AAUGH!!! MY SCREEN!!!

anklbter8

Well I was playing EBFD last weeek and during my game my Norton renewal popped up. Of course this took me out of the game and back to windows but I quickly closed Norton and returned to the game. Oh man my screen was so screwed up. It really sucked because I seemed to have gotten of to a good start and now I can't make anything out. Took some screen shots I thought I'd share with you. Hope it never happens to you.

By the way anyone know how to turn that stupid renewal window off? It pops up once everyday. Really gets annoying.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Stuff like this only happens when i get kicked back to windows. I used to be able to go back and forth but for some reason it won't let me without ruining the screen somehow. Usually its just a blank screen but you can hear the music and sounds.

Here's another shot.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

yep, that's a pretty bad screenshot. ...

Can you remember if you have changed any grafic's related settings recently ?

Could you check if there are any problems with your grafic-card drivers [ in the deive manager of MS Windows ], and when you jump out of the game due to Norton could you check the amount of memory you have free at that time ?

As a temporal solution you could disable the pop-up messages from norton if you'd like. . . don't know if that would help although you could try.

[ which version of Windows and Norton are you running with at the moment ? ]

Well the issue with jumping back and forth doesn't bother me because I don't like to be bothered when I play anyways. I just don't want that stupid Norton renewal to pop up because then my screen is screwed.

I run xp and Norton 2002. I had just the trial and let the subscription go. I would like to keep the virus protection because I have stopped a few viruses. Maybe someone would have a suggestion of a different program that is free I could run. Then I could get rid of Norton.

I haven't changed any graphics settings in the game. I did change video cards but started having the problem before that. I have a 9000 pro Radeon now. Don't remember what I had before was borrowing from a friend.

I once had Emperor make everything invisible except terrain during a game, never had anything like yours though.

oh i reamber that game! it was me you, and shaddam against a ordos comp, we won thanks to my good old engineer drop ;D

whoa those pictures are so sweet you could erase the "dust scout" text and "buildible area" and all the other text and sell it as computer art... those are actually pretty sweet!

whenever my stupid norton pops up and takes me out of a game then i go back in the colors are kinda pastel-ish in color but that's about it

By the way anyone know how to turn that stupid renewal window off? It pops up once everyday. Really gets annoying.

I tried searching through the Norton site and found a lot of issues, but no where I could find how to turn it off. As I don't have Norton (thank god) I hope maybe someone who has would be able to help you on this.

I want to know how to turn the renewal window off as well, that really bugs

what kind of virus protection program do you have Nyar, since you don't have norton... If it doesn't cause problems like that I want it!

Well, I'm not Nyar althoug for those of you who think my opinion counts . . ;)

The Norton Professionall virus software is not as bad as the consumer ones, so just not blame it all to Norton. . . they just lack good "normall" software.

For anti virus software I mostly use Norton [ go figure, although it's the server version ] and McAfee. [ both are server version by the way but the "home" verion is also verry good in McAfee's case ]

When you're not into McAfee you could try Kaspersky, Panda, PC-Cillin, F-secure or in a remote case AVG. Although I would suggest McAfee.