Will God Emperor of Dune be made out into a movie?

TheRedDuke05

I don't know if a GEOD film is planned, but in my opinion, the GEOD plot is too much "personally intimistic" and includes too much complex philosophical/social concept to make out of it a decent and "understandable" film conversion.

Yes. They 're better off making Chapterhouse.

I totally agree. Chapterhouse is perfect for a "popular" action/science-finction, with little "cultural background" but in such a quantity to make it not superficial.

The Mater Honoratae are the perfect "bad guy" and Tleilaxu are the perfect "double face spy opportunist" that deserve what happens to them :)

The all Heretics could be very simplified concerning action in itself. It's almost entirely a pshycological war with countless hidden-background-phrases.

So hidden that my question about heretic posted here, has at the moment 0 replies :D

nah it probably wont happen. FOr one thing it is when the series completely and utterly changes. Second is that it would have to be pretty damn expensive. Also on top of that I think that Sci fi channel is pretty much done with the miniseries thing, which is probably for the best since I dont think they could ever pull GEOD off.  Honestly in my opinion it could be done. If somebody excelled in the making of it, it would probably be one of my favorite films of all time.

I agree with those who say it wouldn't work out.  GEoD is far too philosophical and cerebral, and lacks enough pure action to be successfully translated to film/miniseries format.  The thing about GEoD (as well as the rest of the Dune series, and for that matter, all of Frank's works) is that while there are action scenes, much of the real 'action' takes place within the thoughts and subtleties of the characters.

totally. It is a dialog driven book, which is what you were pretty much driving at Vanguard. It is as you said heavily driven on the inner monolog. You could see this as part of the failure of the original film Dune. using the inner monolog too excessively in film just doesnt work.

Naa, in the end i like Dune, i think it's the best thing they could done.

It's absolutely dream-place driven, so it's the best approximation to Frank Style.

Moreover the characters in the film are, i think, rendered in a very good realistic

way, including charas from the others book.

Infact we see a 3 grade navigator, and a Duncan Idaho ghola too! eheh :)

Geod could work, it is personaly my favorite (wich also makes me scared of what they would come up with)

The thing is that most sci-fi fans like action in the movie and as you have poited out there is only a little of that in Geod.

If you like a political dram in a sci-fi background then GEOd would be a fine choise.

also if they would decide to do heretics and chaptergouse they have to do GEod becaus otherwise it would'nt make sence...

Highly doubtful, because of two reasons:

1.) Firstly, lack of action scenes and all the cerebral talk, like you guys have pointed out.

2.) Worm Leto II in the movie? Technology could permit..... but then again..

I think Heretics is a lot more suitable. Even those scenes when Teg tried to awaken Duncan's memories would be very very exciting, with intense fighting and lots of dialogue in between. Miles' adventures after his capture, the destruction of Gammu..... the death of Burzmali... these make very good scenes of a movie.

But no doubt, all movies rape the original books. At least most of them. So I can't be too hopeful...

I think Heretics is a lot more suitable. Even those scenes when Teg tried to awaken Duncan's memories would be very very exciting, with intense fighting and lots of dialogue in between. Miles' adventures after his capture, the destruction of Gammu..... the death of Burzmali... these make very good scenes of a movie.

Yes, Heretics & Chapterhouse could be good candidate for a film, 'cause they are full of action, and interesting sci-fi concepts, like Teg new faculties and his attacks to Mater honorates, the Harkonnen no-globe quite fascinating, the travel to Sietch Tabr by Odrade and Sheena and so on...

I think an Heretics/Chapterhouse film would be (if done in the right way), very interesting and passionating.

But concerning GEOD, as i've already said... absolutely no, no way.

Heretics and Chapterhouse are too subtle. Too much is conveyed in non-dialogue, and too little is explained overtly. It would be completely misunderstood by most. Same could really be said of God Emperor.

Of course, if it were done properly and with the acceptance that few people would understand it, maybe...

at least for us lot it would be interesting at least, maybe it would incouraga other people to read the books as well cus they want to know what is is really about

and that my friends you can only get from the books,

the games where ok, the movie was ok the miniseries (personally) where above ok but the books still rank #1

Heretics and Chapterhouse are too subtle. Too much is conveyed in non-dialogue, and too little is explained overtly. It would be completely misunderstood by most. Same could really be said of God Emperor.

This is obvious, we are speaking about the lesser among the evils :D

If we would to speak about a "coerent" and say.. "perfect" film, this would be impossible for all the five books after the first (the first, it's unquestionable the most human-readable :D).

They are ALL too complicated, brainly, and absolutely subtle. No film will never be able to render such super-involved tought of the chars of Frank's books.

• 3 weeks later...