Serenity.

Super-ness

http://www.sffworld.com/mul/130p0.html

Q: If you knew you were going to spend the next 10 years on a desert island and could only take 5 books with you, which books would you take? (excluding "How to Survive on a Desert Island" and "Raft Building for Fun and Profit" ;-)

Joss Whedon: Assuming they're books I've already read:

1) A Little Princess

2) Dombey and Son

3) Dune

4) Hitchcock by Truffaut

5) Pride and Prejudice 

• 2 months later...

What's so special about Serenity? I saw it and it's pretty much a 'I'm a traumatised person who knows the secrets of the universe but I have a horrible past so I can only whisper and look pale and sick and an empire is chasing after me and I get taken in by a crew of outlaws' type of movie, at least in my view. So I repeat, what is so fucking great? :D

What's so special about Serenity? I saw it and it's pretty much a 'I'm a traumatised person who knows the secrets of the universe but I have a horrible past so I can only whisper and look pale and sick and an empire is chasing after me and I get taken in by a crew of outlaws' type of movie, at least in my view. So I repeat, what is so fucking great? :D

It's like sex. You go through such a long time of just fooling around (watching the series), that when you finally get to the penetration (the movie) you explode with excitement.

• 7 months later...

Its well worth it.

A few questions I been meaning to ask...

In the last episode of the series, the guy that keeps saying his catch phrase "does that seem right to you?" (most excellently done, the whole act) is that guy mad or what ? He says some seriously strange things...

Spoiler alert ! Spoiler Alert ! Spoiler alert ! Spoiler Alert ! Spoiler alert ! Spoiler Alert !

[hide]

I hid this but it isnt a spoiler, just didnt want to give any of the show away, maybe someone will work out hes a bounty hunter or what.

Anyway, whent he doctor asks him if he "is a bounty hunter", he says no, "I am a bounty hunter"...wtf ?!

Also, he asks him "Are you Alliance?" and he asks, "Am I a lion ?" where he follows it up with "I guess you could say, in a way...I have a roar" !!! WTF ?!

And why oh why didnt he, in the end, when he is floating away, ask "does this seem right to you" ?! AAAARRRGH ! That would have been so cooool !

[/hide]

Definitely a must-buy. It's funny that this thread popped back up, since I just watched "Done the Impossible" which documents what the fans did to get more of Firefly out.

Re-erjin, read this:

[hide]There is talk that the bounty hunter was worked on in the brain much the same as River, since she was trained to kill as well and they both have an odd sense of themselves, and of how they perceive things around them (notice how the bounty hunter licks the pole, an odd way of sensing that River was recently holding that poll).

Also, he said things like "Am I a lion?" and stuff probably because he couldn't hear right (they sound the same). Probably an injury from previous bounties. But yes, a great episode!

[/hide]

My definite favorite episode was "Out of Gas". So sad, well done, and uplifting throughout.

Thanks for the info... I agree with some of it. I think he did an excellent job in that episode. Amazing.

I dont think he was a part of the alliance as he wouldnt be a bounty hunter then.

"Out of gas" is the one involving the spare part ? Where its shot somewhat backwards ? I cant remember them by name, so its probably time to watch them again !

Whats this "Done the impossible" ?

Thanks for the info... I agree with some of it. I think he did an excellent job in that episode. Amazing.

I dont think he was a part of the alliance as he wouldnt be a bounty hunter then.

"Out of gas" is the one involving the spare part ? Where its shot somewhat backwards ? I cant remember them by name, so its probably time to watch them again !

Whats this "Done the impossible" ?

I'm not sure the Alliance is beyond bounty hunting, or at least having a couple on the payroll. After all, look at what they did with River.

You're right bout the spare part, it's such a greatly shot episode. Flashbacks are always good!

"Done the impossible" is a documentary, go here for details : http://www.donetheimpossible.com/