Ordos, Atreides, Harkonnen

Guest Whoop-me.com

Guest Whoop-me.com

Which one are your favorite and why.

Mine is Ordos because i love a fast hi and run

In Dune 2, the Harkonnen was my favourite House, because of their brute force.

In Dune 2000, the Ordos was my favourtite House, due to their stealth raiders, deviators, and faster tanks.

In Emperor ... we shall see :)

Geese this question again! I dont know how much times i heard this question. all i know is its very original. Well the Ordos cause of the Kobra tank.

ps. did u know that the leader of the Harkonen is a child-molester

Guest Daniel RTS Master

Ordos Simply because their ways of winning, Unlike the harkonnen Who Come with ten Visible devistators.

Also, When I had Dune 2000 on Windows 95 I had three units I could control, Sardukar For Harkonnen, Stealth Raider for ordos and Grenadier for Atriedes on Windows 98 computer I had none of those.

In Dune II it was the Harkonen for the simple fact that you got Troopers and Quads, instead of infantry and trikes :)

But now I'm being swayed to the Duke's side, as they've got some interesting infantry this time. I'm particularly interseted in the Kinjal and the Sniper as I've got some big plans for these 2. Also the Minotaurus looks like it's gonna kick some ass!!!!

So in summary: Atredies

Peace, out

Atreides. Why, sonic tanks and orinthophers. Sonic tanks do major damage to enemy units trying to attack your base. Orinthophers used for air strikes can hold an enemy in check or used in conjunction with a ground attack can leave an enemy very upset about property damage. :D

Besides they are a balanced House with essential needs for my conquests on Dune.

Ordos... obviously! I always liked the Ordos for their ways of waging war. I even liked the Ordos in Dune 2! And btw, they DID get troopers in that game, starting with mission 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I may be the first one to on this topic (concerning Emperor: Battle for Dune favorite side that is) to have the Harkonnen as my favorite. Their strong powerful units spread across the chart. The flame tank, flamethrower infantry, and Buzzsaw can be used to easily take down huge amounts of opposing infantry. The Devastator has all around power with their dual plasma guns, the ground-to-air missiles, and their emergency self-destruct feature (which leads to a deadly nuclear explosion might I add). While the Harkonnen focus is obviously on using brute force, sadly many people usually forget how innovative and clever the units can be. The buzzsaw can tear up opponent's spice fields to hurt their income. Also the Irkvine Catapult's poisonous globs can be use to poison planned parts of land and is flammable. So that means you can have such units like the Harkonnen Flame Tank force fire on a row of globs to stop (or seriously damage) incoming forces. The Harkonnen engineers also have a pistol for self-defense, which can help in some very evil sneaky cases. While a force of Devastators may be both expensive and slow you can still air lift them with some advance carry-alls. Using the waypoint system you can simultaneously land the Devastators near the opponent's base while you send a strong force of Missile Tanks, flame tanks, and infantry units to help the weaknesses of the slow powerhouses. Now this may sound like an expensive strategy, but if your opponent doesn't have much anti-air you can air lift a devastator and land it near an important structure of theirs (Whether it is a starport, construction yard, barracks, or war factory). When the devastator can't hold up on it's own quickly set it to self-destruct causing massive damage to that structure (maybe destroying it) leaving a bit of radiation for some unlucky units. This strategy can hurt ordos more then others (since they have limited anti-air support)

So in the end my favorite side is: Harkonnen

Guest Halef

There are no Ex-Atreides unless he is dead-Atreides... but even in such case he stays to be Atreides - never forget of this! :D

"STRENGTH AND HONOR"

the reason i'm called exatreides is becous i use to be a die hard atreides fan then Edric o showed me the light of the ordos. dont get me wrong i still like atreides i play with them 70% percent of the time. i like there loyalty to there duke and there freman friends. i just like the ordos stelth tec. Sorry edric o

"I want my baby back baby back chile baby back sandworm."

I am trying out Ordos now... kinda enjoying it except for the fact that they lack any fixed AA defense. The Chaos Lightning makes up for it though =) ... ... well almost.

Also tried out the Atreides in skirmish... ... Minotaurus rocks!!! so do the ornithopters. But the Hawk Strike is kinda lame (till they use it on you, and wave good bye to your units as they walk off screen)

Yet to seriously try Harkonnens so I'll reserve judgement till then

BTW, the Buzzsaws ripping the spice to shreds is practically a non issue. It regens so fast its almost impossible to completely irradicate.

It is not the light of money its the subtle glow of the cloaked raider. i like atreides i have considerd starting my own atreides clan. at least then the oha whould have someone to fight. :)

but the problem is no one would want to join. so i just stay with the oha till some one starts there own.

" I want my baby back baby back chili baby back sandworm."

Guest Albatross

Bah... Cloaking Tech? Sneakiness? No, truly this is not the strength of the Ordos. The true might of Ordos is it's speed and ability to recover from any damage over time. That... and the Tron-Tank. Alone, they are weak and toothless, but in packs, they rule the sands. Minotauri and Sonic Tanks can not track them well enough to hit one before they explode, Mongeese are shredded after they get off their first missile, and Flame Tanks / Buzzsaws are a joke. The ONLY thing Ordos suck at is AA. I don't mind having ZERO useful air units, as long as they'd give me some DECENT AA. But nooooooo..... Gotta use an APC with rocket dudes. How... how.... 20th century! ARGGHHH!!!

The Kobra is decent, but still gets shredded by any other heavy unit (Minotauras, Devestator, etc), even when it possesses a height advantage over the foe. I hate that. On the upside, they are almost always 200-300 credits less each from the Starport, so I tend to order in bulk. I still love Deviating those big fat Harkonnen tanks and watching them blow up. Jolly good fun, that. Lasert tanks are THE premier Harvester killers in the game, though, especially if you send a group in a sort of 'line' (or blob). The first few will fire on the harvester, the ones behidn them will generally nail the Carryall when it touches ground to lift it up... then it's a two-for-one sale... dead Harvester AND dead Carryall. ;)

Buzzsaws are kind of a joke. Most Hark tanks can run over infantry anyway, the Spice regenerates faster than the saw can kill it, and most standard raiding vehicles can chew up a 'Saw in a one-on-one anyway. The Inkvine is pretty cool, though, wish Ordos had THAT little baby. Heavy Caryalls, depsite the name, still generally get chewed up pretty good by AA, which means the Atreides have no worries (yet Ordos remain screwed). Devastators are nice, but still generally get reamed by Laser Tanks long before they accomplish much.

Atreides is probably the most balanced of all. I especially like the ability to train veteran infantry, harkens back to the days of RA2. Still, for a side which relies upon its infantry, it confuses me that Westwood didn't give them a combat medic. It certainly WOULD make sense, especially since you'd want to protect your good troops from death until you could get their three bars. Atreides, with rocket towers and the fighter drone, pretty much own their airspace. Ornithopters tend to fall from one or two troop missiles, so they generally don't accomplish much against a human opponent.

Alex, mi amigo tal celo de un guerrero de la casa de Atreides. Mayo sus batallas sean victoriosas y usted esta parado en el Pasillo de la fama en Valhalla el cielo del guerrero.

VIVEN DE LARGO LOS COMBATIENTS!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JImmy

ordos for me, any day, laser tanks are mentally fast, get 8-9 of them up quickly, you can storm buildings whilest they're still moving. Eye in the skies also rock for me as well, although expensive i use them against oppenents landing pads, if that sabouter makes it, say bye to your aa problems (although aa troppers arn't so bad against aircraft!) Chaos lightning rocks too, that harknonnen missle is just boring!

Shit

i dunno

Atreides because of the book!!!!!!!

in the game i kinda like Ordos

but i hate the Las Tank v Las Tank fights

Harks are good for one thing ONLY - Gunships

if ii had Gunships, Las Tanks and the good ol Minos I say I'll be extremely happy

i never noticed any ordos in the books actually...

But im loyal to house atreides forever!!! sheesh the harko suck big time, n the ords..well r pathetic....

the laser tanks stuff, its only if they even get close enough to do dmg.....n how does the dust scout bury itself? wads the button? never ever got mine to do it...

I can't choose between the three. In Dune 2 it was definitely Harkonnen (the sides were so the same anyway). It depends on which mood I'm in. I think I like the Atreides - they're more all-rounded.

• 4 weeks later...