Reduce Pollution? Cut Down Trees!

this may be a little off topic but, i heard about a genus of tree that only has one species in the genus left... it's called the ginkgo biloba tree (i think) and it actually takes in more polution (and changes it into O2) then any other type of tree... the only reason the one species of it is left is that the uhhh japanese i think kept it in their gardens... making the species live longer

this is the tree that they use some chemical or something that is in the leaves to make pills for memory

i may be wrong though...

yeah, ginko is looked upon as a kind of panacea by many asian countries. I think what it is getting at, is that the balance of wildlife has been thrown off. Originally all the plants worked off eachother in a lightly stable alliance. It worked as long as nothing messed with the eco system. Well we did. oops.lol

this may be a little off topic but, i heard about a genus of tree that only has one species in the genus left... it's called the ginkgo biloba tree (i think) and it actually takes in more polution (and changes it into O2) then any other type of tree... the only reason the one species of it is left is that the uhhh japanese i think kept it in their gardens... making the species live longer

this is the tree that they use some chemical or something that is in the leaves to make pills for memory

i may be wrong though...

I think its called the bilaboab tree. It definitely has 'boab' in it.