Rams and Ordos

Bijaz

Actually they do appear in the Dune books. In one of the books there is a young heir to the throne for Atreides. He actually goes to the Ordos home world to be learn their ways in science and business. I forget which book exactly, but it does definately give a portrayal of Ordos.

It's not a ram, you're looking at it upside down, turn it right side up... it's a robotic llama!

Karll lloves llamas. Thats suck a cool word ... llama

say it with me ... llama

"whoa black betty, bam-a-llama"

I also recall seeing a similar name of their planet mentioned in one of the books. It was where a The Battle of Corrin was fought.

http://www.dreamersofdune.com/lexicon/list.php?letter=C

CORRIN, BATTLE OF: the space battle from which the Imperial House Corrino took its name. The battle fought near Sigma Draconis in the year 88 B.G. settled the axcndancy of the ruling House from Salusa Secundus.

Actually they do appear in the Dune books. In one of the books there is a young heir to the throne for Atreides. He actually goes to the Ordos home world to be learn their ways in science and business. I forget which book exactly, but it does definately give a portrayal of Ordos.

1) It's Leto, Paul's father.

2) Ordos don't appear in the Dune novels. Never.

3) Leto went to Ix, which House Vernius (sp?) was ruling at the time.

Logical... 2 is boring, 3 is...exciting ? Yeah, I can buy that, suddenly it becomes exciting by adding another house (!)  ::)

in dune 1 you could only fight against the harkonnen... okay, it wasn't a rts but I always wanted to play the harkonnen too... 2 ain't boring but more is better (if they are good). take a look at emperor... they added fremen, sards, ix, tleilaxu, guild... these aren't houses but subhouses. fremen and sard also appeared in dune 2 but you couldn't control them (only "launch" fremen from your palace)...

I think it's really great that there are 3 houses and they added 5 subhouses... it's not that boring as if there were only 2 houses and nothing else...

I also think it's alright to modify a GAME and make it different from novels... what I dislike is if MOVIES are so much different from the novels.

There were the Sardukar in Dune II, but they just came and tried to kill you everytime. With rocket infantry groups.

Lol, I remember how you couldn't make Rocket Soldiers for Atreides but you would see them on occasion against an Atreides opponent.

To anwser your first question:

Why the hell is the Harkonnen symbol a Ram!!!!

I think they where lazy, westwoord that is

The real symbol for house Harkonnen is nowhere to be found or at least not a real animal, it is a mythological figure so there ar no pictures of it.

the gryphon is hard to make so they choose for something more easely recogniseble like the ram

think it is about that is it not?

Lol, I remember how you couldn't make Rocket Soldiers for Atreides but you would see them on occasion against an Atreides opponent.

I guess the Atreides are not so true to their cause and their "peaceful attitude" if they are losing the battle on dune.

Ironic :D