Dune Emperor Battle For Dune Expansion Pack Announced

Nuvollari

heroe idea sounds cool, BUT, once again, oughta be kept as close to riginal as possible, meaning, heroe would be like any other unit wich it will be based on ... cept maybe a lil stronger, just lil modification, by no means, should the heroe at level 3 become a one of those floating enegery waves that shoots lighting bolts from hes ass in Area of Effect like nuke damage .....

There has been an attempt at heroism before... Thought I'd post the link, though it seems a bit redundant as I think everyone knows that thread. It was a cool idea that never really took off. If anyone wished to restart it, I'm sure there would be no objection. Though some of the units will need to be modified for balance reasons. Or there's this little fossil from four years ago. I didn't read through it in much detail (and I certainly wasn't there at the time), but as far as I can see it relates to the Kwisatz Haderach mod. Which I like a lot myself, but my LAN buddies were very critical of.

i dont belive this post, its an assolt on epm game.and piracy, slap the patches u are talking about are official patches made by westood guys and do not effect units or game playe. are u comparing ure self with the peapol who created dune games??? u wanna peapol going nots about this and making all kinds of freacky chaps like anakonda guy or hero guys. u wanna see the fat  harkonan barron runing out on sand ?? thats histerical i dont belive u agree on this dawg. u must be realy board of emp.

wol can force a patch coz they have copy rights to do this, just keep ure hands off it, thanks

spicy, acctually i am kind of bored, since ive been playing it for ~6 years, the same thing, over and over again. Any little twist would be nice.

And spicy, if it could be forced, it would be only on 1 server. Like on RA's server people could play the "exp" while there is still XWIS and WOL - where original can be played.

Well the only mod that has actually been used for an improvement out of a bazillion mods is Apo's patch. It would be nice though to have quick matches working again, I thought those were alot of fun, and never really got boring due to the randomness of each game.

Spicy either you pretend not to understand, or you really don't understand what is suggested here. I for one wouldn't want anacondas or fat barons or anything...besides if anyone wants that they have every right to make freaky chaps and enjoy them in single player. You got some serious problems, the westwood guys are not gods. And their patches did affect units, I guess you weren't here to see how the drone was in the beginning.

Assault on emperor? Piracy? O boy, just how many games do you have? The vast majority of the games are modded, and there are some damn good and popular mods...do you need examples? Now I see you like the game as it is and wouldn't want an expansion. I guess there were people playing ra2 that didn't want yuri's revenge, people playing tiberian sun that didn't like firestorm. But this is the chance for the community to make its own 'expansion pack'. Not necessary, true, but certainly nice I think. The suggestions for the new stuff should be made by top players - do you not trust them that they won't ruin the game play with supermen?

Just to be clear, when I suggested heroes I said building them should be a very rare occasion.

Also if people don't want to bother switching from ra's back to xwis, a new server could be made for the mod.

xalony well done. every day i respect you more.

spaladin no comment for what you said because as i can see there is no comunication between our heads

note:1_ am talking about forcing the mod on ra s and expell the others (who dont want it) to xwis greave yard.

2_ westwood guys are gods (15 years experince in rts,creaters of the game genre)

3_ at single player anyone can drow his mum if he think she is his hero and make

here roll on sand, i dont care hombre

because mister over grown  head , all i was talking about is forcing the mod on ra. not any other topics , if u agree with me why u are  spamming the board???

i dont need to read you post as long as u  dont understand what am saying >:(

First of all, in reference to the last post on page one, spaldin, I didnt mention God like units, I used a grand voice, maybe Godlike, to question changing the game.

Right, if it was a forced patch, it would need to be applied and unapplied everytime you wanted to swap. And if you relied on the server to do that, it would redownload it every time, a possibly long drawn out procedure.

I think technically it is possible, as the Westwood boys did it, the Gods that they are ;).

Personally I think the game is fine but that we dont utilise all the differnt types of play. What was the last time you did a FoW game ? Crates ( not too long actually, same for 2000 credit game) ? And all the other options ? there is plenty there still to make it different without patches, we just dont use it.

Personally I am enjoying the challenges of playing against the best players at the moment and dont want anything changed, but hey, we are here to discuss, on this discussion board (!)  ::)

Speak up, and less talk of spamming.

The swap can be quite simple: ra's server is normal game, new one has mod. When you play on the new server, you get the mod (that is if you don't have it). Now when you want to go back to ra's server you 'll have to switch the ip to it again, and turn off the mod. A simple tool could be made to do both (turning off the mod is as simple as renaming the folders that contain the mod files). Then when you want to play at the mod server, you can use the same tool to both switch ip and turn on the mod (rename the folders' names to the proper ones) again.

Ie when you installed firestorm on tiberian sun, when you started the game you were given the choice between normal tiberian sun and firestorm. Hopefully it will be as simple as that.

As I said, changing the game is not necessary, but would be nice imo. Besides if it's done on a separate server, people who don't want change can go on as usual.

Crates, Fow etc aren't used indeed, but I think everyone has tried them sometime. That's how ppl decided not to use them, they don't like them. An 'expansion pack' (or a lesser mod for that matter) would be something totally new, and possibly something that players will like (very probable if it's their own suggestions).

see spaladine.... i have no conflict with what you said... all i mean is to leave

the main server alone..and dont force peapol to do what you want..

then if all the peapol went to the new moded server. then i wont complain about it.

see spaladine.... i have no conflict with what you said... all i mean is to leave

the main server alone..and dont force peapol to do what you want..

then if all the peapol went to the new moded server. then i wont complain about it.

he's been saying that in about every single post he's made....

I personally think the switch it up idea of spaladin would be cool.  at least it would be a way to kind of chill out and try something way different for a short time anyway.

I don't think to many people would complain if the changes were minor, 1 or 2 extra units a house, and then an extra sub house, also giving the two least used sub houses (tilixau and guild) and extra useful unit wouldnt go a miss.

About forcing, I think one server with one without is a fine idea. Or even the option of choosing which one to play (origional or mod)

Well what would be interesting would be to modify certain units so that they are used more, not to the state where un-used units are suddenly the most used unit but tweeks that make units more usuable in different situations. I mean I don't play much online (none yet will do after some practice) but maybe make the devastator a little faster at the expense of health, make the deviator a little more accurate or faster fire rate or even an alternate fire, I don't know what ,if any, is almost never used online but the ones that are could be made a little more useful so that there are different ways to go when amassing an army.

Personally I think the game is fine but that we dont utilise all the differnt types of play. What was the last time you did a FoW game ? Crates ( not too long actually, same for 2000 credit game) ? And all the other options ? there is plenty there still to make it different without patches, we just dont use it.

Personally I am enjoying the challenges of playing against the best players at the moment and dont want anything changed, but hey, we are here to discuss, on this discussion board (!)