Lynch?

Gunseng_Harkonnen

I like Lynch's Dune better.  the set design, wardrobe, script, and acting are all much better.  Although the Mini had it's charm (Baron Harkonnen's metal fan, the Baron snorting the Spice like Victorian times, The Harkonnen's rhyming couplets, and Kynes' dress suit.  that is all).

I must agree with you Vanguard. I think the Lynch movie is cult in a way the minies will never be. I still like the minies though I like the Atreides uniforms, but the Harkonnen is better in Lynch's.

Besides I like Sting the most as Feyd. ;D

I loved the original and the new series. But the original is better. THe mood and feeling of the original is more to the book then the new one I think. more dark and ominous. The sardaukar are cooler looking too in the older version though not like the book.:)

I liked Lynch's version, the Fremen stillsuits designs are better. Although Harrison's take on a few things were good ie, getting the water of life from the worms and some of the Fremen set designs for the inside of the stetches. Lynch's version

I was very mad when I saw the spice was green in the minies. I would like the fremen to have the Lynch still's but they need a robe in my opinion.

Something I like about the Minies is that they fight with knives, and the uniforms I think the sardines outfit is quite fine.

I also hate the CGI in many movies.  i prefer live actors, models, etc, any day.  I agree that the mini sets looked a bit unnatural.  The sietch, for instance, was too visible from afar (i.e. the large statue carving).  The heighliners in the mini were pretty dopey looking too.  And the remen spat when they talked.

Lynch's version was multi-ethnic Harrison's version was not. Harrison did his by the book but so did Lynch he just used a different approach. You may never get the same interpertation of Dune. I mean it is Dune, it is a desert planet there are no alien lifeforms, no high-tech gadget wizardary, no mutiple battle scences and most of all you might need a degree in philosophy to understand it all in the end. Both Lynch's and Harrison's version of Dune speak for themselves and it depends on who's listening. Enjoy whichever version you choose, Lynch is more movie and Harrison is more mini-series. There will always be difference between big-screen and small-screen.

You're right about that fed (the robes)

another thing about the minies is when Paul and Chani goes out in the desert to make a little one, they don't where still suits as I recall.

Well I'm looking forward to see what OrLoK can do about the Lynch movie.

Personaly i am a fan of harrison version. My main Complaint about about Lynchs is its horibul lighting. That and its just short you cant jamm dune into 2 hours even the 4 hour version leaves alot out, and what about the ending. I mean it rains on dune. COME ON! That is such a cheap ending. Realy bad.

Yes ExAtriedes in Harrison's version Paul does act too much of a brat even in Frank Herbert's book, Paul's character was never this way.

The only character that was a brat was Alia, but I pity her character because she was an abomination and there was nothing she could do about it. Once people found out about her (birth) they would always shun her, being the reason the Baron was able to manipulate her later in the series.

In the Dune Appendix it speaks of the Water hymn that is where Lynch and Harrison both get their ideas of water on Arrakis.