with ennemies ?

viaujeff

Select a unit and press the "a" ( like Nema mentioned ). Your units don't shoot at the units of the player you just allied with anymore from that moment on. Hope that persone does the some allie trick. Your units won't atteck eatchother. By pressing "control" you can still fire on them. You also get his radar image from the moment you've allied with him, and he get's yours. The terrain you have explored before you've allied isn't vissable. ( just a small part around his base I thought, could be wrong though. )

No. I mean I want to allies with ennemies in mission for example or multiplayers game but not with an human. I already know how to allies with an human. It could be fun to allies with ennemies :). I want also to modifies maps in mission. If you want, please write me back.

You want to eddit the scenario so your enemy has more units and stuctures ?

Don't know how to do it myself but it's not impossible, I think if you can edit the file in your Ui_data directory it should do the trick. Now how to edit that I can't tell you, havn't looked at it myself. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think you cannot ally within the single player game, only the multiplayer game section gives you this possibility. But if U still want to ally with your enemies during (only) skirmish games, play with Red Alert!!! ;)

yes, only in red alert is possible ally to AI computer, in dune2000 is not possible, in tyberian sun is pissible, only with specjal mod.

• 3 months later...

i tried this trick editing files in ui_data and i destroy my dune2000!!! , and i found other thing about making allies on dune2000 , if you can edit dune2000 , best is tibed 1.64 but good is editing the units(quad, must be deployable how MCV) , deviator must be available for all, and must be able to build on level 4,(on this level, all houses, can build heavy factory, the deviator must be build if the availability must be in level 4, a no level 6,) on ordos mission 8, or 9 , deviate the selected unit(quad) and go with quad to your base,and makes the triangle from wall. inside triangle must be quad, if you control on mercenary unit(quad) DESTROY OLD MERCENARY BASE, and release quad, mercenaries rebuild own base in your, but only to builkd to refinery and heavy factory, i have funny screen, when mercenaries build other buldinghs! (high tech factory, silos, repair pad, rocket turret, and other ... my tactice is verey good, and half poland check this trick, and is best. only ordos and mercenaries + smugglers have quads, haronnens and atreides dont hve...

the is possible to be ALLY WITH ATREIDES OR SMUGGLER?

the i cant be ally to atreides or smugglers? if no, i find another thing. if yes, please give me instructions to edit/hack or other trick in dune2000. the mercenaries is lazy, and if my base is under attack, dont helping me, (grrrrrr.)

Stealth Yard Central Zelagadon Emergency Koopter

Syczek

syczek

You can only "ally" in the Multiplayer game, and only to humans not AI. This is accomplished by selecting(left clicking) a unit or building of the team that that you want to ally and then press the letter "a". This means your units will not shoot at him, unless you force fire and he gets all your radar data-hopefully he will return the favor. Otherwise he can shoot at you and your units will not return fire. Note to newbies: if you are playing a game that you're going to have a partner and he allies you, you will now see his base on radar-it is easiest to select a building and ally.

In single player games if you are Ordos there are missions that the mercenaries are already your allies. You cannot control them, but if you protect them they will constantly send attacks against enemies. I'm only sure of one other mission in single player, and that is Harkonnen mission 8, in this mission you are against Ordos, Atreides and Mercenaries. When you(Harkonnen) attack the mercenary base, take over heavy factory with engineer-LEAVE STARPORT ALONE. The mercenaries will start shipping units and attacking Ordos for you if you protect them.

ghost

aff...........

ok. the mercenaries withdraw our support if lost too many units? in game , i ignore the mercenaries, and build base to end. and one message receivied "we re lost too many mans!" and i check base mercenaries, and is OK, second message is same but with "we must be withdraw our support" an d mercenaries has been neutral. recovery ally with mercenaries is impossible?(without reloading game) i use mercenaries to capturing mercs buldings, i build only raiders, with Fast-shoting.and if have not eoungh cash, i send engineer to mercs base, and capture good bulding, p.e refinery or heavy factory, starport...... no coment. but mercenaries not help me in war with emperor or atreides, my base is always attacked, mercenary base is dont-touched. warum?

I'm not sure if you can get support from the mercenaries back, as long as you protect their buildings they will continue to send units to their deaths; when they start to lose buildings that is when they withdraw their support. I usually just wall off their area so that they enter and exit through my base and place turrets where I can't block it off completely. That plus a group of missle tanks in the middle to defend against air strikes keeps them on my side for the entire mission.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...