Look at this guy's gameroom!

Acriku

yea i heard bubble gum is outlawed in Singapore cause they dont want people to stick the used gum in the doors of the subway cars.  Also i heard they have cameras mounted on public toilets and they fine people if they dont flush... "Dateline" aired it as a special a few years back... they are pretty serious journalists too so i have to say it looked believable and they even showed footage of the toilet cams. Also dont they have public punishment where they cane people?

This would explain why lowzeewee is .......

"yea i heard bubble gum is outlawed in Singapore cause they dont want people to stick the used gum in the doors of the subway cars"

True.

"Also i heard they have cameras mounted on public toilets and they fine people if they dont flush... "Dateline" aired it as a special a few years back... they are pretty serious journalists too so i have to say it looked believable and they even showed footage of the toilet cams."

Wow, I have just learnt something new.

"Also dont they have public punishment where they cane people?"

Add that to us having the death sentence.

"This would explain why lowzeewee is ......."

Complete your sentence, I don't mind being insulted.

Alright, Gunnie, let's settle this via PM instead alright?

I re-explain. Singapore is authoritarian capitalist. Bubble gum is outlawed in Singapore, so it is in the UK. And there is justification behind it (read lowzeewee's post).

There are no cameras in public toilets. There are only cameras in lifts/elevators. I suppose you know why, I won't need to spell things out to you.

We have caning and the death sentence. Err... your point? So what if we have caning in Singapore? America isn't a country without punishment.

I re-explain. Singapore is authoritarian capitalist. Bubble gum is outlawed in Singapore, so it is in the UK. And there is justification behind it (read lowzeewee's post).

There are no cameras in public toilets. There are only cameras in lifts/elevators. I suppose you know why, I won't need to spell things out to you.

We have caning and the death sentence. Err... your point? So what if we have caning in Singapore? America isn't a country without punishment.

Sorry to help in hijacking this thread, but since when has bubble gum been outlawed in UK ? Just asking, becuase I am unaware it was...

it proves that there is something wrong with a country that feels it has to treat its citizens like children and ban a candy food item. I mean are singaporeans just not able to trust each other with a sticky chewy treat?

In a box of 100 apples, over 90 will be good ones and of course, the small handful of rotten ones. It is because of these rotten ones that the government decides to resort to these measures.

Well, taking action on an imperfection is an attempt to make it perfect... or at least closer to perfect, even though it never attains perfection.

starting with a sticky chewy treat seems like a bad set of priorities when attempting to approach perfection.  Oh no wait... bubblegum ranks right up there with world peace...

• 2 weeks later...