Ordos have no air defense

I agree Ordos are lacking in the AA area but are you specifically talking about troopers vs Gunships or Ornis? Troopers are efficient against Drones, it only takes two troopers to kill a drone, so remember that when placing them in your base. No need to group them together since they will be firing at the same drone. Spread them out.

Now the AA mine just plain sucks no argument there ;)

Ordos do have Air Defense.

Indeed, the AA Trooper is effective once you have 15 groups of 5 AA Troopers spread through your base.

But then you have good air defense, and good NIAB defense. Or vehicle drop with an ADV Carryall

But as Ken the wise chief financial advisor says,the cost will work out to be more on the AA mine owner's side instead... ;D

But if you don't care about $$$,then they are QUITE effective and so are AA troopers if you don't mind SOME of the missiles getting outruned.

they need the help of the EliteSards, but who cares... the RegSards good with lasertanks??

Btw AA-mine sucks, they have chance to lost their target and even they can't successfully destroy a one Gunship... anyway, who likes AA-mines need to set his hanger on ungaurd mode.

for gunship, u need to get a few engineers to fix the damage they cause.....

• 2 weeks later...

there is no good anti air defense for the ordos against a large harkonen gunship force which was built for the purpose of taking out selected buildings and are not expected to return, there just isnt enough time to destroy them before they get the job done, the aa mine has alot of flaws, for example its missles dont always reach the target or they're too weak and more often too many detonate to destroy one target, id say the best way to prevent an air attack is to keep the enemy on its heels most of the game if its become a long game. maybe force them to send out their planes too early to do any damage

Exploit their weaknesses as well.... ::)

A wise saying from modern Singaporean philosopher lowzeewee goes "When your enemies hit you where you cannot hit them back,hit them where they cannot hit you back.

Kill the enemy off before they attack you.