The Revival of Fan Fiction

GhostHunter

• 2 weeks later...

Yup  basicly its about..

Zombies...

About a group of teens about 8 of them and how they survive and fight each other and all that yummy goodness and their quest for safty in the highlands of arizona...and the drive there.

About a member of the Michican state milita, Alex rodrigues and his friend Jose trying to survive in a dead filled chicago.

And about President Nader and how he deals with it...

Zombies again... what is this, a fetish of yours?    :)

I was writing a novel-thing... Got to about 270 pages, re-wrote twice, realised it was unmarketable and decided to start something new. Which hopefully I will. Any day now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hrm.

I think this thread applies even more now. Only two active threads, and what...6 active posters? Seven?

I have 1 person who is mildly interested in joining Fed2k and FanFiction and one who is interested but whose Internet isn't working.

What I'm trying to say people, is that we've had these depressions before, but we got out of them. You know how? We posted. If you want to revive Fanfiction, post and revive it! It's not going to help if you expect others to revive it. I can even tick off the active Fanfiction posters on my fingers.

This is an appeal to pretty much everyone who wants to see FF back on it's feet.

Edited by request of Ghosthunter.

Oi, I was just giving examples from the Archive! People don't need to have their names posted up as some kind of incentive. "You aren't doing enough, be ashamed." Seems a bit rude. ...'sides which, people shouldn't be pressurised into posting.

I didn't mean it that way, and if someone was offended by it, I'm sorry. But I said, and I quote, "This is an appeal to pretty much everyone who wants to see FF back on it's feet." If people aren't interested in Fanfiction anymore, then I will stop bugging them. Just say that you aren't interested in Fanfiction anymore or that you really don't have time and I'll stop. :P

"You aren't doing enough' date=' be ashamed." Seems a bit rude.[/quote']

I never said that people weren't doing enough. I said that they were doing little or nothing at all, and appealed for them to be more active. :P But I guess that is the same thing. But still, what can you do if you want to revive FF?

...'sides which' date=' people shouldn't be pressurised into posting.[/quote']

Then what should we do? I want to get FF back on it's feet, but if we can't get people to post, then we shouldn't try to do anything at all. Sometimes you have to be frank and direct.

Personally, I have a girlfriend that lives 40 minutes away, and that I see 3-4 times a week. Combined with the loads of homework that I get, it makes anything outside of those two extremely difficult, including writing in any shape or form. Additionally, if you want to know where Sard went, he essentially is in the same circumstance. Ordos45, for instance, has college and work. Inoc hasn't been on Fed2k a lot period, let alone making long stints of text. The others have equally good rationale, some which I could mention, but not in their entirity. It's a matter of circumstance. The belief that all the previous posters can return is a fallacy, one where even getting half back is a near impossibility. Don't get me wrong: I'm not stating that it's impossible to revive FF, but just not with the same posters. What we refused to really realize (as in us all, including myself) during the creation of this thread, was that few new posters were arriving, and time was moving on. As a result, we became older and more responsibilities came up, some started losing interest, while others stopped coming.

Just change it. My explination wasn't an attempt to constitute the individuals absences from FF, all I was attempting to do was make you aware of the situation. Edit it though, that last remark doesn't especially thrill me; it seems as though you're blackmailing others with a piece that no one'll see in a few weeks, so take the names out.

I'm not fond of repeating myself, but I would like TGED to be unstickied and replaced with the Archive, please. It's not that I don't like having it up there (far from it, I love that it's considered worthy to represent the board), I just think that the Archive would be better placed to demonstrate exactly what can and has been achieved here. And after all it links to TGED, as well as other old favourites such as House Feud, Kanly, and Warlords. It would link to more things, but the total number of votes (and voters) has since August been a grand total of two. Great participation, guys. On that note, since nobody except me seems to actually care about the Archive, I was thinking of just dumping the votes system and doing it all myself, arbitrarily. Would anyone mind? Would anyone notice? Let me know.