Doom 3, Quake 4, Rome: Total War and Half Life 2

Khan

>:(... ;)

Crusher: Khan is a character from a star trek film, although not where I got the name from, and Fenring would be Hasimir Fenring, a character from the Dune books.

Very well, Fenring it is then. ;D

Anyone got anything else to add about the games discussed?

Guest LtTitan

I have a question to add...

Since there seems to be a lot of people who really liked Red Alert, me being on of them. I am going to ask about the famed Hell March song. I have been, for many years, trying to figure out what it is the person is saying in the song. You know who I am talking about? in the first 30 seconds, he says some sort of command. I have from MANY different sources that it is Russian, and others saying it's German.

First of all, I don't think it's German because Germany doesn't play any sort of large part in the game. Second, I think it is mostly likely Russian, considering... I also have it from a friend of mine, who is Russian, says that one of the words is "Pihota" or infantry.

Can anyone shed and light on the subject?

P.S. If anyone still has the game, and if it is possible, would anyone like to play? I've never actually played Red Alert online...

It's Sieg Heil, loosley "Victory and Health".  It is indeed German, because Red Alert was originally slated to be about a more realistic version of WWII (with the Germans being the bad guys), and Hellmarch was written before they changed that.

I think Doom 3 is going to suck. They already anounced that the A.I will be similair to the one from the original Doom (!) and the multiplayer options will be limited. Sound like Serious Sam with better graphics. I think I'll just stick to Half-Life 2.

Well there's no need for that, I'm not actually looking forward to HL2 that much but so far I've heard that these are the estimated minimum specs:

700MHz processor

128MB RAM

DirectX 6.0 or higher compatible graphics card/accelerato

Don't expect it to stay that low for long though, and don't expect it too run well.

:) no matter how sad it may sound.. but i think it is you who should learn that game companies know how to make money. And realy, i can't blame them. Games that run on old hardware have been made, new games are created, requiering more power, but the new hardware can provide that. Besides.. if Company A makes only games that run on old machines Company B will make games that run on new machines but that look much better. Obviously Company A will go bankrupt because they cannot provide the customer what the customer realy wants.