C&C 3 is in the works

Dunenewt

Adam Isgreen a man, who has the privilage of being Game Design Director at the EALA Studios, posted the following:

"Yo,

Guys, Petroglyph (Me:the new games studio that some people are calling son of Westwood) doesn't have the rights to C&C. EA owns the C&C brand. The Petro guys are doing their own stuff.

What Mark said is true. What you saw was a concept / inspirational piece of art that we did over a year ago that displays on our internal EA monitors here at EALA. Concept art is our "What if?" avenue to explore things we may or may not want to do in the future with game content, a certain look, or atmosphere / tone.

FYI, it's an image of a Scrin Primal defending against a GDI attack on a Scrin base. Obviously, the primal is winning. =)

And yes, there are still a bunch of us ex-westwood guys here."

So, what are the Scrin? I remember the ship, but I must have forgotten references to "the Scrin". This is bad. Since I've played Tiberian Sun and Firestorm about 4 times each all the way through for both sides.

banshees were alien tech, so were the tiberium missiles.  both technologies were found in the tacitus, along with properties of tiberium.  if u think about it, tiberium sent to earth via a meteorite is the best way of softening up a planet before invasion....

Unless, of course, you're invading dirty little humans who adapted to the Tiberium weapon, began using it as a resource, and ended up springboarding off of your own weapon to jump ahead in technology. Oh, the aliens will bust the hell out of the Philadelphia, probably, the GDI space fleet isn't that well equipped, I don't think. Save for Kodiak-class ships and fighters, which don't amount to much anyway. Nod, on the other hand, we still count as humans, even though I wouldn't discount Kane as being somehow connected with the aliens -- it makes sense, we just can't kill the hombre -- you see, Nod has the Tiberium missles, and the Banshees, and the Cyborg. That'll give the aliens something to remember from their stay on Sol III, baby.

Man, I forgot how cool the GDI/Nod Alliance was. I doubt they would ever make GDI and Nod play ball for the same team, but, what if the three sides were Human (GDI/Nod), Forgotten, and Alien (Kane/CABAL/Scrin)? That would be interesting -- and, again, even if GDI and Nod are separate campaigns, I wonder if they will ally, like they did against CABAL.

images%3Fq%3DGlobal%2BDefense%2B%253FInitiative%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8

Look what I found, also. I think the Global Defense Iniative exists out of fiction also. (LMAO - Just Kidding: But read anyways.)

Global Defense Initiative

The Global Defense Initiative (GDI), ratified in 1995, was created to fight the growing number of terrorists groups as well as to protect the United Nations and it's interests. GDI faced it's first major threat when the Brotherhood of Nod, until recently thought to be only a small terrorist organization, seemingly appeared out of the ashes and began to wage war on the free world. The Brotherhood, lead by the charismatic Kane, was a very powerful organization with a seemingly unlimited supply of tiberium. What followed next would go down in history as the First Tiberium War. This was a high-tech and brutal war fought mainly on the continents of Asia and Africa. In the end, GDI prevailed, crushing the last of the Brotherhood in a final confrontation in Sarajevo. During this final battle, the sacred Temple of Nod was destroyed and supposedly Kane was destroyed with it...

COMMONLY:

GDI. Before 1966, known as Special Operations Group Echo, Black Ops 9.

FOUNDED:

12 October 1995, in accordance with the United Nations Global Defense Act (UNGDA)

IDEOLOGY:

To enforce the United Nations Global Defense Act and uphold the ideals as outlined in the United Nations Charter.

HEAD OF STATE:

Former: Brigadier General Sheppard, Chief of Staff, United Nations Military Command.

Current: GDI Supreme Commander General Solomon. As a young officer, Solomon led the final attacks against the Brotherhood of Nod in the final days of the First Tiberium War. Solomon was responsible for successfully destroying the last remnants of the Brotherhood as well as destroying their sacred Temple of Nod.

BASE OF OPERATIONS:

Space Station Philadelphia, located in high Earth orbit.

MILITARY STRENGTH:

Within parameters of the UNGDA, Article V, Section 3A, Paragraph 12.

ECONOMIC STRENGTH:

Funded by United Nations and various national governments, public organizations, and private enterprise.

POLITICAL STRENGTH:

Not applicable: operates within parameters of the UNGDA and under the orders of the United Nations Security Council.

AFFILIATIONS:

United Nations.