lynch's version of Dune

TMA_1

I have noticed that the additions other than the weirding modules are actually kinda a cool touch. One of my favorite is the almost mystical spacing guild. How they emphesize on pure mathematics and even speak it. Also how when shaddam the fourth started losing spice profits, the guild tells them "You will live out your existance in a pain amplifier!"

ahh I love it.lol anybody else have something they particularly like in that version of Dune?

Spacing guild is awesome. I also love the way they pictured mentats and their weird quirks. amazing

I liked the mentats, with their bushy eyebrows, fur coats, and their odd behaviour. I also liked when the Spacing Guild agent said that line ("Rememdy this situation; Restore Spice production; or you will live you your life in a pain amplifier!" - I have a wav of that somewhere). I thought something similar to that was in the book, though.

One of the things I liked was the idea of the Harkonnen people having heartplugs. It really shows how cruel the Harkonnens are - they have the ability to kill anyone by literally pulling the plug! Although I didn't like how the Baron had one, yet Feyd didn't. Why would the Baron have a heartplug installed in himself? I also liked the Baron's diseases. To me, it shows how the Baron's evil nature has manifested itself in the form of these boils and warts.

Well Feyd had a watch tan, that's...not a plug but my point still...ok.

It was a masterpiece, and will be cherished in my VCR. Buy the DVD to cherish it forever! I like how the Navigator was some vaginal-beast, with a sucking device that speaks.

There are something I hate about the movie, like the Harkonnen setup, but you didn't asked for that.

My likes:

The Weirding modules, a great addition.

Mentats, they look like mentats!

Worms, they look very well.

Music, yeah very good music.

End battle, at least that part they are riding on all those worms :)

I kinda guessed that the ending was metaphorical (I think - just remind me of it? coughcough :-[)

Yeah but for me, no matter how metaphorical it was it TOTALLY deviated from the book. I know it happened quite a lot in that film, but in my opinion that was the biggest and worst deviation.

I enjoyed the ending. However, the periscopes that the Emperor and his generals look through kinda ruined it. And Throughout the entire movie it seemed that the most important parts were missing due to teh short length of the movie and making it lower quality in trying to understand it in my opinion.

in the expanded version it explains "the guild ephesizes pure mathematics". Although this is a stretch from the book, I love this addition a lot. I always thought of the mutated guild members as speaking in mathematics. Translated for those who are not as bright as them with the stuff. Also the mutations from the spice obviously had their effect. Their characters are one of the greatest things in the movie in my opinion. They are actually how I pictured the guild before I saw this movie. neat stuff.

yeah in pure mathematics. its a cool idea actually. :) sounds really mystical, almost to a point where the language of math is perfectly understood.

I think it would probably juts be for their language. not sure though.

I thought the Guild Agents looked extremely cool, but they weren't true to the book. In the book, they werent' mutants. They only had indigo eyes from the Spice, which they concealed with grey contacts. I always pictured them as being very pale, perhaps bald, with black suits or robes.

There's one scene in the movie that doesn't make sense to me. In one part of the film, there's some Harkonnen guy playing a musical instrument and laughing. The Baron's also laughing, and you can hear screaming in the backround. (And then later you see Feyd in his speedo.) This whole scene's a bit weird. Can someone explain to me what's going on?

Nefud (the guard) has a little chime that he plays sometimes, to signal the OK for someone to enter.

The "Feyd-in-a-bat-bikini-scene" was a pretty wierd one. Nefud is, I think, playing with the controls for the shower thing Feyds in (it's making the squeaking noise from the water pressure, I guess). I think the Baron mentions something about bathing in Atreides blood, but I'm not too sure.

I noticed last night that the Shadout Mapes (linda Hunt) was the principle in the movie Kindergarten Cop starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. I pointed it out to my non Dune friends, who criticized me about being addicted to Dune and how they didn't care. But I don't care what they think about Dune.