Like I never got to them 'cause I usually crush my oponents in the

first minutes.;D

Therefore I want to ask - How long was the longest game you've ever

played?

An average game lasts 5 - 7 minutes.

Everyone here talks about hords of Sards, minos or superweapons. :O

first minutes.;D

Yeah, people just imagine the situation around here, they don't look at what had happened in the game (amount of harvestors, refineries etc) the units just magically appear on the battlefield ^-^

The longest game i have ever had.... a turtle game of 3 hours :O

longest game... probably 5 hours. me and my ally woulda crushed the enemy A LOT sooner... BUT i had a ton of harvesters and they were all clumping in my base around my Refineries, and banging into each other. They wouldn't deposit their spice :( So.... I was stuck holding off the enemys with a minimal amount of forces and they could not penetrate my defense.

Thankfully, my enemys were n00bs, desertway and his girlfriend, and she kept attacking me with Ix Bombs and shooting Fedaykin's at my harvies in which case the Ix Bombs were eradicated at the moment they came near me and I'd just run over the Feds LOL then she'd try ADPs which my few Air Drones were still able to own. desertway was deadlocked vs. my ally, he wasn't making any headway. the game woulda been resolved A LOT faster if my harvesters were not clumping because then I could have made a decent army and obliterated them both real quick

of course if my enemys were good, they most definitely woulda Won the game real quick. Lucky for me they weren't :)

although most people always rush in skirmish, something you may not know is that Emperor comes with an Under 3 Rule which states it's legal and okay to quit the game at any point under 3 minutes and if anyone does, that game does not count

so therefore if anyone quits a game on you in under 3 minutes, it's not because you Won, because Officially, that game would never have counted. this is done to add depth and creativity to Emperor gameplay as well as balance the game because Atreides is fundamentally weaker than anything else at the start of the game

since there are no Ladders anymore, quitting under 3 in the only type of game left - skirmish games - should be expected, and when that happens, no one really Won

If there are more than two players, the game may last longer of course.

I never quit a game. I play it to the end, till everyone's dead. People

who usually quit when loosing are those, who don't even know how

to deploy units.

to deploy units.

i don't deny that people who quit often are sucky n00bs who quit out of frustration, but that does not mean great players won't quit as well. many of the greatest elite players who ever played Emperor would take advantage of the Under 3 Rule. it allows for flexibility of BO's and doing the unexpected to catch your enemy off-guard, as well as allows you to get out of a grossly unfair event that would gurantee your loss if you were not to quit, ie: a computer worm eats all your starting units.

When someone quits I consider that he's a coward and I won the game.

When playing you have to think about everything, because the outcome

of the game depends on what you'll do. If something bad happens to you

it's only your fault. It's not a reason to quit. (unless you're a ...)

When someone quits I consider that he's a coward and I won the game.

When playing you have to think about everything, because the outcome

of the game depends on what you'll do. If something bad happens to you

it's only your fault. It's not a reason to quit. (unless you're a ...)

from a legal perspective, you are wrong. legally, quitting under 3 means the game is not counted. you might not like the Law, but legally and technically you certainly did not Win the game if your enemy quit Under 3. technically and legally, nobody Won and it was never a valid game. and ps it's impossible to account for everything, humans play Emperor, not soothsayers

You're right.

But anyone can play for three minutes and if he doesn't like the result

he just quits. If everybody played like that nobody would win.

A good strategist can't make mistakes. If your units were unfortunatelly

swaloved or anything else it's only because of you. You are the one who

commands them.

The quit under 3 was originally for 'testing the game out', meaning if it was too laggy to play on, or if your opponent constantly loses his connection with you you can quit the game without it being recorded, ask chris longpre if you want to be sure.

The quit under 3 was originally for 'testing the game out', meaning if it was too laggy to play on, or if your opponent constantly loses his connection with you you can quit the game without it being recorded, ask chris longpre if you want to be sure.

do you have a thread in which Chris has stated this? i know before when Dev posted about it he always picked his words extremely, extremely carefully so if Chris stated this outright then I'd definitley be most interested in seeing that

hmmmmm this is an interesting one.......i have a one-on-one infantry battle with another called osamabin and we didnt touch each other's army for almost 3 hours and the battle lasted until about 3 and 1/2 hours later and i lost :).And this wasnt even a non-spice map ;)

An average game lasts 5 - 7 minutes.

Everyone here talks about hords of Sards, minos or superweapons. :O

first minutes.;D

Therefore I want to ask - How long was the longest game you've ever

played?

I have a friend who introduced me to this game, and I am better than he! He likes Draconis4, Geidi Prime, and Caladan (I don't know why). Whenever we play there, the games last a long time. Whenever I play anywhere other than Arrakis, the game lasts a long time. Longest was probably two and a half to three hours.

to deploy units.

Four player games are very short because the ally of the first person to die normally has little a chance to win after his or her ally is defeated.

The other player usually quits because he thinks he doesn't stand a chance.

I have to apologize for not being correct.

I said that I never quit a game. (but it was till then)

Yesterday I played a game which ran so slowly that it was completly

impossible to play. So I quit.

But still, bad connection or slow speed should be the only reasons for quitting.

The other player usually quits because he thinks he doesn't stand a chance.

I have to apologize for not being correct.

I said that I never quit a game. (but it was till then)

Yesterday I played a game which ran so slowly that it was completly

impossible to play. So I quit.

But still, bad connection or slow speed should be the only reasons for quitting.

I almost agree with that; you should quit if your opponent has already destroyed your base and you only have one scout that your opponent has to find left, or something like this. Also, when you have to go somewhere, you have to stop playing.

The longest multi player game I ever had was an hour. 30K Prebuilt on Knifefight with a freind over TCP/IP hookup. I was Ordos as usual, and he was Atry.

It really wouldn't have lasted longer than 15 minutes, he had no money, no units left, a taken ConYard, only two Windtraps a refinery a factory left, and his free Harvestor kept getting shot out of the sky by Rocket Turrets. Don't get me wrong, he's not a newbie. I wasn't fairing much better (down to my last group of units, with only 300 Solaris in my coffers, and running off the free harvestor my REMAINING refinery had at it's disposal); however, I was the one who decided to keep my last group to a death squad of Sardies. He tried to wipe them out with a group of Feyds. Didn't work very well.

But anyways, me being me (a sadistic son of a bi*ch), I followed a campaign of containment. Walling off his refinery, killing all the windtraps, and then... Well, I then expanded everywhere. It was an orgy of dual techtree base layout on three different rock faces. I was surprised he let me do it; he had every right to leave without somebody calling him a wimp.

Then again, he's a good sport. Actually gave me some hints on 'Courtyard Building'.