Arteidies defense against early rush

Duncan_ghola

Ive been rushed alot of time by ordos and harkonen, the basic conclusion ive come to is to ward off a rush i would have to build more atr bikes and light infantry than the enemy has, this works often, then after i lose the offensive i throw in a mino which turns the battle in my favor, but this process is costly and will result in major loses to my side since atr only has machine guns and submachine guns, while ordos has healing light tanks and gas troopers, harkonen has blade saws and a stronger infantry combination, does any one know a better method in defeating an ordos or harkonen rush?

You need to build units with splash damage, light armoured tanks are very vulnerable against weapons that do splash damage (minotaurs, kindjall, mortar infantry)

When you're defending, do not forget to build a machine gun turret, deploy your kindjall close to it, if you have sandbikes, use them to protect the kindjall units, getting a minotaur out of your factory is crucial.

but i have very little money, and the reason why i build light units is to send them out asap, to protect the spice which will eventualy fund minos and kindjal, if i build kindjal and minos and put them around a turret, that will definetly scare a rusher away but what will stop him from sieging my base and destroying my harvestors?

but i have very little money, and the reason why i build light units is to send them out asap, to protect the spice which will eventualy fund minos and kindjal

Hmm... if it's on knife fight, then the best thing for you to do is build some machine gun turrets in your base, send some light infantry units to the rock, together with some sandbikes and some more light infantry, then build kindjall units and when you think the situation is good for the moment build a minotaur or 2.

Don't forget your BO, i think a good one would be windtrap, baracks, refinery + upgrade , factory + upgrade refinery, windtrap, refinery + upgrade, windtrap, refinery + upgrade, upgrade your refineries till maximum and build sardaukars and fremen and drones.

Add some machine gunturrets at any time to places which you find neccisary.

hmmm...

I think kindjals would discourage a harkonnen attacker completely as they (we) tend to use a mixture of buzzsaws and troopers and of course the troopers aren't going to cause much damage to the kindjals. As for Ordos, if the enemy is going all out rushing then there is probably little you can do except wait for him to get into your base and then turret him while you build some minos.

Artiedes defense:

1.30xlight infantry

2.15xSandbikes.

3.Minos.

4.Airdrones.

5.Feds.

first thing u need to do is to spy ur enemy, that's the best way to know what to create against them(CounterxCounter that's Strategy)...

*Reads all the following posts even Kens and falls out of chair laughing*

Do ANY of you Atreides rush, EVER? A MACHINE GUN POST? Are you mad? Camp in your base....Noooooooothing can happen, deploy your expensive kindjal on 8k...Right everyone righhhhht....

Duncan the best Atreides anti-rush is bikes, goses, light infantry and feyds. Of course the main thing with Atr rushing and Anti rush defending with Atr is not how many units or what but how you control and use them.

I think that your BO may be the problem. I think that you should look at some of the BO's on emprworm's site and modify your BO slightly if you haven't done so already. If you are riding zero for a long time, you BO is probably to blame.

In case you all didn't know I'm Vilgent...

Let me start off by saying I've been Atreides rushing as long as you can imagine and I've trained great players in the art. (Doomp0w3r copied MY MOVES, still pisses me off)

Anyways kindjal and snipers are a Atreides rusher on low cashes death. NEVER build snipers early on, they waste WAY to much cash. 11 snipers to 25 light infatry (About same amount) now tell me, which is going to hold off a Hark rush better on infantry rock?

Kindjal drain economy to.