Dune 7? Mysterious Gholas? Destruction of Dune?

NeoDevilbane

Another snippet from a different BH interview at http://www.uk.scifi.com/htmlsite/content.asp?sID=11&headID=944

===

Their next book will be the long awaited Dune 7 story, following on from ChapterHouse: Dune. Herbert said, "We've been brainstorming this one during our Machine Crusade tour. For example, I was talking with Kevin in front of a large audience one night and I suddenly had an epiphany, an idea I thought should be in Dune 7. So I bounced it off Kevin right there in front of the audience and we did some brainstorming. The idea was that even though Frank Herbert referred to the destruction of Dune in Heretics and ChapterHouse, it was never written. So I said to Kevin: why don't we open the first of the Dune 7 books with a dramatic destruction of Dune scene? We started kicking it around and we now agree that it is a good place to start."

Herbert is keeping some of the Dune 7 details quiet though. "We found some of Dad's notes in a safe deposit box that had been locked for eleven years and we've been using them for Dune 7," he said. "We have an advantage over other science fiction series because we can always bring a character back from the dead, as a ghola, because the Tlulaxa can breed human beings out of dead cells." So who will be back from the dead in Dune 7? "Oh that's a closely guarded secret, you'll have to wait and see!"

===

Nah.  They're going to try to surprise us.

I now present the Ghola-Czigo!  This time, he can talk, and can shoot lasers out of his bum!

Oh the wonders of technology! Perhaps Charo could be used, lol :P God knows if ever the world was more at risk of destruction, it was when she was famous :P

• 2 weeks later...