Death to the Atreides!

Edric O

Go ahead! Destroy the spice, you fools! You'll be the first to die! ALL the fremen are addicted to spice! Of course, you do know that the ordos and harkonnen are NOT addicted. Maybe a few troops, here and there. That's no loss. DIE, YOU STINKING IDIOTS!!!

Really, there is no point in this discussion. It did make this topic a "hot" one (the only one so far). But I don't think flaming each other is a way to get attention. So, peace?

Ah, peace--a fremen would never accept an offer of peace! Of course, i'm not a true fremen--I accept! This maybe the beginning of a beautiful relationship between the Fremen and the Ordos.

Long Live Edric O!

Well, I know you guys have declared peace, but I still want my say (just because I finally joined today and want to get some posts). Eric, you forgot something very important when you told fremen he could destroy the spice. You claimed that only a few of your people would die, becuase that is all that are addicted. You forgot about the guild, one leg of the three legged stool that holds the empire together. The guild needs the spice to fold space. Without it there navigators die. Without the guild there is no intersteller travel. Which means to interstellar trade. Which means no money. And to you ordos, that means no power. It also means that your troops are stuck on different planets all over the universe with no way of getting replacments, which leaves you open to rebellion. The universe will be lunged into chaos, it has become too dependant on interstellar trade. Each planet has something another needs, and needs something from another planet to survive. You will be unable to trade with your good friends the ixians, and you cannot get any mercenary's. You will be no match for the rebellion the people on your own planet will begin, and on Arrakis yu will have to face the armies of the Atreides and harks which greatly outnumber you. The Ordos will be destoryed. The Harkonnens will be destroyed by insurrections on there homeworld. The universe will enter a new dark age. And it will be your fault.

Mahdi-DLA

But you forget something very important, Mahdi: the only way to destroy the spice is to kill all the worms. That takes a while, enough for us to retreat from Dune. We can easily see it comming. We have HUGE stocks of spice. We'll get the entire ixian research system (scientists, technology, everything) to our homeworld. Then all hell can brake loose. The navigators will die, the empire will crumble, the universe will be thrown into chaos. You forgot to say that the atreides will also die. Many of them are addicted to spice. Besides, without the duke to lead them, the atreides on Dune will soon fall before the might of the harks. There will be NO harkonnen rebellion on Giedi Prime, of course. As for Arrakis... they'll kill the atreides first. As for our people, why should they rebel? They don't have any reason. If you read all the books, you know that the ixians eventually found a way of interstellar travel that doesn't need spice. That's exactly what they'll research on our homeworld. In a few thousand years,the Ordos will raise from the ruins of the empire and re-unite with their old harkonnen allies. We'll easily defeat the divied people stranded on their planets, including any rememnants of house atreides. A new order will fall upon the universe. OUR ORDER.

But that won't happen, because we've declared peace.

No one is sure how long it would take to kill the worms. It could take years or days.

But since peace has been declared, I'll shut up. I just wanted to get a few posts in.

You got problems with your eyes? I said WE'VE DELARED PEACE. Oh, I remember! You're not a fremen, you're a stinking atreides! Do you think your puny house can stand up to the combined armies of the OHA? Ha, ha, ha! We'll crush you! The guild is on our side. A fleet of space transports will arrive near Caladan. Hundreds of our warships will come raging out and burning your beloved planet! WE'LL CRUSH, BURN, DESTROY AND ANNIHILATE!!! So long, idiots!

But really, let's stop this flame.

The water of Death destroys all the spice exponentially, which kills all the worms. Like I said, it could take days or years, I don't know becuase it doesn't say how long it would take in the book, but i doubt it would take too long becaue the longer it takes, the more possible it is to stop it.

How long do you think it takes to just retreat from Arrakis? Less than it takes to destroy the spice. But that doesn't matter. The troops on Dune are expendable. And we've got more than enough spice reserves to get the ixian research system to our planet.

i personally like the harkonnen because they have devastators. the game would be a lot more fun if the teams were drastically different. Mainly in weaponry or at least design. that is one of the problems of having a one species war though, a species as it evolves modifies its technologies to suit its body shape and needs, so if they want to stick with the story, change weapons & strengths. However, they could make a spinoff where some mutant uprising or a new alien race comes into play (it is a big universe after all)

• 1 year later...

How can two decieving HOUSES unite they are both deviants and backstabbers. You know why Atreides rules cause they have loyalty and ultimate Fire power.

No matter ,even if the two unites OUR HOUSE, HOUSE ATREIDES will rip them apart. This house rocks your world. All of you anti atreides are fools to stand Against our HOUSE hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::)

• 2 weeks later...

First off Seth, why bring back the old thread?  Oh well I'm posting to, so I have sometihng to say in answer to your question about 2 decieving Houses uniting.  

Very simple answer, they work together against a common enemy while working to bring each other down behind the scenes, it should be familiar enough to the human race.  We've only been doing it since the days of Cain and Abel.