What FPS should I get first?

Procyon

Depends on his computer, really. And what he is looking for.

But here is a little rundown:

Call of Duty 2: Best World War 2 shooter. The singleplayer and multiplayer are terrific.

Counterstrike Source: Very good multiplayer game. (Terrorists, Anti Terrorists)

Halflife 2: Terrific singleplayer, decent multiplayer.

Battlefield 2: 'Effin lousy singleplayer, awesome multiplayer with stat-tracking and ranks.

Stalker: NOT OUT YET

I'll lump FEAR/Doom 3/Quake 4 into a 'scary game' category and you can do whatever you wish with them. I'll say FEAR and Doom 3 have a good singleplayer, and quake 4 is terrific with multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...

u wanna the most great game with a story off all times??

there was a little bit old game 2001  called (the thing) based on the famouse novel and movie

the thing (i know am not monster)  if u know what am talking about.. i sewar to u man i never

had sutch horor in my life playing that game alone in a dark cold room.. its all about fightting some  100 000  yo  alien that crached his plane  under the ice of the north pole and in some haw

this  alien is a virus by it self and can genatecly blob it self to the cheap of the human in front of him  so while u try to save ure outpost  and rescue wounded u dont know who of ure team is infected and might turn on ure back in a blinck...and the only garantee u have to trust ure

team is a simple answer ( i know am not a monster) :'(

DeatHand, reading your posts hurts me more than watching bondage.

Back to scary games, playing the Ravenholm at night and encountering the ape-zombies for the first time startled me a little. I don't really remember being scared by a game, although the Aliens versus Predator games made me stand on my toes. My mate played the game once and he was literally screaming when fighting with aliens. It was funny.

Did you ever play Doom 3, Sampsa?

Not really, I haven't had enough interest. I also doubt the scariness of pitch-black rooms and skulls with jetpacks.  ::)

(DeatHand: I meant bondage as in BDSM - so no, it is not legal for me because I'm not of age.)

fear minimum requirments :

1.7 ghz pentuim

512 mb ram

64 mb geforce .

i personly recomend you to upgread your pc and get bf2...i think  its one of (if not is)  the best games out there.its rated 9.3 on game spy superb...fear look good olso and its new which is  good..

as for the thing its the choice you wont regret, u will find it out there for coupple of dollars.

and it will give you that ruch allright as u try and try to break out of the icy sinentific alien infected labs and find ure way in the ice . game play for the thing is exlent, the use of weapons is extremly fun and good and bugs free...  i read that some parts of the thing game was made in the south pole it self like capturring the sounds of the storms and to study the effect of cold on the budy

if u can olso get the thing movie with the game u will get better view of this great and famous novel

which i like very mutch as mutch i liked the novel+movie+games of dune.. cheers good luck

fear minimum requirments :

1.7 ghz pentuim

512 mb ram

64 mb geforce .

Hmm, I would go with the recommended specs for that cause a a 64meg. card just does not seem too playable for such a new game. Especially when the recommended specs call for....

Recommended Specifications:

its not lojical nu vollary... the profe is i downloaded the demo and having max preformence settings but the surprise is : the game is slow and game playe is slower on my 5200fx/512mbram/p4 3ghz...  so haw come it will be playble on 64mb vga... it will be a total lag..

_ the game is extremly scary (lots more than the thing)and it is better  than it.

the only bad part is this:

(its 3 am here)(i am alone in the house)

i went in ,walked into the sewage ,after few steps i walked back to the car...ok i am a cowerd :P