Alternative Emperor music

lol...if every store-bought cd would be in 128 kb/s quality like mp3, no1 would hear music anymore, coz it sucks. for cd`s and theaudio file u cant think in kb/s coz its not a real stream. u have a file with 44,1 khz and 16 bit. now u can count the data...ur 128 kb stream has round abaut a size of 3 mb and the wave file wich is the same size and quality like an audio track has a size of 30 mb...for example.

only at ur harddrive u can count ur stream, coz he has top stream it to the comp. but they use thousands of kb/s. it just depends on ur drive. maybe 3000 kb/s maybe 12000 kb/s. but thats not important for audio but for data.

KALONY

i know, my technical english is as good as youkos emp-english....lol

PEACE

They run at half the speed they should when they are in-game though.

That was the first set of Trakz, when KH2 came out I had redone the originals so they would play at the speed at which I mixed them.

I rip mine at 356kbs.

so i guess you don't know enough about music encoding. everyone who likes good quality would always prefer a wave file - but 356 is just insane. it's just a large file which needs a lot of space on your hdd (or cd/dvd - and which you can't send to friends as fast as smaller files) but the encoding is still in a compressed mp3 format which will never be as good as wave files can be. and erverything above 192kbs is just unnecessary because 192kbs is very close to cd quality and if you aren't a professional musician you probably won't hear a difference. but if your ears are good enough to hear a difference then 356kbs won't change much about this due to the fact that mp3 is still compressed.

trust me, you try 192kbs and your hdd will say 'thank you' someday  ;D

"so i guess you don't know enough about music encoding. everyone who likes good quality would always prefer a wave file"

Wave files are about 10X larger than an mp3 encoded at 356kb.

"so i guess you don't know enough about music encoding"

Your statement is baseless. You are an idiotic moron. You see? I can make baseless statements too. :)

"always prefer a wave file - but 356 is just insane"

Why is 356 insane whereas a wave file (much larger and very little difference in quality " if you aren't a professional musician") is preferable? Interesting logic.

"but if your ears are good enough to hear a difference then 356kbs won't change much about this due to the fact that mp3 is still compressed."

With that logic why not encode everything at the lowest setting? The MP3 is still compressed thus obviously there won't be much change in quality.  ???

"trust me, you try 192kbs and your hdd will say 'thank you' someday"

With 400 or so GB of space, I don't think I'll have a crisis any time soon, thanks all the same. ;)

you don't get it...  :(

i was talking of wave files being the best for clear music... of course they are much bigger than mp3. but you misunderstood me. you misunderstood me with the kbs too i guess. you can't encode them with a low (which is below 128) rate because they sound bad. but any rate above 192 is not necessary because your ear won't hear a difference. and that is why i said you have no idea of encoding music. maybe you just post a thread in a musicians message board and say "i think encoding at 356 is best" and wait for the replys  ;)

no it doesn't matter... I don't care what anyonw likes or not.

it all started with the statement that 128 kbs is low - and that's just wrong because 9 of 10 persons would agree that 128 is good enough and everything below 128 is low quality). that's all...

whatever... the thread was about the music not about the kbs...

to end this discussion, let's come back to the original topic:

what bands would you like to make music for EBFD?