Strategy's 2vs3 or 3vs4

Marcel71

Hi All,

Lately i get a lot of games where it is 2vs3 or 3vs4. Mostly i am in the team where there are less players... (i wonder why  ::))

I had this game 3vs4 and one of my partners started concentrating on attacking 1 base. Doing that, the opponents were filling the base with turrets, but my partner just kept attacking the base, losing LOTS of units...

My idea is to harv hunt all the opponents and keep them small that way. In meantime grow big, so you can effectively attack the bases....

Anybody other ideas (except for gas rush)?

Hi skorpi you can tell nick of this great noob  :D No no i tell it was me  ;D.

And there is my idea. I think it is good when one guy of team make first outpost and then tell other partners wchich moves make theyr enemis so for this part of game he is somethink like Comander and they must do what he tell to them, but it is hard play and chating whit other in same time  ;). Then they can make quick contrastrikes on them. And then as skorpi say onli do harvestr hunting.

Hey skorp.

I beleive the reason is coz u were probebly the best person in the host at those times when it was 2vs3 and 3vs4. But then again the host picks the wrong teams. heheh

It could have been me(mudassar) you and desertway vs sadian owwl manio7 and kalem as im sure we would have won. 8)

And yes guns is so right. hehe

Your harves are most important only for spice as you are dead as they will double or even triple u.

So why bother harv dropping when u have the money to use the harvs money to make a sufficient army to attack that double army.

IMO turtling for the team with 3 allys in a 3vs4 is defeat. Try to roam the map killing every thing in the sand and not the bases so erly on.

Hehe i think this is good write to CURENTLI BEST PLAYER topick but ok Madelon. But back to your opinion whit harvestr hunting. I think if we close you in your base we can too make thise hard units,but we havent limits whit spice so we can make more thise guys and then send them vs yous guys. But we will won  :P

Cos we have spice  :D

So far I've only 1 ally that I can think of to do that with though that I can pull it off with it's risky but if done right, it will work almost all the time.

Cheers Scarman ! hehe  :D

And yeah, take out one or disable one thereby making it more balanced, unless its 3 elite players vs 4 not too experienced players (i.e. totally unbalanced teams) in which case you can do what you like and win.  :O

"Like a buzz chem rush "

That would be good if all opponents are noobs (then i do not need advice).

But if there are 2 players which are 'good' from four, then u can shake it.

I tried it yesterday with desert, 3vs4 and buzz/chem rush. But Sadian (atreides) and another hark player saw we were going for Kalem and had their turrets ready...

My buzz gone, BO not good anymore etc... It costed me a long time to recover my losses. Cause short after our failed rush i was all the time being attacked so i could not build a normal force anymore...

That's why i asked for something else then buzz/chem rush...

But gun has some good points.. thanks

ok guys since u are talking about ideas i will tell mine it dosent have to be good but its what i think about i remeber i used to like playing a speace simulator game called win comander by lukas arts company and u wont belive haw complecated it can get to fly those machines at speed of 28 000 kps  so u basicly need the joy stick with all avelable buttons  to fire and flip and after burn  :O  but then u need to use the keyboard to radar and lock on target and manouver speed and select weapon and planty of other things so surly i didnt have 4 hands so i used to make team wih my cousin  one of us is pilot and the other is keyboard navigator and bommer and it made a hell of a deffrence in result what i think is 2 good players can make a supper base if they playe on same rock (if it was big enough) like one of them can protect the base and the spice mine and make elite forces and behind enemy line attacks and the other will make a house(regular) army and consetreat on attaking and take control of the sand as he dosnt have to worry about defence or spice he might be over numbered at 1 by the other attaking armyes but look at it this way it will be immposible to enter the base or the spice mine when u have a trained played keeping eyes on it all the time and attaking the other unguarded bases with elite unites so over time the advantege of the others will simply be over.thanks for reading sorry for my bad spelling

That would be good if all opponents are noobs (then i do not need advice).

But if there are 2 players which are 'good' from four, then u can shake it.

I tried it yesterday with desert, 3vs4 and buzz/chem rush. But Sadian (atreides) and another hark player saw we were going for Kalem and had their turrets ready...

My buzz gone, BO not good anymore etc... It costed me a long time to recover my losses. Cause short after our failed rush i was all the time being attacked so i could not build a normal force anymore...

That's why i asked for something else then buzz/chem rush...

But gun has some good points.. thanks

Well Gunwounds is the ally I was talking about earlier, we've done it over and over against good players not noobs.  I just meant it can be done if done correctly reguardless of how well prepared for it you are. you almost have to know exactly what your ally is going to do and how he is going to move to do it.  But it is a very effective rush, well can be.

Ud think Id know every strategy right now since I'm always on the 2or3 team vs 3or4 but I don't.  :P I just try to have fun with it.  One thing I have come to is in 3v4 vs decent opponents is you need a really stong atradies player to and be able to defend him early or either 2 ordos and 1 hark.   

Skorp there is just 2 things I would like to add. Try not to put all your refs in one base. That seems to be the common trend is putting all the refs in the most easily defendable rock or the rock farthest from the enemies. I have played too many games where the enemies will double or triple team the spice field and therefore kill your eceonomy. You should try and get a backup spot for refs just in case your main spice field is over run. We all know how important your economy is.

The 2nd thing is if you are playing good players and not newbs...make a rule that they can't use turrets. Make them out play you, not just have more resourses at the beginning of the game. In games where we made that rule, we had much better games. Try and make the game as evenly matched as possible before you start. This will force them to fight you and force their opponents to come off their rocks to help and not just make turrets for them, while they build an army to attack you with. In some cases where the players were so evenly matched, we even went as far as adding a rule that the team with more people couln't go air. This forced them to come out and out play us, Otherwise it's just too easy for 2 guys to keep you busy while 1 guy builds a massive force of gunships or starts dropping devs in ur base.

You have a point there des, but normally i dislike to put 'restrictions' on games...

Just like harv drops in my eyes is totally valid, while some see it as cheating...

About putting refs in different bases:

You should not have atreides as opponent, because the F* carryals will fly from one base to another (even over the enemy base). So it is an easy way to lose your carryals..

This reminds me now of another thread i can start... (which i will ;))

It is about placement of refs...

Hey guys  :D i have one new Tactic. IT IS LYING. Man i was play whit KORELOVER YOUKO and one other guy whiche i never see bifour and i was in team whit YOUKO. Korlover still tell us he wont alli so we go on him but he have real alliance whit that guy and they onli play it on us all the time and when they have us where they want. They alli together and kick us  :D. Man youko was and everyone was in funny. MAN that was great idea ::)

They lied to you, telling you they couldnt ally, and waited for you to come, before allying and attacking you ?  ??? hmmm, ok. Wasnt a 2 vs 3 was it ? didnt sound like it.

Would this underhand tactic work if it was 2 vs 3 ? And it could only work once, if it game you any advantage at all anyway.