Age Of Chaos IV

exatreide

The small scout ship told the Argonians to stand by, and thus they waited. Only 12 minutes afterwards a stream gate opened and another Anarotross vessel arrived. This time it was a diplomatic vessel. The smallish scout vessel left through the same stream that the diplomatic ship used to come to this sector.

Attention, alien beings,

I am Kal Heagor, diplomatic representative of the Vinitri assembly of Anaris. You said you wish for commercial relations between our people. First, you must understand that the true location of our home planet is to be kept a secret for outsiders. Therefore, this location will from now serve on as a trade post, where we will send merchant vessels on a weekly basis to meet with yours. They will arrive through a dimensional pathway like the one you witnessed short ago. You are never to follow any of our vessels through these pathways, as any alien vessel that enters our solar system will be destroyed.

Heagor out.

A few days later...

Even after making first contact with the species known as the Argonians, the Vinitri assembly orders the Koratross to carry out more deep space explorations. The motives of the Vinitri remain hidden, but the Koratross are as obedient as ever. Hundreds of deep space scouts are deployed.

None of them encounter anything of interest- exept one: Deep Space Explorer #258. After entering normal space though one of the dimensional streams it arrives in a distant part of space. The pilot flies around the sector and charters it, and at one moment his scanners pick up a binary system with several alien ships in it. It was one of the systems of the Treesinka empire, but of course the pilot didn't knew of that yet. The now exited pilot changed course to make contact with the aliens.

Sol'Azret look at the reply, it was not bad, but still as is was, there were no hope of finding a new homeworld for the Argonians.

Meanwhile the 3 Argoanian worldcrafts began mvoing towards the Redemption.

(Argonian armed forces)

Sol Clan.

Redemption.

5 battelships

50 crusiers.

120 corvetts.

5000 fighter of various types

120.000 marines.

Nam Clan

The Black King

4 battelships

60 crusiers.

110 corvetts.

4000 fighter of various types

150.000 marines.

Moon clan

The Shadowlord

7 battelships

40 crusiers.

90 corvetts.

180.000 marines

"An unknown vessel," said a Councillor.

"Indeed," said another warily.

"Should we sent out something to meet it," pondered a third aloud.

A vote was held, and the Council ordered a picket ship to intercept the craft and hail it.

Research: done next post.

Jie Tryt gazed down at the small satellite in front of him. it had writing on the side of it..

V...O...Y...A...G..E..R..

"voyager?"

suddenly his beta ran up to him.

"alpha the satellite has the location of a rich world that ha sfew defenses."

"good. advance the fleet to this world."

research: battleship super cannon: 5 posts.

heavy bomber: 4 posts

warp jump engine stage 1: 2 posts

stage 2: 4 posts

stage 3: 5 posts

final stage 6 posts

The pilot of the Anarotross vessel turned down his engines and watched curiously at the alien ship. He activated the ships communications array and transmitted a message to the aliens, an introduction.

Alien ships,

I greet you on behalf of the Vinitri assembly, the ruling body of the Anarotross empire. I have come a long way to explore this part of the galaxy in search of intelligent life. We hope that we can form a bond of mutual understanding between our people and therefore I propose a diplomatic meating at a site of your choice.

I eagerly await your reply.

Deep Space Explorer #258

Sol'Azret, was well aboard his native worldcraft, when he sendt another message to the Anarotross

[hide]As you well kone we are a homeless people, and we only desire a world to call our home, you race wouldn't konw of such a placem would you[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: I'd hate to see this thread die like so many others, but I can't keep this thread alive on my own, so keep please posting.

Message to the Argonians

[hide]There is a system at coordinates 24892-27491-27485 of wich the third planet has a breathable atmosphere and temperatures ranging from -20 to 40 degrees celcius, currently unhabited. It was initially intended to serve as a Anari colony but please accept it as a sign of our goodwill.[/hide]

A moderately large fleet of Anarotross ships, interceptors destroyers and cruisers, made their way to the stream node, a seemingly uninteresting collection dust clouds and electrical discharges just outside the Anari solar system. The node control system was given the sign to open a dimensional stream to a solar system inhabited by a faction known as the Covenant, who the Anari had been secretly watching for years.

In the midst of the dust clouds a whirlwind appeared, bright lights eminanated and heavy electrical discharges began jumping everywhere throughout the clouds. It was the stream gate. The fleet entered the huge whirlwind and exited in a far away place, more specificly, a Covenant systemat the very edge of their territory. There was only moderate ship activity there.

In the lead ship, a heavy prototype cruiser designated the Falchion, the field general of the campaign took another look at the sensor data. The other ships were waiting for the order to attack, but admiral Jural waited and thought about the whole thing again before plunging his nation into war. He had been briefed a few days earlier by the Vinitri assembly about the purpose of this war. It had been prophetised by the founders of the Anari religion that a war would inevitably break out with a civilisation wich was accurately described in the holy books, a thoused years before today. This civilisation was never found and the prophecy was largely ignored until they began to explore space. In one of the earliest deep space explorations they located an alien empire that fitted the description perfectly, the Covenant. The prophetic books gave no prediction of the outcome of the war, it only said that the aliens would attempt to eradicate the holy church of Anari and its followers once the war broke out. The enemy fleet was estimated to be twice as big as the Anari fleet, and therefore the Vinitri decided to stay hidden for the Covenant until the fleet was fully prepared for war- today was that time.

There was no way to know how fast the Covenants could bring in reinforcements, so the enemy defenses had to come down quick. Jural finally turned on his com system.

"Jural to Anari fleet. Attack enemy, pattern A-5. Destroy all enemy objects."

Dozens of ships charged forward, including the Falchion, while the rear artillery ships fired on the stationary defenses. The Covenant defenders realised quickly what happened and hell broke loose. The Falchion went after a large Covenant ship.

"Fire rockets" said Jural. Dozens of missiles fired from the bow and homed towards the enemy ship, only to bounce of the vessels shields doing no damage whatsoever. The vessel attempted to shake off the Falchion.

"No effect admiral"

"Keep tracking the sons of biches and prepare to fire the plasma cannons. Fire when ready."

Dozens of plasma cannons along the hull of the Falchion began firing rapidly at the enemy ship. The enemy shield shimmered and collapsed.

"Enemy shield is down admiral."

"Arm rocket launchers."

"Ready sir."

Jural looked at the view screen. The enemys hull was falling appart and ready for the slaughter.

"Fire." he said calmly. The rockets impacted the enemy hull and a huge explosion broke out, and then another wich blew up the whole ship. Sofar the battle had gone well, but it was far from over. A stream gate was scheduled to open in another two and a half hours wich would take them back home, but a lot could happen in that time.

1 Standard Kelik Day Later(1 Week in Standard Terran Days)Grasikk set out again in his newly repaired but less outfitted ship with his small battle group.

{They will pay for what they did...}

Rasikk hissed to himself.

A Blue Elite tapped a few buttons and hissed to Grasikk,

{Sssir,location of previous battle located.Shall I engage thrusters and route them towards the battle scene?}

{Yes. Perhaps we can find the location of the enemie's homeworld in the wreckage.}

{Yessir!Set route towards Location Gamma [hide]00156348[/hide]}

The reaction by the High Council to the Anarotross scout ship was astoundingly quick. Instead of buearcratic squabbling, they unanimously agreed to send a diplomatic cruiser from the orbit of homeworld to greet it.

The Diplomatic cruiser slowly moved towards the Anarotross vessel, hailing it, "We welcome you to the Treesinkan Empire. We hope for a peaceful alliance."

---

Intaki, one of the least outspoken High Councillors turned to the rest of the Council," The prophecy? Are they the ones destined to bring the galaxy into the flames, or are they destined to fight the fires?"

The enemy had gone berserk. Without noticing for the AA fire, enemy attack crafts head directly for the destoryers. Enemy ships also fired at the destoryers without considering the possibility of crossfire. Under the heavy barrage, 4 more destoryers were lost.

"Stonehedge, fire!"

White bolts shot out from the turrrets of the remaining destoryers. Due to massive system failure and reactor meltdown, one unfortunate destoryer blew itself up after firing. They torn through the dark space and exploded in the middle of the enemy fleet, causing great havok.

"Admiral the enemy is retreating! Shall we..."

"All Valkaries, return! Report losses and seek for survivors!"

Later...

~Loss Report~

1 Carrier

4 Missle frigates

7 Destoryers

2 Dropships

4728 Valkarie class fighters

277 ES

54536 men lost

~Press M for detailed information~

"Such heavy losses...? Are there anymore survivors?"

"That's all, admiral..."

"Report back to the colony, ask for reinforcement. Attach the battle record, that should help passing the debate going on for building the third fleet."

"Message sent. Admiral, a survivor from the convoy wants to see you."

"Bring him in!"

1 post till the message reaches the Orpnahs colonies.

As Grasikk's now smaller fleet raced through space,Grasikk thought about things.

He had gotten Blue Eagle Relikk demoted all the way down to Warrior, stripped of all of his enhancements and petty blue armor...

But now he turned his attention to the battle.He had lost because of poor tactical plannning...and his units had been lowered to 5 Goliaths, 5000 Attack Craft which were now refitted with Flechette Guns,3 Photon Cannons, and a Flechette Turret, which also gave him a tactical disadvantage. But he now knew of a plan which to use in any other encounters...

2 Posts till reaching Battle Site

The pilot of the scout vessel, named Teira, was like all deep space explorer thought basic diplomatic skills for first contact situations. After he responded to the ships hail he docked with it so the meeting could take place face to face- the Treinskans had a peculiar physiology... 4 legs and 4 arms.

Teiro, now defacto ambasador, was breefed by Vinitri officials that alliances should be secured wherever possible because war was about to break out- the first battle with the Covenant was being fought right that moment, but the scout wasn't aware of that.

After telling a few things about Anarotross society and other such small talk he got down to business.

"We fear that war may break out with an alien race known as the covenant. We have been studying them for some time now and our analyses are that they are relentless and dangerous. You would be a valubable ally to us in case of war, and we wold be most grateful for any help you can provide us."

The diplomats on the cruiser had been talking amiably, until the Covenant was mentioned. Then from the back of the diplomat crowd, a religious diplomat asked," Did you say Covenant?"

Within minutes of fierce debating among the diplomats, a decision was reached to contact the High Council for a vote on Tiera's proposal of an alliance.

"I apologize," said the head diplomat to Tiera," but the Council is not known for quick decisions. Please, make yourself comfortable."

--

Elsewhere, the first Dark Star Cruisers entered service.

The Redemption was heading towards the planet the

Anarotross had told them about, meanwhile the remaning clan leaders were setting up trade agreements with the Anarotross.

(Argonian armed forces)

Sol Clan.

Redemption.

5 battelships

50 crusiers.

120 corvetts.

120.000 marines.

Nam Clan

The Black King

4 battelships

60 crusiers.

110 corvetts.

150.000 marines.

Moon clan

The Shadowlord

7 battelships

40 crusiers.

90 corvetts.

180.000 marines

(OOC: Might as well come back in style, eh? BTW, mind if I join in?)

Faction: The Orcs

Physical Statistics: Average Orc has a height of 4' 5", weighs around 150lbs, and has green, mottled skin. Primary eye color is black, as is hair.

Mental Atributes: Average Orc Intellegence Quota is estimated at around 90. Orc brain is comparable to that of Humanity, but smaller overall, with an emphasis on the less advanced "reptilian" section, leading to agressive, violent tendancies.

Racial Origin: Human research laboratories in South Asia. Race is the result of an expiriment on primates with unknown gene and chemical additives.

Tenchological Status: Early 21st century Earth.

Social System: Fuedal. Emphasis on Clans.

Estimated Number of Orcs on Earth: 1,000,000.

This story begins with a dream...A memory...

Zhamyel blinks in the bright light. The human holding him mumbles something, and places him into the incubator. Zhamyel attempts to repeat the human's words, but fails, turning his curious mind into a bomb exploding with wrath.

"Whoa! This little critter can get mean can't he?" asked the man at the incubation tank.

"He's not a critter, he's a...a..." comes a reply from one of the girls at the computer console.

"I tell ya what he looks like," comes an answer from the breakroom, "He looks like one of those orcs from that 20th century computer game."

"Well, I still don't what to think of a government that would fund such a program like this." says another girl, "Research in increasing primate intellegence, yes, but skin that camoflagues naturally with flora? An enlarged medula oblongata, for violent and agressive thinking? What possible civillian use can this thing have?"

"Umm, Sherry, why don't we discuss this in my office, eh?" says the head laboratory scientist.

Once the two leave the area, the quiet air is filled with covert whispers.

"Doesn't she know better than to ask questions like that?"

"I think we may have lost the latest addition to our crew."

"Just as well, I didn't like her anyway."

"Yeah, I learned to take my paycheck and shut my mouth the very first day."

(OOC: I'm going to take my next few posts to introduce the species. Dang it's good to be back. After all, what's Age of Chaos without and Orc of three?)

I gave Ex plenty of time to reply to the battle, so now I'll just decide the outcome myself.

Good to have you aboard LJ :)

Chunks of metal floated through space and disabled ships drifted everywhere. The battle was won, with fairly little losses on the side of the Anarotross. Jural sighed with relief. Sensor sweeps of forward scouts showed that Covenant reinforcements wouldn't arrive for at least two hours, giving them plenty of time to complete phase two of the invasion. The scheduled stream gate opened and the most damaged of the ships returned home for repairs. They would also give the all clear signs for the reinforcements needed to occupy the system, and the dropship armada for the invasion of the Covenant planet.

It was only an hour later that the dropships began their descent into the planets atmosphere. The defenses on the surface were largely decimated but nevertheless 13 of the 57 dropships were destroyed by weapons overlooked by the fleet in orbit, who were quickly to react by eradicating the remaining defenses.

The dropships safely touched the ground, and the doors opened. Thousends of storm troopers walked out of the massive pods, exchanging fire with some Covenant troops that lay in ambush around the landing site, but their resistance proved meaningless against such overwhelming numbers.

The doors of the dropship in the centre opened. This dropship had endured quite some damage, but it was particulary well shielded and armoured to protect its precious load. Rul Murat stepped out and looked around himself. The planet appeared to have a friendly climate with moderate vegetation. His astonashing succes in his previous campaign, cleansing a city of rebel activity, had earned him the trust of the Vinitri assembly and they had pressed the Koratross, the military class, to have him lead the invasion.

For this purpose he had been given command of a large devision of Aq-Fari troopers, the finest and most zeallous of the Anarotross army. With the loss of those 13 dropships he had approximately 63,000 men at his disposal for the first phase of the campaign, and about 2,000 VTOL gunships for support. It should prove quite sufficient.

From the landing site Murat could see his first target in the distance. The planets largest city, presumably the capitol, was to be captured and none of the citys leaders was to escape. After that more troops would arrive to secure the rest of the planet.

A few years later, with the accelerated maturity of his species, Zhamyel now stands almost as tall as one of the lab technicians.

"Ahh, and how are you today, Samuel?" asks one of the technicians.

"Unkrie," replies Zhamyel, unable to pronouce his words quite as easily as his human counter-parts.

"Hungry, huh, you're always hungry," the technician pats her belly, "and you don't gain an inch."

Zhamyel ignores this. He realizes it is some form of human culture, "humor". He knows he is not human, so he choses not to take part in that culture.

The technician sobers up and removes a meat tray from the supply room and inserts it into Zhamyel's cage.

"Tank yu," says Zhamyel, one of the few customs he observed. If I didn't observe that custom, they'd be sore at me for sure.

Admiral Spit on the newest report. The infadels had managed to capture a Covenant world. A farely large sized one. They had forgot to gaurd several key planets in there own systems. There fleet would be traped inside covenant territory.

"Sir We are exiting Slip streem in 20 Microts." Navigations officer Sharpie said, the blue skinned elites mouths clatterd on with the formal title of the Admiral who ignored it.

"Destroy everything." He said and walked towards his lounge.

"Admiral?"

"Scanners dectected a picket force in the area. Nothing we can not handle, after this set course for the nearest infadel world. Admiral Jah"lo Ma Si should be in time to keep there fleet ocupupied, once they need are help despretly we jump out, and save them. Understood?"

"Yes Admiral."

And he left, leaving Sharpie in command

The Ships burst out of Slip stream above the surpised world.

2 crusiers and a destroyer were all that gaurded her from the Covenant fleet.

They lunched fighters and begain towards the Covenant. Whos Serhhans launched out to great them.

11 Covenant Crusiers, 15 destyoers, 4 battle crusiers and 1 Carrier faced them.

Elsewhere..

"How long till we arive?" Jah"lo Ma Si asked

"20 minutes sir we pushed the engines past there limits as you sugested."

"Exelent."

The entire building shakes and the bombs rain down from the sky above.

"Vhat's ghoink ohn?!" demands Zhamyel from his cage.

"The..." the technician sighs, and braces for another impact, once the shuddering stops, she continues, "The sins of nature we have commited here are finally coming to fruition."

"Zhins?"

"Sins... Ethical wrongdoings," the technician starts to elaborate, but she stops, grins and thinks, Always the teacher. Even when we face sure annhilation, always the teacher.

"Stronk esthics," says Zhamyel, as the building shudders with another blast.

What am I thinking? This creature isn't even human! thinks the technician, but turns back to the cage before heading for the door, "Samuel. The...men that are coming will surely kill you if they find you." This is insane...I can't leave them to be slaughtered, "I will unlock your cage. When you are free, go down the hall and to the last door on the left. It is locked, but you are strong enough to force it. Inside you will find an armory...You know what to do," the technician sighs, and says, "There are others of your...kind in this facility, about twenty. Save those you can find, and avenge this day of bloodshed."

Zhamyel stands there in silence, then nods his head once.

"Goodbye, Samuel."

Sol'Azret was looking at the planet from the brigde of the Redemption, it seemd to be a fetile one, covered by ocean and jungel, and all scannings looked good.

As the Redemption went into orbit, Sol'Azreth the clan SOl and Nam to move towards what would be there homeworld.

(Argonian armed forces)

Sol Clan.

Redemption.

5 battelships

50 crusiers.

120 corvetts.

120.000 marines.

Nam Clan

The Black King

4 battelships

60 crusiers.

110 corvetts.

150.000 marines.

Moon clan

The Shadowlord

7 battelships

40 crusiers.

90 corvetts.

180.000 marines

Zhamyel awoke from his dreams with a start. He lay alongside the twenty "core" members of his clan.

The core members. The first members. Together we united our race and destroyed or enslaved those who would not unite. Now we lay here preparing to take the world that bred us. That...Created us.

Zhamyel rose to his feet and walked to the edge of the encampment. It was twilight, a few more hours and night would fall in and the clan would begin the attacks.

Zhamyel turned and looked behind him. Rows and rows of Orcish sleeping sleeping bodies spilled out, twisted and broken, from the central command tent.

"Tonight five hundred thousand Orcish warriors will face victory or death. There will be no surrender. There will be no mercy."

Almost forgot about this thread...sorry :(

In the Anari home system a disturbing subspace transmission came through- the Covenants had attacked several ships that were defending the outer colony world of Remus. Reinforcements were on their way from a neighbouring system but would probably be to late because Anari engines are relatively weak. The admirals decided it was best to open a dimensional stream from the home system and send reinforcements from there- dimensional streams had a negligable traveling time.

On such short notice only a small strike force could be assembled, however. They entered the stream gate opened before them, warping them through space at incredible speeds and exited in the attacked solar system a mere ten seconds later, faster then any other type of traveling could take them.

Captain Tudek ordered for an immediate sensor scan of the system.

"All defenders have been wiped out" said the science officer. "I am reading enemy ships, at least 25 of them, and dozens of fighters."

Tudek realised that they were outnumbered. The only ships he had at his command were his cruiser and 16 destroyer class vessels. This was a suicide mission, but he was no coward and would do as he was told. And maybe he would be able to hold the covenants off till the reinforcements came.

"Open a channel to the other ships. Attack enemy ships, pattern omega delta 3. Destroy all enemy objects." he said.

Meanwhile, on the colonys surface, the defending party was preparing to fend against a ground invasion. Governor Thalis had ordered every man and woman capable of fighting to report to the nearest army base and get themselves a rifle. But there was something else. The planet Remus accomodated several state reeducation camps were Aq-Deti, brainwashed psychotic warriors were trained- if the covenants were preparing to occupy this planet they would be in for na unpleasant surprise.

As the Sol and Nam clans brougt their worldcrafts into orbit and began constructing the first few settelment, under the leadership of their dukes, the Moon clan had stayed at the dimensional stream from which Anarotross traders from time to time appered.

Moon'Axtus, the duke of the Moon clan, had dreamt that the Anarotross were i an epic war with and unknow enemy, in the dream the Machine God had told Axtus to offer the Anarotross aid in the war, and that was excatly what he would do. So he sent the Anarotross a message

[hide]I know of you battel, one of my gods toild me about it, and he also told me to offer you aid, so I Moon'Axtus offer you an aid force of 80.000 marines 2 battelships, 10 crusiers, 20 corvetts and 1000 figthers

Yours sincerly Duke Moon'Axtus [/hide]

(Argonian armed forces)

Sol Clan.

Redemption.

5 battelships

50 crusiers.

120 corvetts.

120.000 marines.

Nam Clan

The Black King

4 battelships

60 crusiers.

110 corvetts.

150.000 marines.

Moon clan

The Shadowlord

7 battelships

40 crusiers.

90 corvetts.

180.000 marines

Message to Duke Moon'Axtus

[hide]On behalf of the Vinitri assembly and all of our people, I thank you. I am confident that your men will give their very best to aid us, and we shall need it. We are now in debt to you, so should you ever require anything, do not hesitate to ask. We would be happy to provide you with it.

May the Creator watch over you.

Koras Trinis, council member of the Vinitri assembly[/hide]

The Argonian intervention force boarded their ships and waited for the Anarotross at the stream.

(Earthnuker is now in control of the Argonian intervention force)

(Argonian armed forces)

Sol Clan.

Redemption.

5 battelships

50 crusiers.

120 corvetts.

120.000 marines.

Nam Clan

The Black King

4 battelships

60 crusiers.

110 corvetts.

150.000 marines.

Moon clan

The Shadowlord

5 battelships

30 crusiers.

70 corvetts.

3000 fighters of various types

100.000 marines

Argonian intervention force.

2 battelships

10 crusiers

70 corvetts

1000 fighters of various types

80.000 marines

(note the Argonians do NOT declare war on the Covenants, they have only sent their intervention force to aid their allies)