This RTS looks really great so far...

veK

jeff, there was demo out, did u try that b4 u bought ? if u didnt like demo ure not gonna like the game.

Just downloaded and played the demo last night.  Was pretty good so I guess I *will* be picking it up this weekend. :)

Acctually i find the 3 sides in AOW to be quite similar to Emperor / Dune , US Army being the Atreides (wich i enjoy playing the most :) little turtling lol and good turrets ) then theres Task Force Talon who are like Ordos and Consortium like Harkonnen!!!!

i must be missing what everyone else is liking.. cause i got a few probs with the demo..

1.) The graphics arent all that hot and my system is a hot gaming rig.

2.) The game is actually slower than generals.... i mean the humvees in the demo are slower than the humvees in generals.

3.) the zoom is horrible.. you only get enough camera view to see part of a small force. i mean you can barely see your own force let alone what you are fighting.

4.)

hey, nothing wrong with having opinions! :)

About Graphics, i honestly think they ARE hot, i dunno why u say they arnt but to me they seem ALOT better than emps.

About the game being slower than Generals ?!?!? Again i honestly belive its faster, not quite as fast as Emp but still lot faster than Generals. Why u compare 2 humvees ? they are

fast units in both games.

When looked at main battle tanks, they are faster than Generals.

Just like in emp (or any other RTS game), the units speed is dependant on the type of the unit.

In emp we have slow main battle tanks aswell, would u say Assault tank or Mino is fast ?

Yes, the Ordos have fast units in the arsenal, no doubt THEY ARE fast as hell.

Guns you are a Ordos player, no? The speed is unique to Ordos in Emperor, not every side / Faction in every RTS is Ordos like.

In AOW, the Task Force Talon is similar to Ordos, while theyre main battle tanks are as slow as the other Factions main tanks, theyre arsenal consists of speedy stuff. Comparing Lazer Tank to a S.H.I.E.L.D unit, similar, fast , small , rather weak, packs a heavy punch and can even switch the Weapon from Anti Tank missile launcher to a Minigun to do some AA and kill Infantry. Also Helicopters, shit fast, the fastest units u can control. And Buggys, similar to dust scouts, fast, small, light machinegun on the top BUT the gameplay is DIFFRENT. ( 10 Buggys dont even get close to killing a Tank )

U cant play this game quite the same way u play Emperor. Acctually to me, i can play it better.

I really love the US side, i wouldnt say id turtle all the way, but the game offers uniquness, especially i like the way u can use Infantry. In all the games ive seen, the infantry is by far put in a heavy role.

Ive included few pics from Emperor and AOW to compare Infatry.

About Zoom, i find it fine. Its not too close. I can clearly see whats going on on the battlefield. (NOTE! if u look at the pics, thats not the Zoom out max :) just to clear it up )

About Air Attacks, acctually Guns, in Generals u can manufacture Planes, the way AOW uses planes is unique to them. Yes u build air control tower and build planes, but u dont see them flying in on map or sitting in hager, they fly in outside the map for the task given. And again i think its great, it makes the Planes support units they are meant to be. Only thing id change is that currently the planes fly very high in the skys, u see on the map the Triangels but they only lower altitude when they get near the target, fire away, and back up high in the sky, wich is great and reality like, BUT i really want to have a Visual on them more, its a great feeling when uve built 10 big - badass planes and send em in, u wanna watch them fly in and think yea fucker u gonna get some now!

About Interface, look at the pics. I doubt its 80 % of the screen.

Sorry Guns if it seemed i hyped it up for you when we chatted, but to me, everything i said feels that way.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

played the game, same thing like generals mostly. Dissapointed!

The game is not new. Its actually almost the same as C&C: Generals. The fact you only have a few places to put your oilrig on is even more frustrating (though logical in that perspective).

About the gfx, i'd rather look forward to Age of Empires III... now THAT is "HOT" :)

played the game, same thing like generals mostly. Dissapointed!

Well since I haven't downloaded the demo yet, Im not sure of the gameplay, but after looking at the inf. close it resembles Generals with some bling added. I mean, you can dress a monkey in a suit, but it's still a monkey.

err that pic of emperor infantry is not a nice one at all man.... you posed the AOW units and stuff... how about pose the emp units?

Zoom into a sardukar with him facing you. Make him cheer.  Same with elite.  The atreides sniper is very cool and i dunno seems like you took a pic of the emp units in low resolution.

I really don't think it's arguable... The units in AOW are far more detailed, better textured and better animated.

It's newer technology.

However, you may argue if you wish... ::)

Well I won't argue about the game but look at the screenshots it looks kinda obvious that AOW has beter graphics than Emperor. Ofcourse Emperor is older so AOW SHOULD have better graphics. But saying that Emperor's infantry looks better kinda sounds like... a hopeless argument

honestly i dont think the AOW infantry are all that great... and when *fully* zoomed out they look no better than emp's infantry.

and the buzzsaw and laser tank graphics are top notch.

Dont get me wrong i know these other games are more advanced but emp units just have a certain cool factor i dunno what it is.