About Worms and storm

There are 2 things that i think totally suck in dune, not becuase it's unrealistic, but because of this:

The storm:

A yes, the good old storm who always sucks up my fremen and sardaukar, and when i am Artreides also my kindjal defense. the good old storm that always razes over my base, without me knowing, so my conyard is half broken when i return from an attack fleet. last, the god old storm, who is always above my base, but never attacks a computer player.

The Worm:

A yes, the good old worm who always it's my units and harvesters, and never the computers units. 1 time it did, in a row of 7 sonic tanks, it eated 1, me happy, not because is attack fleet was 1/7 less powerfull :-/, but because a worm had just for 1 time attacked the enemy instead of me...

Any other people who had such things like this?

H A R K O N N A

The stroms are annoying though. I rarely play Harkonnen so I don't know what would work in that case but for Ordos and, if I played them, Atreides, just pile all the men into the nearby APCs. And the worms, well, I avoid the sand. Harvesters are more expendable than most other units for a short period of time, and mine always get blown up by the enemy if they aren't wormed in any case.

Storms are annoying indeed. They can take almost all health to many infantry units and kill a lot too. Sometimes I move infantry and storm chasing them on base but if I watch enemy, it could do my base ready to repair.

I don`t care worms if spice field is near base cos surface is easy to kill. But sometimes Shai-Hulud attack rushing units and spice field is far away and then I hate worms. But they are better than strorm though. And when I hear worm sign many of these signs are in the enemy area.

Storms: The most homing b*tches in the whole universe.... I always see them.. but that doesn't matter.... my sardaukar keep running and running and running... but that storm is always at my back... and if i finally see it go away from my sardaukar and i think i'm safe and look where that storms heading it after an easier target. Like my sardaukar barracks with a couple dozen of my elite guys there, waiting to be sucked up.

Worms: even though you don't always see them. you do hear wormsign when one comes up. even when he is beneath the shroud. And hell... a dozen seconds later i see him playin around with my harvesters or perhaps a lonely unit

I agree that storms are quite annoying.  It seems that every time I keep my units away from it long enought that it will go away, another one pops up right inside my base or in the middle of my Kindjal defense.

Worms are quite a pain but they can be manipulated to help.  For example a worm pops up just outside your base.  You could take a lone infantray and get the worm to chase you.  If done right you can lead a worm right to the enemy's spice fields. HEHEHEHE!!! ;D

Yeah they're annoying but they're totally random.  Storm appearances, worm targets etc could go either way, so if it's happening to you, it'll happen to your opponent in due time.  Maybe not that game, but somewhere along the line the debt of bad luck will be payed off...

I wish they would give you a warning when a storm appears.  It's to easy for a storm to move right into your base and trash the place without you even knowing.  Plus worm can be delt with in due time because they can be killed.  But storms mearly come and go as they please and you can't do a damn thing about it. >:(

Hmmm....that is true.  But when you are in the middle of a real intense rush on the enemy base you don't really have time, and that is even if you notice it on the radar.  I've had this happen several times where I'll be womping this guy then as soon as I check back on my base it is half in shambles.  >:(

aaah that's fun... but i got something that isn't fun..

I was playin a game and my goal was to destroy the comps with infantry (just for fun) what happens? ofcourse... a storm comes up.. and i didn't have enuff time to move all my infantry.... so i saw a storm covered with my flyin sardaukar goin over the map... it was awful.. and i'm not even talkin about my framerate here..... what do you think what happens to it when a storm sucks up about 40 sardaukar and all those sardaukar start shooting to get my framerate even lower...

Once storm took out somewhere my fedaykin...I think on spice field and then it lasted. YEs, with such infantry like sards or fremen its even worse.

But it can happen to enemy too. NOt as often, though. Once storm was dancing in enemy base few times in one game and only once was in mine. And enemy lost a lot of infantry...

Storms:

Worms: even though you don't always see them. you do hear wormsign when one comes up. even when he is beneath the shroud. And hell... a dozen seconds later i see him playin around with my harvesters or perhaps a lonely unit

that's when i get wormsign i ALWAYS look at the map where it is, so i at least know to watch for it or not...

H A R K O N N A

no... you don't get them free.... at least... not if you have more than 1. I also leave them to die because if i don't give any orders they have more chance to survive than when my AI carryall tries to interfere.. cuz the only thing that he tries to manage is feed the worm even faster than he inteded to.. and not even that.... the carryall actually manages to get himself killed.... omg..... he drops the harvy in front of the worm and is too late to take of and also get's destroyed

Yes, this normal carryall is incompetent, not only drops harvester behind worm, it drops harvester in the middle of battle...it sometimes drops it in plays that shouldn`t drop even if it has blind pilot with semuta inside. But if I have little amount of money or if harvester is close to my base and I can kill worm, I`m saving it, I haven`t time and money to produce more harvesters.