Redux 3.0

neonext

I dunno about the fps you want to have in ur game. But i bet a good program can use multiple images. Ie , lets say you dump at 10 fps... you can make every picture shown 6 times at a 60fps video (so you get 60 fps in the end ;)).

I dunno what FRAPS is though :D you could try that too.

You could use FRAPS.

http://www.fraps.com/

Although you'll need alot of free harddisk space to record movies on it (I recommend something like 20 GiB min.) Fast disk rotation time (7200 r/m or more) and a fast processor (800 MHz +) Having enough memory (256 MeB +) will also help.

And with the free version you won't have sound, and the max resolution for recording was 640 x 480 I believe. Still you can make some nice movies with it (check my trailer if you want) but you'll need some video editing software to put it all together. But you can even use Windows Movie Maker for that one...

I dunno about the fps you want to have in ur game. But i bet a good program can use multiple images. Ie , lets say you dump at 10 fps... you can make every picture shown 6 times at a 60fps video (so you get 60 fps in the end ;)).

showing 6 identical pictures in a row to achieve 60 fps would appear like 10 fps anyway to the person watching... It's just that you waste six times as much space.

http://www.fraps.com/

Although you'll need alot of free harddisk space to record movies on it (I recommend something like 20 GiB min.) Fast disk rotation time (7200 r/m or more) and a fast processor (800 MHz +) Having enough memory (256 MeB +) will also help.color]

well, both my systems more than triple those requirements, other than the disk speed, which should be ok on at least on of them. as for sound, that's not really a problem because the sound fx will be one of the last things added before release. i might use some editing software to mix music in with the video though.

i'll have screen shots by monday night, and hopefully at least one movie within a few days or so

WOW! Great! I love the old CnC graphics and all that like. Is there going to be a more varied terrain? Would be even more great then. ;D

And uh oh... Last time I've downloaded the Dune Redux 2.8 (or how it's called, the one here on FED2k), it bugged with unit teamcolors. I would have posted a pair of screnshots but I've deleted Redux from my comp :( But, in words, the teamcolor didn't appear on the teamcolored areas of units, but there was a colored quadrangle behind each unit's sprite that fitted right into the selection box.

And on some resolution like 1600x1200 this phenomenon didn't take place, but the temcolors were wrong, I mean they were not just blue or red, they were of some insane mixes of colors (blue plus white and cinnamon, etc.)

WOW! Great! I love the old CnC graphics and all that like. Is there going to be a more varied terrain? Would be even more great then. ;D

the terrain will be similar to cnc tiberium dawn (hillsides and a single upper terrain level), as well different tilesets, such as desert and snow (with sandstorms and snowstorms instead of rain)

And uh oh... Last time I've downloaded the Dune Redux 2.8 (or how it's called, the one here on FED2k), it bugged with unit teamcolors. ...the teamcolor didn't appear on the teamcolored areas of units, but there was a colored quadrangle behind each unit's sprite that fitted right into the selection box.

this is likely because you were running the game in windowed mode with your desktop set to 32 bits per pixel. all redux games (including #3) require 16 bits. when you switch to fullscreen mode, it changes it for you, but if you want to play the game in windowed mode, you'll have to adjust your desktop settings.

And also, the Weapos Factory on your screenshots looks different from what was in CnC:TD ??? It used to have some diiferent lower part...

yeah, the lower dirt ground sections that CnC:TD used to help the units not get stuck weren't added. the user should be able to structure his base good enough so units dont get too trapped, and hopefully the AI will be able to do a good enough job of this.

And why don't you make a more 'lookable' interface?

it's in the game, you just can't see it in the screen shots =)

thanks for the questions and comments

the terrain will be similar to cnc tiberium dawn (hillsides and a single upper terrain level), as well different tilesets, such as desert and snow (with sandstorms and snowstorms instead of rain)

Can't wait, can't wait for the release!!!  ;D ;D ;D :D

And as for the 'lower part', I didn't mean the gorund free space for units. The weap.fact. has some metal foor in the bottom. The graphics of it actually consist of two parts - lower and higher, it was made so to enable those animations when a vehicle comes out when built. the lower part's a metal floor and some stuff around, and the higher's the gate and the roof.

And as for the 'lower part', I didn't mean the gorund free space for units. The weap.fact. has some metal foor in the bottom.

a few of the structures were quickly edited to make them conform with the structure of the graphics engine. that and the exit animation isn't shown anyways (it just places units in any adjacent square). This game is very similar to cnc, especially with all the placeholder graphics, but i'm not copying the way the game works. when a cnc mod is made tho, it will need to be a lot more like cnc, so i'll write the code for that vehicle exit then.

only a few days away now :)