London...

exatreide

Now it appears that the London Police were covering up the fact that they had brutally murdered the innocent man even when he did not struggle and should have gotten hold of him even before he entered the train. The order was to take him alive but apparently they failed to do so and even killed him! Imagine if he was a real bomber and an order was given to take him alive but he simply walks into the train and sets off explosives strapped to himself before the police can even get close to him!

Thats what I have said for ages, lowee...Bomber or innocent, getting to the train itself requires an inquiry. What went wrong, how can someone being tracked be allowed on a bus (already a target for bombings) and then a train ? Sheesh.

So what if the guy didn't or did speak a lick of english, this was a world wide major event unraveling on every radio and t.v. across the world.  How do you not know that a bomb or more has been detonated near you? And then not know at all that police are searching  for suspects, that like it or not are racially profiled?  Jeez, I have the right to wear a deer-skin jacket and go wandering in the woods for a walk on opening day of deer season to if I so choose...but I would'nt recommend it.  It's not gonna kill a person to learn even some of the language of the country they live in, and it won't kill you to not wear backpacks or other items that are known attaire for suicide bombers in such a situation as this one.

That isn't the point. The point is that the man was only killed after he entered the train carriage and got seated! Before he did that, he left his home and even took a bus! What if he detonated a bomb on the bus or in the crowd just before entering the train carriage?

The police lied that he was wearing a thick padded jacket, but he was only wearing a "light denim jacket". They also said that he was like a criminal on the run, jumping the barriers and running away from the police. He did not run away from the police.

That isn't the point. The point is that the man was only killed after he entered the train carriage and got seated! Before he did that, he left his home and even took a bus! What if he detonated a bomb on the bus or in the crowd just before entering the train carriage?

The police lied that he was wearing a thick padded jacket, but he was only wearing a "light denim jacket". They also said that he was like a criminal on the run, jumping the barriers and running away from the police. He did not run away from the police.

Stop acting like you were there.

Seeing as how it is unfolding as we speak, I don't believe anything is solid fact yet.  And I certainly would'nt take some crummy tabloid rag as fact due to a photo.  By the way, about that photo, if the guy did have a backpack at the time that was supected of being an explosive and the guy was shot dead..do you think the backpack would stay on him for very long? Common sense would tell you that pack is #1 priority to seize, remove and check. Just amazing how all the blame for this event shifted from the ACTUAL cause of all this in the first place, to those who were trying to protect it's own citizens.

The info we are basing this on is from leaks from the enquiry into the incident, so yes it may not be 100% accurate (the leak) but the general gist of it is he didnt run, there was no hurdling of barriers like an Olympic hopeful. There was calm walking, just like thousands of other travellers that day.

Seeing as how it is unfolding as we speak, I don't believe anything is solid fact yet.  And I certainly would'nt take some crummy tabloid rag as fact due to a photo. 

Scar, there is no reason that the newspapers or their stories that they published the photo were crummy old rags. They were based on the leak, which is not "fact", agreed. The way the policy tried to obstruct the enquiry is not, as far as I am aware, disputed. When they failed to have a terrorism enquiry launched, they tried to do an internal enquiry. Someone correct me if thats wrong.

By the way, about that photo, if the guy did have a backpack at the time that was supected of being an explosive and the guy was shot dead..do you think the backpack would stay on him for very long? Common sense would tell you that pack is #1 priority to seize, remove and check.

Even the police didn

Yes boss!! :D Tell that to the news sources, not me! See Ergin's quoted reply to you above. I am just making an inference based on everything that has come out of it so far. By no means am I trying to act as if I saw with my own two eyeballs the police murdering him. The latest is that the Scotland Yard head is offering $1,000,000 as compensation to shut the guy's family up.

The latest is that the Scotland Yard head is offering $1,000,000 as compensation to shut the guy's family up.

Money well spent IMO. Yes its a tragedy but plz can we GET OVER IT.

Heh, on the news it looks like bad weather is more important - which IT IS. Believe me...

What is important about the event is that it could set a precedent. If there are no consequences, if nobody is convicted of wrongdoing, then it sends a message that Britain is a paranoid, violent nation that doesn't care when a foreign national is murdered by it's own police force. Not the kind of image I'd like to be associated with, and not a good way to discourage further examples of this behaviour.

Well whats the point of everyone wearing underground signs with the words Not Afraid on them on their T-shirts, and then shooting unarmed harmless people....

Sounds like we are scared and kiling anyone that moves...

We need to show that this was a bad mistake, but no more then that. If we go around killing innocents, then havent the bombers won ?

If you don't admit your mistakes, the terrorists have more reason to strike again. In a worst-case scenario, everybody else might side with the terrorist because of an apparently "faultless" security system and a draconian government. As simple as that. Even schoolkids know the meaning of admitting their mistakes - their mums taught them that. Has the police department placed pride over all else?