The Playoff Thread

Mahdi

Who do you want to see win the Cup?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see win the Cup?

• Calgary
    • Tampa Bay

I'm so bummed my Flames lost. :( :'(

Well...me and my buddy and some others went to the Saddledome to watch game seven.  They just set up some screens and you watch the game for a $5 tickety, the proceeds for which go to the food bank.  It was intense.  All but the bleeders were packed with noisy red fans.  The crowd was riled to start.  Flags everywhere, horns going off left right and center, and one dude brought his trumpet and led the the "CHARGE!" cheer.  And all for an away game.  It was sightly subdued after Fedotenko's first goal, but not by much.  It got eerily quiet after the second goal by TB, but the last 8-10-ish minutes just had so much more energy on the ice, and it was infectious.  After Conroy's goal the place was psychotic.  The whole place gasped on Jordan Leopold's rebound but he was robbed by the Bulin Wall. :(  It was still well worth going though.  No riots, no vandalism, everyone was in a good spirits (you European footballers could learn a lesson from Flames fans :P)

Of course it didn't help my mood that I had to write to exams and an essay today... >:(

Yes, it's always neat to go to those away games at the arena.  I would have went to the Sens/Leafs game 7 at the Corel Centre had I not been working.

Ninja:  As much as I want to agree with you, I think it was a good call.  It didn't look like it completely crossed the line to me.

Don't worry, the Stanley cup is coming to Canada.

Like to PEI, where we are having Brad Richards day declared by the premier. :)

Richards played for Bay so his efforts are for them and the Stanley Cup is theirs. If you want the cup then make a PEI ( marytimers would be a good nickname what do you think? ) be team and then you could hire Richards and Lecli and Marton and then give it a shot.Of course by that time Richards and others would be too old too play and would be rendered useless. So try making it quickly as we need as much team as we can ( From Canda ) to reach the playoffs. 16 Canadian teams reaching playoffs would be the perfect number for us to get back the cup.

Whatever they are always Merry, he he ;D.

In that case, it's Merrytimers, not Marytimers.  Yuk yuk yuk!

I don't know if it's the Penguins who'll be moving (although they did suck pretty royally this season), but I did hear similar rumours.  I'd prefer it if one of the more neglected teams, like Carolina (who often didn't even have half of their arena filled).  Of course, it could just be wishful thinking.

Personally, I'd like to see the return of the Renfrew Millionaires.  Booyah.

1910RenfrewMillionaires.gif

Go... uh... 'Naires!  Yeah!