EA vs the World Community Project

Gob, I have a brilliant request that I hope you will assist me with.

I would like you to formally write (email) EA and request for them to hold an EA vs the World Emperor Tournament. Before, there was a Westwood vs the World Emperor Tournament. On the Emperor Chat screen EA states "we will support Emperor as long as required". So Gob, I wish for you to make our requirements known to them. Tell EA that the Emperor Community *requires* that they hold an EA vs The World Emperor Tournament.

What is the sense of saying they "support Emperor" if they are not ever doing *anything* in relation to Emperor, most especially fixing the millions of gameplay-hindering bugs. The least they can do is live up to their claim that they will do what is required for Emperor, and hold this Tournament that we demand.

I have faith in you, Gob. I know that if you commit yourself to this project, you can make it happen.

Let me go on record now and say that I will personally own each and every one of those EA Clowns.

Cheers!

Great idea but unfotunately very unrealistic. If we try and do a "you're legally required..." jobby on them, I'm sure EA have a hundred lawyers for just this occasion.

wouldn't you be overjoyed just knowing they had to *spend that money*? we all know that's the only thing in this, Dune's, or any other Universe that means anything at all to EA. to make them spend that lawyer-money (even though for an Evil Corporation of their size, it's nothing) would probably have a few Directors up-all-night-crying for months. would that not give us all a warm fuzzy feeling inside and a bit of comfort even if our goal is not achieved? :)

note: i am totally serious with my first post in this thread, we should try it, nothing to lose even if we later decide we can't fight them when the spit on our request

i agree with dj we need to start doing or own tourny's before we start asking EA because thew wont notice the activity unless we do somethin and get it back so someone start a post and set up some tourny dates that will work so HOPE TO IT

Well I think that maybe if we could get EA involved then maybe they would advertise on their website or somewhere else. That would help draw people in. Of course this is a real long shot but isn't it worth a try. If it fails then we are out nothing and we can still set up our own tourney if we want.

Gob, in the letter you can tell EA that they can take their very best RTS players and have ample time to practice and learn Emperor before facing us. Maybe some of the guys who made Generals would be interested in taking us up on this offer and imagine the Headlines if they did and we massacred them.

Its a long shot, but it just might make it. :)

This isn't a movie. If it was EA would be based in an evil, sooty, damp, bone-strewn place known by a cheesy name like "Skull Castle" or something. ;D