Generals 1.6 patch Monday

DukeLeto

Yep, finally, at long last, the Generals 1.6 patch comes out Monday. And it's looking very promising.

1. FIREWALLPORTOVERRIDE INI ENTRY - repaired this entry so it functions correctly. See section 2.1 of the Readme for more information on using this INI entry.

2. ALT-F4 MULTIPLAYER EXPLOIT - Quitting the game during a multiplayer match using Alt-F4, as well as Ctrl-Alt-Delete or the Alt-Tab menu, will now correctly give the user a disconnect stat.

3. CHINESE AND KOREAN IME WINDOW ORDER - Re-prioritized the Korean and Chinese IME windows on the Save/Load screen so they now sort on top of all other windows.

4. SCUD STORM ANTHRAX BETA BUG - GLA

Emp was never patched *ENOUGH*. Still several dozen if not hundreds of different bugs.

DukeLeto, you quote the "promising features" but i notice that you dont quote any of the mass-hysteria of hate for EA permeating in the Generals Community.

why don't you post *THAT* too along with your "promising features". stop telling only half of the story.

Yeah this does look to cover alot of the problems. It does look promising and I cant wait to get it. Ive been Alt f4 ed too many times and its dam stupid. Dam cheaters , why have the game if you dont want to PLAY the game! I hope that it isent the last patch. My feeling is it wont be.

Low, Nav, and especially you Timenn, a moderator for goodness sakes, STFU or get back on topic!

(Note to Nav: I don't know how to drill this into your thick little skull, but PATHING ISSUES CANNOT BE FIXED WITH PATCHING! You can't rewrite the pathfinding code and keep the patch under 100 megs!)

Anyways, no it will not be the last patch, unless it doesn't need more. (Though it may not...looks like they've fixed most bugs and balancing problems.) The only thing I see that's still a problem is the utter uselessness of Stinger Sites.

Still does not adress the OBSENSE amount of ground to hill firing bugs that make the game annoying as hell to play, or the fact that units can go off-map and you can still see their shadows and not be able to select them, or the fact that workers need to be made faster and GLA need's to be helped somewhat....Just to name a few things...

And Leto, might I ask you do you have proof they're be another patch? Do they SAY it ANYWHERE? Or are you just being as one-sided as to say EA will stick with Generals unlike ANY of their other games and keep patching/supporting it, a concept they have NEVER done past 3-6 months?

Still does not adress the OBSENSE amount of ground to hill firing bugs that make the game annoying as hell to play, or the fact that units can go off-map and you can still see their shadows and not be able to select them, or the fact that workers need to be made faster and GLA need's to be helped somewhat....Just to name a few things...

1. Never seen those.

2. Nope, haven't seen that either.

3. No they don't. Workers are already one of the fastest infantry.

4. GLA is fine; mass Scorps with rockets/toxin/Beta=nearly unstoppable.

The whole units of the map thing I think is mainly USA. I have had my chinoocks go off the screen and Apaches. Youo can sometimes retrieve the units but it is very hard. It really sucks when you have loaded up your Chinoocks with units yet now that they are off the screen you have lost them all.

There will be another patch because if an expansion is comming out there will need to be a preperation patch and also if they are expanding a game than that means they are still showing intrest in the game. It is a huge hit and it will most likely be patched again. They would have to be COMPLETE idiots to miss the fact that Generals is a huge hit and is very popular.

They are morons,idiots,bastards,losers, and persons that dont care about there customers but I grant them they arnt TOTAL idiots and they sure as hell arnt stupid. Even when they do leave games they still put out others and those get popular and it chain continues. They arnt stupid for sure. Thats not a good thing for we fellow consumers but it its for the corperate scumbag. I hold faith that EA will support Generals as long as it shows to be popular.

what is wrong with flaming EA?

go to the Generals Boards and you will see at least 80% of the Community flaming EA! LOL

they are starting to hate EA as much as the diehard Emp fans like me.

this sure will be the last patch for Generals. that is abundantly obvious.

btw, i hear that there is a bug in Generals that you can use to negate the other guy's win. just press ALT + F4 whenever you want, and the other guy will not win (i think you don't lose, either :) ) ROFL

btw this bug has been there since the beta, and i have not heard that it will be corrected in the last Generals patch.

Well if you would have read the patch information Nav you would have saw that they are now giving a disconnect to anyone who uses this cheat. The community on generals is full of people who don't play and want to waste everyone's time by flaming this or that.

Granted EA has not held up there deadlines like they should have but the support IS there. More than likely they are trying to work on their next big hit and working on the patches in their spare time. With the expansion coming out they will surely have to support the game until sometime after it comes out. They are slow but I'm patient and I can wait.

what is wrong with flaming EA?

Absolutely nothing.

go to the Generals Boards and you will see at least 80% of the Community flaming EA! LOL

True, but they are just impatient for the patch... like a pack of rabid monkeys fighting over a bunch of bananas.

they are starting to hate EA as much as the diehard Emp fans like me.
Wow I couldn't have put it better myself :P
this sure will be the last patch for Generals. that is abundantly obvious.
"abundantly" obvious? lol nice word choice. And actually it has already been announced that there will be at least one more patch so please do us all a favour and S T F U about stuff you obviously don't know about.
btw, i hear that there is a bug in Generals that you can use to negate the other guy's win. just press ALT + F4 whenever you want, and the other guy will not win (i think you don't lose, either :) ) ROFL

btw this bug has been there since the beta, and i have not heard that it will be corrected in the last Generals patch.

Well maybe u should do some homework before posting such uninformed information because the Alt-F4 bug is the main thing that is being addressed in the 1.6 patch... as well as several other exploits and a couple balance issues.

Thank you for sharing with us navaros, now come back when you have some facts...

actually, lol, i just realized that all the changes in the new patch were posted by duke in the original post so wtf is nav going on about... he didn't even read the topic before replying!!! Oh... riiiiight Nav is all-knowing and can just conveniently turn stuff he pulls out of his a$$ into undisputed "fact". ::)