Dune Dying?

ordos45

If you notice hardcore Dune fans hate the prequels or dislike them. That is most hardcore Dune Fans. But people new to Dune like them and may not like Frank Herbert's Dune Books or vice versa. So please ask yourself: Why complain about either, contain your thoughts or at least don't bash the other person's view of Dune.

Although the newer Dune books have a distictly different writing style than the originals, they are useful to understand what happened before Paul. In short, I like 'em even though I am also a big fan of the originals.

In a way I agree with shaddam, but as for the Lynch movie being crap, I'm not so sure.

My reason is that the mini-series was just as bad in some ways:-

The movie was very well cast, but the mini was'nt

The general look of the movie made the duniverse more believable

The mini had much more of the book in it, but the movie focused more on important areas, a good example is the Harkonnen invasion, good in the movie but only about 30 seconds in the series.

The special effects in the series way out did the movies, although I preffer the origional worm style.

The biggest reason I like the mini more is the fact that

AT LEAST THEY TRIED!!!!!

I just hope they try just as hard with the next books, if at all

The planets of Giedi Prime and Kaitain were very well done in my opinion. Its a shame we didnt get to see Caladan though, they could've made a really cool look for it.

I think this pretty much sums it up: Lynch had less of the book but it was easier to follow (more simplistic). Harrison had more of the book and it was harder to follow (more complex).

Dune was not an easy book to follow, but it is still a masterpiece. Starship Troopers (the book :)) had a fairly simple storyline but it was also considered a masterpiece of military science fiction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a message to show I do watch the thread still. And personally Lynch's movie's best part was the Fremen using weirding modules in my opinion. I watched 6 hours of Dune one day. The Lynch film on tape and then the mini series on tape. Then saw how much difference there was.

Arakis, Dune, Desert planet. How i miss you. with your sandstorms that can rip a man's flesh off, to sandworms that can eat entire villiges, home of the amzing talking sandworm,resting place of Paul Mud'dib. chapter house is nice but will never replace dune in my hart :'( .

What possiabilites could the Dune saga have after the destruction of the planet Arrakis in the last chapters of Chapterhouse? I see someone trying to make a form of "synthic spice" or like they were doing terraform another planet into desert like Arrakis. I know it goes off into infinity in the ending but I just want to see if you guys have any other thoughts about it.

They could bring in a House that has been building it's army since the Battle of Corrin and now has unleashed them on all the Dune worlds and all the Houses. This seemingly invincible army is transported WITHOUT spice but with a synthetic version that has all the benefits but not the consequences. No addiction to it, and you can still fold space and time. Just a thought :)