End of the World 2029

Dude_Doc

I recalled something very interesting scientists descovered about a weird finding, they have descovered strong gama rays but they didn't know where could that high gama radiation came from. They thought at start it was coused by a supernova from a star 10 times bigger than our sun, but it didn't fit, the gama rays comming out of that exploading star wasn't enough. They thought next that a star, 30 times bigger than our sun collapsed into itself and formed a black hole, the gama rays were not sufficiant in that case too. Finelly they have come up with the right guess, it was indeed a star 30 times bigger than our sun, and it did collapsed into itself and formed a black hole, but while it did so it was spinning fast and that spin added extra gama rays when it finelly turned into a black hole.

There's something I don't understand about gama rays, can our sun's magnetic field block them from entering our solar sistem? because our solar sistem orbits a super massive black hole which is placed in the centre of our galaxy and our solar sistem's orbit crosses the edges of our galaxy, where supernovas occure most, and because a supernova sends lost of gama rays which endanger us i'm curious what our sun is doing about it.

.............post continued [ part 2]

For about the last 150 years, the theory of intelligent design was kept out of the scientific mainstream because there were no precise methods for distinguishing intelligently caused objects from unintelligently caused ones.

I recalled something very interesting scientists descovered about a weird finding, they have descovered strong gama rays but they didn't know where could that high gama radiation came from. They thought at start it was coused by a supernova from a star 10 times bigger than our sun, but it didn't fit, the gama rays comming out of that exploading star wasn't enough. They thought next that a star, 30 times bigger than our sun collapsed into itself and formed a black hole, the gama rays were not sufficiant in that case too. Finelly they have come up with the right guess, it was indeed a star 30 times bigger than our sun, and it did collapsed into itself and formed a black hole, but while it did so it was spinning fast and that spin added extra gama rays when it finelly turned into a black hole.

There's something I don't understand about gama rays, can our sun's magnetic field block them from entering our solar sistem? because our solar sistem orbits a super massive black hole which is placed in the centre of our galaxy and our solar sistem's orbit crosses the edges of our galaxy, where supernovas occure most, and because a supernova sends lost of gama rays which endanger us i'm curious what our sun is doing about it.

Very little. Most harmful radiation is blocked by the Earth

The Darwinist position for the origin of life is that it came from a chance combination of non-living chemicals. For hundreds of years, people believed that some life-forms could originate suddenly, without any predecessor life forms to produce them. This was the concept of spontaneous generation.

If a piece of meat were left to decay on the floor, pretty soon it would be covered by maggots.  People believed that the maggots just spontaneously came from the meat.  In 1688, Francesco Redi performed experiments with rotting meat and maggots.  He showed that maggots do not spontaneously generate from nothing.  However, whether bacteria spontaneously generate was not answered.  So in the 1860

Damn, all that research and you could even have thrown in the Discovery channel archives for the hell of it to prove your point, yet all I really got from those responses Dante was how much you wish Gunwounds dead.  Someone needs a Midol.

Damn, all that research and you could even have thrown in the Discovery channel archives for the hell of it to prove your point, yet all I really got from those responses Dante was how much you wish Gunwounds dead.

Ok, I'm dealing with a skeptic here...

You probably know that many science fiction books inspired people to invent stuf and thus fiction became a reality. You are bound to the world you see every day, i'll give you an example: you probably think life can only be formed by amino acids which combine to form other more complecated forms of life, now I want you to imagen life which are formed by silicon, yes the same silicon in your computer! sounds imagynary? well, that's what I want you to think, you can tell me it's complete nonescence but in some remote corner in the universe a living silicon composed creature may lie!

If you belive another form of life besides carbon based form of life may exist, you can reduce your "42 unavoidable conditions for the formation of life", or maybe to add more conditions, after all nither me nor you know how many conditions a silicon form of life needs. That's what i'm talking about, the uncertainty rules the universe and you shouldn't reject something just because you haven't saw/read/heard of it.

Has anyone else noticed that the structure of Gunwounds' arguments seem to go like this:

Ok Dante obviously you are an idiot...[insert childish character assassination]

That theory sucks, my theory is better, you suck I'm better

That's why you suck and I'm smart

And then when other people use theories to discredit his theories he goes:

You don't seriously believe that do you?  ::)

*Sigh*

This thread was good until he came up with this tripe.

Is it just me or has Dante blocked Ken and Mordus, or at least IMs, and has Guns blocked IMs from Dante?

Can someone tell me if this is right by the way? I want to see whether the Fed2k Admin Control Centre really makes any sense to me.

For my part I can say that yes, I have blocked IMs from those two. Mordus was irritating me and Ken chose a bad time to tell me not to tell emprworm to go away. I haven't blocked IMs from Gunwounds because I haven't recieved any from him. Nor, that I know of, have I ever sent any to him.

Regarding this topic, I would prefer it if it were locked right now. Any moderators who read this please lock the topic. Thank you.

Having seen the unwarranted personal attacks and offences from both sides, I would normally send this thread, or possibly the posts concerned to the dungeon, especially since the topic has deviated from the original title.

However, considering the amount of effort that has also gone into what appears to be sound construction and dissection of arguments, I am hesitant to dungeonise. While ideally, I might wish to edit out the rude remarks, there's really too much to do.

I think the best thing for me, at least, to do is lock the thread for the time being, pending Gob's final decision. This will prevent further mudslinging, may allow tempers to cool, and still preserves the thread, so that, if later needed, you can extract all the information that's been posted.

However, if this thread is reopened, split, restarted, or the topic in any way resurrected, note that further improper behaviour will not be tolerated. I don't think I need to show you the way to the forum rules (and the deviations with respect thereto), do I?