americas army

tutuco21

have u ever played americas army????

man i have the hardest time on my life to pass 2 of the training

to be sniper u need to hit 36 targets with 40 bulets (hard)

to be especial forces u need to go in a 30 minutes stage widouth being spoted (too hard)

this game rocks and its free

i recomend to all

ps> lets play somethimes

lets form a platoon

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well  it kills renegade, the training is annoying though (especialy E&E special forces training) but the game is awsome, I play about every day for awhile. My accounts are Honor_Gaurd and if im not on that im on Magnet_Valkurien.

(the game rules, get it, its free)

What exactly is the gameplay like? Comparable to C&C Renegade's?

No, it isn't anything like Renegade. The only similarities are the first person view and the HUD. America's Army (what? South America?) is a whole lot more realistic and harder.

if u like this kind of games.. why dont you go directly to the top of it...

get battle field 2 , and the platon u are talking about is allready  forming.. :)

offcorce its not free.. but who said good games are free??

beside u wont need to buy another game for a long time.

only one problem with bf2,  u realy need to have a super pc from the bottom to the top

any thing less than this u would be asking for a bad time

I play America's Army every now and then.  Had an account for over a year, only recently re-installed it.  It's entirely free to download and install, and they even offer to send you a free CD if you haven't got a broadband connection and a few hours of your life to devote to getting the 900MB install file. :P

It uses the Unreal3 engine to create what has to be the most realistic FPS out there; it's a combat simulator, in much and such the same way that Microsoft Flight Simulator is, surprisingly, a flight simulator.  The training is difficult, granted, but not impossible.  Took me a couple of days of trying, walking away from the PC, then trying again... but I have now completed every single training mission, and on my way to getting enough "Honour" (a rank from 1 to 100, starts at 10 after training, increases as you perform well on the battlefield) to use my Special Forces custom weapon.  I need 15 Honour for that, which is about 50 games' worth, depending on the circumstances.

AA isn't your average FPS; you use realistic weapons, from rifles to flash-bangs, to engage another team in online play.  Each side sees themselves as the US ARMY, and the other as Opposing Forces, or OPFOR - you either join the ASSAULT or DEFENCE side, which gives you a scenario telling you why you have to kill the other team, or otherwise reach an obective.  An example would be one of my favourite maps, "Bridge Crossing".  If you're on ASSAULT, the story runs that OPFOR masquerading as refugees have ambushed your fellow US forces at the bridge, and your squad have to make it over from the enemy side back to your HQ in the North (i.e. get across the bridge).  If you're on DEFENCE, your squad is holding the bridge, trying to stop a group of OPFOR who had masqueraded as refugees from crossing it until reinforcements arrive.  The round lasts anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes.

And there's none of this re-spawn malarky, sonny-me-lad.  You get shot, you're dead.  If you only get shot a bit, you'll be a bit dead, and bleeding.  Depending on how bad it is, you might bleed out and die anyway.  Your chances of survival are increased if a Field Medic (special class that one or two people per squad can choose to be) bandages you up, stopping the bleeding, but unable to sew your leg back on, so to speak (i.e. you're just as dead as you were, but it's stopped getting worse).

There are different types of maps, ranging from CQB (Close Quarters Battle) to Urban Engagement to Paratrooper Attacks - there's tons to do, and it's a lot of fun doing it.  And all of this is free, and guaranteed to be free of cheaters, too, thanks to PunkBuster.  AA is great, and I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for something refreshing and new; someone perhaps seeking a break from the cries of "Double Kill!", "Headshot!" and "Mmmmmmmmister Crow!". :P

Check out the official site here --> America's Army.

lol,if all that was a reply to me, am affread i forgot to say that i know the game and i downloaded it befor.. and i didnt say by any meaning that it is a bad game...

i just said it cant stand against bf2 in any game ratting plus the idea of making a dune2k  team

is allready a realty at bf2  cheack the bf2 post,,thats all cheers.

Hooah!

I'm 22 Honor, and I have all trainings completed.

Ingame name is Phoenix[GH] <-- From the board GameHeaven.

I'm mostly on the Bridge servers. Because that level is just great :D

Or that farm by night level.. with that parachute drop..

Well it looks like we can form a clan here.. Looking forward to it!!

well... after my system and connection was baddly defeated by bf2  i decided to consider this game

and make a study....

but i will some helo of you guys if you can give.

first i want to know if my system is good enough for it and i wont lag.

my sys:

p4  3GHzE ht priscot

mb gygabite p4 titan

512 mb ram

5200fx ge force 128mb

adsl  256k.

secound thing i want to know if i join can i join this team(dune2k) if there is any is it possible to playe on abroad servers?? i live in the middle east .. if i get good resolts i will download it.thnx

That depends on if he can run the game on local servers well. If he can, he has the badnwdith to play the game. If he cant, he doesnt have the bandwidth to play the game. thats where the 256k and whatever upload come in.

However, playing well on one server without lag, and not doing so on another, not taking in to acocunt the servers permance under its own load, it is a matter of latency. So basically how bad his ping is.

Which is possibly where poor spizo was failing on BF2.

yes true.. my ping never go below 250 on bf2 which resolt in a fast punk buster kick...as for local

servers its impossible for any game . here in the middle east the gamming comunety is limited

most peapol who uses the net normaly dose for chatting or to view the adult stuff which is not

availeble in our normal and local media if u know what i meam..

but i still dont understand haw come i can playe emp on all servers and realy fast... emp olso

needs a lot of bandwitch???

as mutch as i wanted to join my freinds at bf2 as mutch as i am helpless with this game.. even if i went selling my brand new pc hardware for a forced upgread i will still be shadding tears for lagging of high ping and getting kicked out of servers after i would spend 100 s of $$$  upgreading and buying the game... i cant upgread the adsl speed coz its dam cheap (20$) per mounth but anything faster will cost me 3 times the subscrebtion...

but if you guys on a.a have what it takes to run it.  you must at least try bf2 demo its selly to playe another game when you can run this on on ure sys :'(

well lets say they didnt compromise with net speed for bf2...were lots of others games dose..

i mean things should  have been made eazyer with new games not harder... 265/64k  is the comon used

broadband world wide and popular gams should consider that and not complicate things.. i mean there is tones of other games who will even playe on dial up

Are you shure 256/64 is the most common ? In the UK, it was 512/128 until recently and now 2/512 seems to be the average. Some providers going to 8/1.

And as newer games do more, in the onward march that is progress, the requirements will go upward, not downward. That has always been the case, as far as I can see. The newer games will demand more of your equipment, not less. So Americas Army 2, if there is one, will look better, have better physics and basically demand more performance of your hardware.

I think personally you are just unlucky to be in an area where games are not a serious thing.