Emperor is far from dead yet !

erjin999

Reiteration: This is NOT an RPG. It is an RP. There is a distinction between the two.

YEAH, desertway  >:(

There is a huge difference between RPG and RP !

Now you can't start insulting people who do RP and tell them it is RPG !

It is like taking a crap on their life time goals !

U might as well kill a Cow in the middle of Calcutta if you compare an RPG with RP....

I have beaten-up people for less insulting things  >:(

;D

YEAH, desertway  >:(

There is a huge difference between RPG and RP !

Now you can't start insulting people who do RP and tell them it is RPG !

It is like taking a crap on their life time goals !

U might as well kill a Cow in the middle of Calcutta if you compare an RPG with RP....

I have beaten-up people for less insulting things  >:(

;D

Nice one skorpi...

Gunner, this is very confusing for me, I am used to kicking the six shades of poo out of people on emp (actaully, usually it is my poo kicked  ::)) not playing friends. How does everyone ally ? If you go too close to a player you have not allied with your units will attack...

Doesnt this sound like something for the people who like to write stories, like the role playing that goes on here on this board ?

Not shure how many people would like this, if I have understood it, even if emp were able to support it as Desert says.

Nice one skorpi...

Doesnt this sound like something for the people who like to write stories, like the role playing that goes on here on this board ?

You're right. It's JUST like the role playing that goes on here on this board. Just that it's more fun because you have something to see, etc.

Since all players are on "friendly" terms, you can simply play a game without fog of war, let everybody scout and see the whole map, so that when something is going on everybody can see. also, since it's a polite rp, and you don't go about ripping everybody's bases like you do in a normal game, it is not necessary to have ALL players ally (you're right erjin, it is not possible). But nevertheless, the rp can still progress even with some people not allied.

Not everybody is gonna like it. I'm hoping to pull those who like it together, because interest in it is also very limited on warcraft 3, but higher because mapmakers can create scripts, etc.  In emperor, it's just the plain old skirmish, but you can use this skirmish to roleplay nonetheless, if you just love roleplaying.

So the real question is how many of the players like roleplaying, and how many of the roleplayers, will play online ?

By the way, using XWIS, you can get up to 8 people on a map (8 doesnt always load, 7 is much better at loading).

How many like roleplaying? Well, that's a difficult question... well... well...

You'll never know until you've tried it, right? I tried it on Generals, although the lag was terrible, my little gang of me and my 2 friends enjoyed a pretty good roleplay (although it will definitely be less enjoyable than Emperor, because of the lag and also because of the inflexible alliances).

Roleplaying in real life? Well.... ;) don a vampire costume and you could face a cop... or dress up like Osama... or Usama... or Bush...

An RPG is a game. What I was talking about is an RP, and the game is used to "run" the rp (or improve it), but we do not obey the game's rules (kill everybody to win!).

An RPG is a game in which players have to go through a series of things, monsters, traps, etc. or whatever you call it to achieve certain fixed goals. The players themselves do not create these goals, they can choose, but they will never create. In an RPG, you do not create dialogue for your characters. They are either fixed (like in most RPGs), or you have to choose which sentences to say. Either way, creativity is not achieved.

I seem to have bad luck with role playing anyway. The last time I tried it with my wife...the neighbors called the cops on me. ;)

Yeah desert, i would phone the cops too if i saw you running outside naked with a superman cape around your shoulders, shouting: BATBOY, BATBOY, LET ME HAVE SOME  ;D

Yeah desert, i would phone the cops too if i saw you running outside naked with a superman cape around your shoulders, shouting: BATBOY, BATBOY, LET ME HAVE SOME  ;D

Only call the cops if you like men in uniform, otherwise leave them out and join in with desert  ;)

there may be a bunch of games played, but it seems to be the same players over and over... new ones aren't coming, and the older ones that try to come back don't get to play. I've tried to play many games, but 98% of the time I get the "Sorry we got a game already" so out of maybe 20 tries, I might get one game... hardly worth going into the lobby and waiting and waiting to not play...

Are you shure its about that often ? Thats sounds too often.

We all get that, but only once in a while. And I can tell you its not the same poelpe playing the same teams over and over 800+ times a month. There are a good few players there now, and a lot of games happening. I guess you have had bad luck.

we have some new players. kalem and sadian for example r new, but play verry often and get better and better. to bad that "MR. JUNGLE0m3n" wasnt able to play yesterday....hope u solve ur problems...hehe, i like to play u man.

ps101, dont worry if u get a "sorry we got game" its human like, that 4 friends want to play a game sometimes alone, and otherwise we would get sometimes never a game, coz always ppl join and left....so we have to make new teams again and again, and everybody starts to talk and to talk....thats y we ask sometimes to leave.

KALONY

ps101,

KALONY

Its PS501 ! Hehe.

Just how new is Sadian ?

As for jungledude, I asked him to post in tech support board, and he said he might not.

And yeah, I think we do that more, the bit where we say "we have a game" becuase sometimes people just keep joining until you have 8 people and it will not load. Then some leave, we make teams, then some more join, and so on.

But that is still rare..